Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 89

Author Topic: You are an evil entity (suggestion game)  (Read 114570 times)

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
Re: You are an evil entity (suggestion game)
« Reply #915 on: August 25, 2013, 07:15:42 pm »

Kill'em HARD

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #916 on: August 25, 2013, 07:21:23 pm »

Melvin is of no use to us, as the villagers will kill him regardless... But destroying his soul sounds like fun, and if we could destroy his soul while the demon is still inside his mind, ell, that could be an interesting experiment...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #917 on: August 25, 2013, 07:24:12 pm »

Or suicide, maybe? As I said earlier, we should be able to eat souls easily to even consider eating the soul of noble possessed by a cannibal demon. So that's a no.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #918 on: August 26, 2013, 06:18:53 am »

If there is a soul there then it is Melvin's, and it is probably tormented at that. Whilst they are presumably quite strong to survive the possession, we may well find them willing to accept destruction if it will cause trouble for the demon that did this to them...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #919 on: August 26, 2013, 12:08:52 pm »

Not relevant to current decision but
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #920 on: August 26, 2013, 12:33:48 pm »

Is anyone open to trying to mark the chosen one to slowly corrupt him at some point? Sorry if that was already shot down for whatever reason earlier

... anyone remember what we did to the handman of the guard-captain, when we were the guard-captain?! The hidden altar...?

Let us "try" to get the demon out of there. By getting our lil' hero to pray to good ol' put!
Just like the olden times. Cain, that was a genius idea, and so very relevant to our current discussion. At least now it is. :P
Seum still thinks we are a demon, and has us not connected to any god, so with the mark it will be childs play to wing the rest. :3

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #921 on: August 26, 2013, 12:35:35 pm »

Is anyone open to trying to mark the chosen one to slowly corrupt him at some point? Sorry if that was already shot down for whatever reason earlier

... anyone remember what we did to the handman of the guard-captain, when we were the guard-captain?! The hidden altar...?

Let us "try" to get the demon out of there. By getting our lil' hero to pray to good ol' put!
Just like the olden times. Cain, that was a genius idea, and so very relevant to our current discussion. At least now it is. :P
Seum still thinks we are a demon, and has us not connected to any god, so with the mark it will be childs play to wing the rest. :3
-1. The chosen one is just important as long as the mission exists. After that, he would be just a random guy.

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #922 on: August 26, 2013, 02:51:46 pm »

Even if useless afterwards, corrupting him during the quest would have uses:
Also he is a chosen one, he is bound to gain something out of this quest if only becoming stronger from the experience, so he probably wouldn't be totally useless. (assuming he survives unscathed or at least is in working condition of course)

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #923 on: August 26, 2013, 02:58:21 pm »

In my opinion, the risk-benefit ratio is not enough, but, well, that's just me.

Eotyrannus

• Bay Watcher
  • Here to throw dinosaurs at people
    • View Profile
« Reply #924 on: August 26, 2013, 03:12:38 pm »

In my opinion, the risk-benefit ratio is not enough, but, well, that's just me.
+1

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #925 on: August 26, 2013, 03:17:58 pm »

Fair point, wont deny its risky, if we mess up it may mess up the quest, plus Put may not want us risking the fate of the world, the gods and everything just for extra evil points or followers for him. Plus no guarantee another god hasn't already put some sort of protection on him considering whats at stake. (damn/thank you for mentioning risk, sorry for forgetting how bad it would be if we failed)

Eotyrannus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #926 on: August 26, 2013, 03:25:49 pm »

Ask Put about it, if we're still thinking of doing it. Put always knows best about this sort of thing!

Kitten Snot

• Bay Watcher
  • In need of literary skill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #927 on: August 26, 2013, 04:05:40 pm »

You won't have any of that saving shit, and you walk up to him with your dagger. Seum, predictably, pulls your arm to stop you.
If you're too much of a coward to face this demon, fine, but I won't allow you to kill this man because it would be simple!
Let go of me. You slowly hiss, your face looking like ones you'd only find in nightmares. The villagers step away in fear.
Seum proves harder to break. He's the tough sort of man, who strengthens in the face of danger. Somewhat surprising from a rogue.
I'll go in and kill the demon, and you aren't going to do a damned thing about it.
I'm going with you. A mindscape must be fascinating!
Not as much as you'd think.

Before you can do anything else but snark at them, they have jumped into the streams. You yell in frustration, and stomp over to Melvin. No mortal commands you about, nothing ca-
You scream in pain as your arm burns intensely, you look upon your
Necrosis. A voice rings through your mind, deep and angry.
YOU SHALL OBEY ME.
You instinctively kneel, and pray for his forgiveness. He restores your arm, but you still feel drained. The villagers look at you with a strange mix of awe and pity.
Their pity fills you with rage, but you are smart enough not to have a second outburst after the first almost cost you an arm.

Seum materializes out of the streams, who slosh to the floor. The streams, not Seum.
Melvin starts coughing violently, as his body starts rejecting the demon's waste. It transforms into vomiting pretty quickly.
After about five minutes of all his bodily orifices ejecting black goo that fortunately dissipates, he stands up again. Tall and proud, like any overconfident mortal. Still, after all that it's surprising. He's a well-built man without demon corruption filling his body.
He then faints, and sticks the landing unto his adviser's chair. The villagers quickly get to work, silently carrying him to his room so he might recover.
So that demon was easy enough to deal with.
Speak for yourself, I was the guy that had to distract him!
You're the one in the dress who shoots fire, by extension people are going to aim for you first.
So it died that easily to YOU?
Look, I know where to stab and how to dodge, alright? well, the latter since after the fight. I leveled up.
Bwuh?
Oh right, you don't do levels using experience. I think? Well, whatever, I can construct infectious zombies now!
Nono. You mean to tell me you instantly gain the knowledge after toil and trouble instead of learning how to do it through said toil?
Mate, A monk once came into town to meditate upon peace. He leveled up and used his power to punch things harder. It does not make sense, but we don't complain about it, capiche?

You pinch the bridge of your nose.
What do you do now?

I make stories and sometimes people like them.
Well, they did that once.
I think.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #928 on: August 26, 2013, 05:30:22 pm »

Continue with our quest, tell the cultists to come once we leave and organize the cult here.

Eotyrannus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #929 on: August 26, 2013, 05:33:59 pm »

Have one of the voices in your head mock you for ignoring it.
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 89