Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 89

Author Topic: You are an evil entity (suggestion game)  (Read 114581 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: You are an evil entity (suggestion game)
« Reply #615 on: May 29, 2013, 04:13:59 pm »

I don't have much preference about the powers, but how about some sort of snake-person for the solid form? Perhaps just a big python with two scaley arms.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Fallatus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: May 29, 2013, 05:23:11 pm »

How about a Well dressed human with a serpentine grin, Using a Sword/Eldritch Scythe cane (or just a cane)?

ArchAIngel

• Bay Watcher
  • Infested Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: May 29, 2013, 05:29:09 pm »

How about a Well dressed human with a serpentine grin, Using a Sword/Eldritch Scythe cane (or just a cane)?
I like this, eldritch scythe, or a cane-sword. Also, extendable fingernails that can inject our poisons.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: May 29, 2013, 07:03:51 pm »

I like this, eldritch scythe, or a cane-sword. Also, extendable fingernails that can inject our poisons.
I agree with this. Not only can you still go out in public you can also assassinate someone easily if you have a poke of doom.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: May 29, 2013, 07:16:54 pm »

I agree with this. Not only can you still go out in public you can also assassinate someone easily if you have a poke of doom.

We can use hosts to go out in public and do normal stuff like running our operations.  We can also use hosts to assassinate people.

Personally I would rather have our "true" form be something very powerful and deadly.  I'd like to go with something a little more demonic and stronger than a human so if our host is ever destroyed we have a tough true form to fall back on.

I guess something demonic/undead looking, sort of humanoid-ish but much larger with big muscles and tough skin for combat.  I also like the idea of a shadowy type demon, still large and powerful but dark so it can blend in well with the night and all that stuff.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Fr0stByt3

• Bay Watcher
  • Co-Creator of Woven Worlds Productions!
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: May 29, 2013, 07:18:58 pm »

What about a Naga/Yuan Ti for our solid form? Both are snake like and have arms.
Funding rebels because seriously, fuck those guys.
((They're basically the new Mongols.  I gotta say, I have a newfound respect for the Jamaican police force after playing this game.))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: May 29, 2013, 08:02:17 pm »

What about a Naga/Yuan Ti for our solid form? Both are snake like and have arms.
I always imagine naga as being human-headed snakes at most, not those weird four-armed snake dealies. And only yuan-ti abominations are the armed snakes, the others are more human than snake.

But yeah, I like these ideas pretty well.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Fallatus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: May 29, 2013, 08:16:38 pm »

Actually, I think that it would be better to have a swift and agile form. Sure strenght is all well and good, But we aren't a warrior.
We're a deciever, A trickster, Our abillity's lies in lies, Poisoning, Corruption and deception, Not brute force or demonic appearance.
Besides, If we look mostly human we can invoke the uncanny valley effect in others aswell for that extra bit of creepyness.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: May 29, 2013, 08:20:08 pm »

And if someone killed your host and a man popped out they would probably be confused for long enough for you to get an attack in.

SharpKris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: May 29, 2013, 08:38:43 pm »

I also think we should head more in the sneaky, agile deciver look. we dont have to go too freaky about it. scaly humenoid will do. like the cane idea

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: May 29, 2013, 10:29:03 pm »

I am really opposed to anything that passes for human unless it has something really really weird about it, like maybe its body is filled with snakes and it has no back, so we can take off our robe, bend over forwards and... Surprise! But really, there should be far more random weak-willed or subservient types available for impersonating a member of the local populace than we could even hope to use. If we have a form, and we use it, then it will become known, so disguises are pretty much useless from a long-term perspective, unless we go for something with a highly malleable form...

If someone kills a human, and a human jumps out, then they may well be surprised, but they are definitely capable of killing a human. If a bloated head with thousands of tentacles constantly darting in and out of its eyes that hops around on an unnaturally elongated tongue jumps out, then it is possible that they might be surprised at that also, and it is doubtful that they have recent experience of killing such a thing...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: May 29, 2013, 11:14:54 pm »

Yep that's basically my stance on things.  Our true form should be something unique and powerful.  Human form is something we already have access to through hosts.  What purpose would yet another human form serve?
« Last Edit: May 29, 2013, 11:53:40 pm by gman8181 »
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Fallatus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: May 29, 2013, 11:52:16 pm »

Well, People don't usually expects powerfull entities to take human form now do they, What with all the egomania and narcissism and such thats ever so common with beings like us. They'd think that we would choose something thats indicative of our power and might.
Besides, Who has said that we won't look strange under our coats? Our power lies in deception after all.
So why not appear as a fairly normal looking if eccentric human being, And then when we enter battle
Our coat flings open to reveal something definetly not human, Revealing something far greater than our frame suggests we are.

How about that?

Besides, We won't always have access to a host body, So this will allow us to interact with mortals a lot easier AND humans are more likely to trust us if they can see our true face(that isn't an endless screaming abyss).
A powerfull body also ain't gonna do us jack shit if we dont have the required power to use it to it's projected strength.
We should rather appear weaker than we are instead of stronger, That way our enemies will underestimate us at first encounter rather than overestimate us.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2013, 12:12:40 am by Fallatus »

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: May 30, 2013, 12:07:46 am »

At this point I believe that it is pretty clear to anyone that knew Mongoose that Mongoose is no longer Mongoose. So mongoose can be our official Human form if we want. Or we could grab and attractive-looking beggar, hope it isn't a monarch/god/mage/god-mage-monarch in disguise, and just declare them to be us in all official engagements...

As for the immediate term, we are on bed-rest. We can tighten our defences, but that might tip our hand. Let's just get the death-rot pipe-line established and build up a stockpile inside the city before we start selling it. I should like to send some cultists to get into contact with the local farmers and try to get some of them on-side to train and assist the goblins, who should start fencing off some flat, fertile land for fields and build roads to it. Ideally the goblins will avoid slaughtering any farmsteads while doing so. I would hope that farmers have been avoiding goblin lands.
 I want to talk to the necromancer about their craft. We should know what sort of maintenance costs are involved in undead, what their capacities are, how they fail(What happens if their tolerances fail, for example, if we end up with more of them than we can maintain.), what the difference between an adept and novice necromancer is, and how easy it is to acquire new necromancers.
 I should like it if the Priestess were to tend to us, we could use a bodyguard and a priest really should have some means to help their injured god. If we get devour of course, then we can likely heal lickedy-squick regardless.
 I would also like to send a couple of cultists into town with some coin and have them evaluate the local tradesmen to see who is likely to be willing to work with us and where the good deals are. If they pose as adventurers then they should be able to purchase most of the commodities that we are interested in without appearing too suspicious.
 That seems to be spreading out forces out thin enough, perhaps sending out some goblins to scout the surrounds would be good though, it would be nice to know if there are any useful cave-systems about or if there is anyone living nearby. And try to get a run-down on goblin needs, are they carnivorous? Do they operate poorly at night? Can they work their own smithies?

P.S.
 I would still prefer something completely non-human, but a human skin hiding a writhing mass of snakes is not entirely offensive... There are also fantastic civilians, we could do the same thing with dwarves or elves or goblins or possibly even stuff like fey or well, if you really want to confuse folk, go for something else that practises possession, do they have ghosts here? What about blood golems?
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: May 30, 2013, 03:11:16 pm »

Well, People don't usually expects powerfull entities to take human form now do they, What with all the egomania and narcissism and such thats ever so common with beings like us. They'd think that we would choose something thats indicative of our power and might.
Besides, Who has said that we won't look strange under our coats? Our power lies in deception after all.
So why not appear as a fairly normal looking if eccentric human being, And then when we enter battle
Our coat flings open to reveal something definetly not human, Revealing something far greater than our frame suggests we are.

How about that?

Besides, We won't always have access to a host body, So this will allow us to interact with mortals a lot easier AND humans are more likely to trust us if they can see our true face(that isn't an endless screaming abyss).
A powerfull body also ain't gonna do us jack shit if we dont have the required power to use it to it's projected strength.
We should rather appear weaker than we are instead of stronger, That way our enemies will underestimate us at first encounter rather than overestimate us.
Very +1. Maybe something like one of the more human-looking yuan-ti subtypes?

I don't see why everyone wants to be a cliche'd horrible monstrosity. Sometimes, the most horrible and terrifying monsters...are the ones who look just like you and I, but aren't.
Sig
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 89