Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 89

Author Topic: You are an evil entity (suggestion game)  (Read 114474 times)

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are an evil entity (suggestion game)
« Reply #990 on: September 14, 2013, 06:30:54 pm »

Well lets send them some mental poison and grant some cultists a dark pres- oh, wait, nevermind... Goblin invaders will just get the guards involved. Better to hire the assassins, see if they can capture some wizards that can be corrupted into joining the cult...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #991 on: September 14, 2013, 07:53:13 pm »

Well lets send them some mental poison and grant some cultists a dark pres- oh, wait, nevermind... Goblin invaders will just get the guards involved. Better to hire the assassins, see if they can capture some wizards that can be corrupted into joining the cult...

The Assassins are getting their poison from us - we already are in their very good graces. If they have not become involved by now, It just means that the risk of fighting the mages far outweighs the worth that we add to their buisness. We might want to see if they could get hired, but else I doubt that it will work that way.

Trying "The Ring-Thing" sounds like a good idea thou. +1

Kitten Snot

• Bay Watcher
  • In need of literary skill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #992 on: September 18, 2013, 03:06:13 pm »

Hire some assassins, then. We have the money.
We can't pay them to join the gang war. They are willing to do hit and runs, and I payed 25000 coins to get them to kill their leader. It's taking a bit.
Right...
You attempt to go through the portal in your gasform, but sadly, it doesn't work. No living things can go through.
However...

You give Seum the ring, and tell him to hold onto it for a while. You then put yourself into a bottle, and tell the priestess to strengthen the portal a bit.
She does so, and you go through with a quick throw from Seum. When the bottle breaks, green smoke billows out and then condenses into your form once more.
You can't help but laugh in triumph at having bullshitted the system. Seum goes to the entrence of the fort to keep warm while he waits. He silently prays that the dwarves don't rage him off the mountain.
So here you are, standing proud and ready to fuck some old man shit up.
What do you do?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I make stories and sometimes people like them.
Well, they did that once.
I think.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #993 on: September 18, 2013, 03:11:27 pm »

Is our old host body still around?
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #994 on: September 18, 2013, 03:12:51 pm »

Use ourselves as a poisonous smoke granade! Then possession, empowerment, and wreak havoc!

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #995 on: September 18, 2013, 05:12:53 pm »

Let us not forget that we are dealing with mages here.
They and clerics are some of the few who can actually harm us in any form and for good. That said;

Guerillia Warfare and You! .. or something.

Let's get some of the more worthy troops - priestess included - and stirr up trouble for those mages. Continiously, multiple times, even changing out the lesser guys for not-exhausted ones. For that purpose, crossbows for our men sound fine. Able to inflict mortal damage, while having a good range and being quite straightforward in use. Maybe some explosives even. Ah, the fun to be had.

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #996 on: September 20, 2013, 06:40:30 am »

Is our old host body still around?
Mongoose? I think so, probably should ask our priestess where we are keeping him (I think he is the tower) or if he has been moved. Suggest using him if we need a meat shield. (would also like to break his soul if we haven't already, but that might be a bit beyond our ability/not really worth it for now)
+1, liked the grenade idea but wouldn't want to be in middle of a bunch of mages afterwards, or motivate the guards to enter the fight.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #997 on: September 21, 2013, 04:05:23 am »

One could attempt to discern the inclinations of the local magics and counter it specifically. Fire becomes treacherous if one is amidst flammable materials. Sparks are known to favour some targets over others. Manipulating life is of little value against snares and falling objects. And frost will freeze those using it if they lack a means of escaping the region in which it is excessively deployed... Se if we can hire some of those employed in the field of security to devise some mundane mechanisms that would be sufficiently hostile towards the magically inclined...
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Read the First Post!

splehpnala

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #998 on: September 21, 2013, 07:16:11 pm »

Put a puddle of a flammable liquid outside the front entrance and then light it up when a bunch of wizards go in it.

Hey kitten snot, is your profile picture supposed to look like Putribilibus Carnifex?
procrastination is the opposite of concrastination, so you know.
we are all just sentient jelly piloting a bone-mech

Kitten Snot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #999 on: September 23, 2013, 03:05:22 pm »

No. It's just the average dwarven butcher. If you want an idea of what he looks like, just look up pudge. Find the most scary picture you can find of him and amplify the disgustingness and add moving wounds and stitches alongside a constant shadow almost covering him.

Guerrilla warfare is fine and all, but it relies upon superior knowledge of terrain, so it's not the easiest to do. Still, Mongoose knew some basic things. What you're doing is more of an outlasting thing.
The crossbows prove to be very effective, though. But they were too expensive to equip everyone with, so your strike teams have a few each, and just trade them out during the switches.
Basically, the ganks are working out great, at first. Later on, they become careful and hire some protection services alongside some protection from arrows spells.
Then, of course, the second part of your plan started.

It might be rather primitive, but throwing rocks proves to be more effective then thought. It helps that the rocks are pretty large. Putting rods down makes combat easier... All in all, you can beat a group of wizards in a straight-up fight. So, currently, they are just holed up inside their base.
The assassin guild came through on their killing of the leader, too! They have a succession line in place, but panic has to be gripping them now. Your appearances as Mongoose also fuels the rumor that Mongoose took control of the cult.
In the end, it now becomes a turf war. The same guy that gave you a bad map attacked the map with crayons, to show the territory.
How are you going to perform the last bit?

I think.

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1000 on: September 23, 2013, 04:21:14 pm »

Spread rumors that our cult is looking for a new necromancer or wizard in general, with special rewards/rank (say, running a new mage guild under our cult's authority or rank in the cult) to any members of the guild that help us take down/over the guild, even if none bite we still sow distrust and deceit in the ranks.
Also check up on Seum

Kitten Snot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1001 on: September 25, 2013, 02:29:37 pm »

Your minions get started on that rumourspreading, but that'll take a bit. You use the lull in the action to take a look at Seum's situation.
You open up the portal and see Seum, looking a bit miserable and covered in vomit. It takes him a bit to notice your portal.
You've been taking your sweet fucking time. It's a massacre here! Something really snapped here... They fired the elven caravan on top of their migrants using a drawbridge! They don't even have a moat or anything! They just placed it on the ground to launch things! They put t-their leader in-Basic dwarven bullshit, basically
Please leave before I remove your lips. This is a conversation I'm trying to have here.
The priestess throws her hands up in the air and leaves in a huff. Fickle mortals.

That was mean. At any rate, I'm sort of moving around the fort, scavenging the food here. The artifacts are all in the hands of the scary dwarves.
So you're fine?
I'm not, really, I'm covered in vomit and need to fight for scraps of roasted tallow roast. I use their alcohol to light my fires and forget my misery.
Yep, be there when this is done.

Your rumor proves to be efficient. A creepy guy in a purple dress approached your tower with 5 skeletons following him. He's clearly nuts, though. Ranting about how the wizard guild threw him out for sending resurrected apprentices send their own death letters to their mothers.
He's a dedicated necromancer, however. Willing to build golems if ever asked or resurrect some basic zombies. Though those tend ot be out of his control.
Basically, he's crazy, dangerous, homicidal, senile, powerful, a liability and likely amusing.
You take him in on a test run.

I think.

wer6

• Bay Watcher
  • SCOUT DOESNT WANNA GIVE A KISS
    • View Profile
    • Pirate baaaayyyy!~
« Reply #1002 on: September 25, 2013, 03:23:21 pm »

Herm... Seems I lost every ounce of being of what were suppose to be doing...
Just before leaving, Psysquid quickly summons a Burrito in his mouth.

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1003 on: September 25, 2013, 05:45:09 pm »

Herm... Seems I lost every ounce of being of what were suppose to be doing...

So I think we are trying to resolve this then head back on our quest.

Suggest asking this guy (learn his name as well) about the Guilds base, defenses, food sources, stuff like that.

Also would like some thoughts on leaving for now to deal with these dwarves. Hope Put isn't mad we ditched the chosen one.

Edit: Also ask how good his necromancy is, how many he can maintain, how much of their skills they retain ect.
Edit2: If this guy is as bad as the string of negative terms seems to suggest, I suggest considering possessing him so someone can put his skills to good use.   There, made enough suggestions that a bunch are bound to post in protest, (note, I still somewhat believe in the suggestions made above) was kinda worried when no one posted last time, silly I know but my suggestion was only meant to be a side action, leaving the main action to smarter people. I mean we could have went wizard hunting or searched for more goblin tribes to take over or something whilst we waited for rumor to spread.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2013, 06:36:38 pm by Cain12 »

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1004 on: September 25, 2013, 08:46:55 pm »

lets spread rumours that the wizards are hiding because they have exhausted all their magic and their loot will be easy pickings until the cult moves in. Make preparations to siege the wizards. Look into options to block or corrupt teleportation magics. It cannot possibly be healthy to be teleported in close proximity to demonic portals or poorly contained enchantments... If we make it clear that anyone who leaves the wizards' residence is going to encounter a dozen crossbow bolts and a couple of Molotov cocktails and anyone attempting to enter is going to arrive with fewer functioning limbs and more functioning infections then they set off with then it should start to deteriorate conditions for the wizards. Of course, leaving the wizards alone to complete their last-resort ritual could be risky, but it can't be all that impressive if they haven't used it yet...
Read the First Post!
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 89