Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 89

Author Topic: You are an evil entity (suggestion game)  (Read 114617 times)

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
Re: You are an evil entity (suggestion game)
« Reply #780 on: July 07, 2013, 10:15:06 pm »

The profecy does say something abouy a dwarf so also take the super mace.

Oh an give the priesteece a hug.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2013, 10:45:09 pm by 3man75 »

Kitten Snot

• Bay Watcher
  • In need of literary skill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #781 on: July 10, 2013, 10:40:48 am »

You take 150 gold and enough gold for your equipment with you (100 coins), and the hammer of the avatar will be put in your hammerspace. You won't be able to pull it out when you are in your solid form, but it makes it easier to travel with.
Also of note, the priestess enchanted a ring to give you a sort of "portal" to talk to. The portal only allows air to travel through, as actual teleportation is extremely strenuous, aften leading to popped blood vessels. You decide to give her a surprising goodbye, and give a surprise hug. With your fangs bared.
She yelled like a little girl, and you run before she is done with her confusion. And by run, you mean you jumped out of the window. It's not that high, so you don't get hurt or anything. It's going to be an interesting meet-up when you open up that portal.

Your mage was already standing ready below, with a glowy-ass rock. That's arcane enough, by most people's reckoning. Of course, any mage can probably tell it's nothing special. You get going towards the town. You should get there in about an hour, but fate decided you'd get yourself in trouble. When you were walking on a small road, a loud THUD, along with the earth shaking makes you turn around.
An ogre seems to be living in the tree that hangs over the road. The ogre itself appears to be wearing a small metal helmet that is too small for him. You really wish he could have had the decency to wear some other form of clothing.
This be my road! I wants a tolls! The ogre slowly bellows out.
Your wizard asks him something: And what would you want, Swamp-humper? I can get you a rock? Huh?! Would that make you happy? The ogre does not appear to appreciate the comment, and he rips off a huge branch that could work as a base for smaller trees. A bunch of moldy planks and bones fall down alongside it, causing the ogre to groan in annoyance
You make treehouse broke! I brake yor pine-apple now!
What?
He means to break your spine, I assume.

You get out your claws, and your mage throws a thin icicle at the ogre, which barely pierces it's thick skin but still causes some hurt due to frostbite.
That get's the ogre's blood up, however, and he clumsily charges at the mage. Wander is quick-witted, though, and he sets some dry leaves on fire, causing the ogre to trip in his attempt to dodge from the small flame. While it is on the ground, you jump on top, first raking open the skin on his shoulders, then injecting some poison through the wound. This enrages the ogre, and he pushes himself up with such speed you fly away!
He charges at the mage again and hits him in the stomach, causing Wander to be winded. You manage to get yourself up, and charge at the ogre before he does good on his earlier threat.
Fortunately, the ogre is now attempting to strangle Wander. He does so by attempting to choke Wander's right foot.
You can't help but snicker, and then you slash his back open with a series of attacks from your claws. After that, you try to give a good solid stab, attempting to hit his spine. Unfortunately, the ogre grabs you while you were winding up, but you get away by turning gaseous then turning solid again, leaving the ogre very confused.

Wander then puts his hand against the ogre's wounds, and casts drain health. A ball of blood leaves the ogre's body, and flies into Wander, fixing his hit from the branch.
The ogre is now attempting to flee, not being capable of handling the both of you. You won't give him the opportunity.
You rush forward, getting a running start, jump up and ram your claws into his throat. He yells in pain, and you remove your right hand to put those claws to his eyes.
That was the finishing blow for the ogre, and he falls down on his back, dying. His little helmet falls off, and he still attempts to weakly grab it with his last bits of energy
He was whimpering and crying while the poison begins to finish him. He crawls over to his tiny helmet, but dies inches from it.

There is some loot on him, and you acquire 13 gold pieces and a strange dagger. It's curved and long, and has some runes on it here and there, but is not enchanted and it's too rusty to be of any good. Still, you pocket it.
You leave the ogre to rot along the road, as it's too big to be resurrected by Wander.
When you get to the gate, Seum is waiting for you. He joins you as you go into the city for supplies.
Will you buy anything other then the daggers and buckler you were planning to take?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Ogre added to beastiary.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2013, 02:06:13 pm by Kitten Snot »
I make stories and sometimes people like them.
Well, they did that once.
I think.

ArchAIngel

• Bay Watcher
  • Infested Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #782 on: July 11, 2013, 11:37:41 am »

Get the dagger examined by a appraiser. Maybe it's some sort of weird thingy that is worth 200,000 gold or a rare artifact or something.

Kitten Snot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #783 on: July 11, 2013, 02:30:02 pm »

You go into the market district, and buy your daggers and buckler without incident. It ended up costing a bit more then predicted, and it costs you 125 gold for it all. The buckler is made out of wood, but it has a metal ring to avoid it becoming useless.
Your two daggers have a small hollow point in the middle, which allows you to put poison in it. In return, however, the daggers are a little bit easier to break. It's an even trade, for as far as you care. Speaking of daggers, you also found an appraiser.
When you enter the shop, you are met with a heavy smell of sulfur.
Ah-hem. Sorry about the smell. The young shopkeeper says.
She doesn't look like much. A young, small lady with goggles and a blackened apron who looks more at home in an alchemist's shop as an apprentice then as an owner of a appraisal business. She did seem to notice your doubts, however.
Look, some of these things are cursed, and I tend to take the brunt of those, okay? So please, just gimme the thing you want me to take a look at.
You put the dagger on her desk. You snatches it, and rubs her finger alongside it. She then looks at the runes, at the shape, yadda yadda. You lose interest after a short while.

You wake up when she rams the blade inbetween your fingers. You barely manage to prevent yourself from jumping in surprise.
This is a collector's item! It's one of the daggers of the Goblin Tribe of Esergern. You won't get much for it without the other nine, and the state is something to be desired. If you'd visit the ruins of the tribe, which is in the north of this country, high in the mountains, there's some sort of place where you could find slots for the daggers. Most people don't collect 'em anymore, as starting a collection of these leads to trouble. So that'll be 20 gold pieces.
You pay the woman, and remove the dagger out of the table without a word.

You are ready to go, most likely. Anything else, or will you start following Seum?

HP: 20/20
Fatigue:30/30
Ways of doing damage: Poison Claws. Fangs.
Evil: 9/20
Bases: Underground complex inside city, tower, large temple.
Cult members: 42
Underlings :Goblin tribe. Basic workers(around 30 of them)
Inventory: Artifact amulet, Sweet protective clothing, 105 gold pieces.

Spells
Illusion
Vessel empowerment.

Cult supplies
Weapons and armor, Hammer of the Avatar. Basic food supplies, 13000 coins. A werewolf.
Poisonous animals.
Trading:
Rotten fruits, Deathrot ( of all kinds, poison, alchemy and home defense), goblin weaponry on occasions
« Last Edit: July 12, 2013, 02:16:53 pm by Kitten Snot »
I think.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #784 on: July 11, 2013, 02:37:22 pm »

Eh, would it be too much to have one of our cultists give the dagger to our goblin followers and task them to obtain the rest of them?
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #785 on: July 11, 2013, 02:39:16 pm »

Eh, would it be too much to have one of our cultists give the dagger to our goblin followers and task them to obtain the rest of them?
Sounds like a plan.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #786 on: July 11, 2013, 07:18:06 pm »

+ 1

When you give it to the cultist tell him him everything. An then go to the chosen one to FINALLY start this journey while on the way tell him how you took out the ogre. You know to look cool  8)

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound
« Reply #787 on: July 12, 2013, 07:09:23 am »

Later we can make a dungeon full of dangers and spread the rumour that there is a big treasure by the end. The final treasure contains an highly poisonous gas (Deathrot vapor maybe?)

That would increase our evil, and we would get loot of everyone who dies there, but we would have to renew the traps every so often.
"They say love is the most powerful force in the universe. I'm trying to harness it to make weapons of mass destruction."

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #788 on: July 12, 2013, 07:21:00 am »

Aren't we busy saving the world?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #789 on: July 12, 2013, 07:29:00 am »

Aren't we busy saving the world?
I prefer "maintain" or "preserve" myself, save just sounds so... Good.
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe

Fr0stByt3

• Bay Watcher
  • Co-Creator of Woven Worlds Productions!
    • View Profile
« Reply #790 on: July 12, 2013, 09:40:23 am »

We are maintaining the existence of the world for our own future gain.
Funding rebels because seriously, fuck those guys.
((They're basically the new Mongols.  I gotta say, I have a newfound respect for the Jamaican police force after playing this game.))

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #791 on: July 12, 2013, 09:51:29 am »

Hey, it's still saving the world just for a different reason than why a good person would do it.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #792 on: July 12, 2013, 12:14:33 pm »

Hey, it's still saving the world just for a different reason than why a good person would do it.
Exactly.
Sig

Kitten Snot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #793 on: July 12, 2013, 03:03:44 pm »

You go to your base in the city, and find one of your cultists just sort of faffing about. You hand him the dagger, and order him to get it to the goblin tribe. You rattle off a quick explanation why that'd be important, and the cultist understands.
"Let's just hope they don't mind a reminder of the greatest extermination of their race" the cultist quips. You sigh in exasperation, and consider going back to the appraiser for a refund, but you have better things to do. You just order your cultist to bring it to the tower, and you'll just figure out what to do when you contact them during a break in your adventure. You kick a bucket away in annoyance, ignoring the complaints of the owner of said bucket.

You go to the entrance of the town, and find Seum sleeping in a hay-bale. You give him a rude awakening and pull him out. He has a sense of humor though, and laughs it off as you depart from this town. Your grand tale of how you dealt with the ogre alongside Wander most certainly interested him, but didn't do that much. He was already under the assumption that you are a badass by your dispatching of the mages. At least it kept conversation going, seeing how there is little alongside the road. At least, until...
Two people with scarfs in front of their mouths step from behind a tree, Wander spots another guy in the tree, and subtly burns some of the supporting wood. The bandit falls out of the tree, making a fool of himself.
Something tells me these people may want something we have. That same thing tells me we shouldn't give it to them.
Inkling's roight. Gimme the coins n' maybe you won't git 'urt. The large, bald one says.
You take a look at them. The leader, namely the one who just asked you something, looks to be about 6 feet tall and has a large hammer in his hands. The other two stooges are an elf with a bow and an orc with goggles on. You can't quite tell what he's got, seeing how he just has a bunch of flasks. Your surroundings are nothing special, it's a basic road and a forestry area to your left.
What do you do?

Stats
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 18, 2013, 02:06:37 pm by Kitten Snot »
I think.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #794 on: July 12, 2013, 03:15:08 pm »

Have wander take out the elf, try and smash the orcs flasks if possible. Distract the leader and if possible nom on his throat.
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 89