Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 89

Author Topic: You are an evil entity (suggestion game)  (Read 114482 times)

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
Re: You are an evil entity (suggestion game)
« Reply #150 on: February 07, 2013, 05:29:30 pm »

+1, but I reccomend we distract the cleric with our gobbos. If we take a lot of damage, breathe self, and flee for our lives! The cleric can't do anything about it, too, because he's silenced.
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: February 07, 2013, 06:27:30 pm »

Doesn't breathing self, expel us from the host?  If it does, I wouldn't want to do it except if our host is going to die anyway.  If it doesn't then good idea.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

flame99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: February 07, 2013, 07:00:27 pm »

That's what I said. If we're about to die, we breathe ourselves.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: February 07, 2013, 07:01:57 pm »

That's what I said. If we're about to die, we breathe ourselves.

Whoops sorry, really tired and not reading things right.

Totally agree

Edit:  The only addition I'd like is that while we escape, if it's convenient we should take that goblin chick with us.  She seems like a good lackey.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2013, 07:03:41 pm by gman8181 »
Sure thing peanut man!

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: February 07, 2013, 08:52:17 pm »

Pick up the barricade and charge at the party.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Kitten Snot

• Bay Watcher
  • In need of literary skill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: February 09, 2013, 01:12:36 pm »

You and your goblins jump up from behind the barricade and attack the knight. You stab the knight before he gets over his surprise. The wound goes deep.
Unfortunately, the cleric just proceeds to heal him up...or tries too. This guy is not good at healing people. Still, the knight tries to retaliate, but is met with a goblin on his arm, mashing said arm with a small mace.(goblin's roll= 19)
It clearly hurt, and you hear a bone snapping. He proceeds to drop his double-handed sword, and quickly pulls out a smaller one with his other hand.

The other goblin, meanwhile, has decided to finally do what any other smart species would do, and attacks the medic first.
The first swing of his sword misses, giving the orc time to pull out his mace.(roll= 9) the second hit connects on the orc's arm.(roll=11) It doesn't do much.
The halfling is still messing with his crossbow, while the drow tried to sneak up behind you.
Key word here is "tried".(her roll=7)
You hit her leg with the flat of your blade, it doesn't do much.

She retaliates by hitting you in the shoulder. Fortunately, you have some armor there, making her hit do little more then give you a mild cut.(her roll=13 -3 metal armor =10)
Meanwhile, the goblin the knight is dealing with is really giving him hell. He dodges his attempted hit (knight's roll= 10) and then the goblin counter-strikes by hitting him on the hand. The knight is forced to drop his weapon.
The cleric, on the other hand, is doing better. The goblin managed to get another quick hit in, but then the cleric hits him in the chest.

The goblin flies backwards, with the air knocked out of him. The goblin fighting the knight notices, but has to dodge the kick sent by the knight.(spot check=10)
You and the drow, meanwhile, parry each-others blows for a bit. nobody gets any advantage.(both your rolls= 10)
The halfling managed to drop his crossbow, in the meantime.(his roll= 4) Real smooth.

Any changes to the current battle plan you wish to make?

stats
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Spells
I make stories and sometimes people like them.
Well, they did that once.
I think.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: February 09, 2013, 01:38:51 pm »

Well, for starters, roll better.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: February 09, 2013, 02:58:51 pm »

Take one strike at the drow, trying to incapacitate or kill, then charge at the cleric and run him through. If this fails, hack at the cleric or whoever stopped us. Also, roll better.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: February 09, 2013, 03:17:57 pm »

Swing at the drow's nearest weak spot. If it kills her, wonderful. Just try to incapacitate her in any way possible. Hamstring her, decpaitate, hack an arm off...

Then finish the knight off. Then the Cleric.

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
  • Or I'll cut ya to dust.
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: February 09, 2013, 03:21:35 pm »

Swing at the drow's nearest weak spot. If it kills her, wonderful. Just try to incapacitate her in any way possible. Hamstring her, decpaitate, hack an arm off...

Then finish the knight off. Then the Cleric.

+1
Go back see if he's there and run him over, and drink his gun!

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: February 09, 2013, 08:33:42 pm »

Just kill the cleric and take the others prisoner...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: February 10, 2013, 03:12:53 pm »

Cleric before knight, definitely. Ww need to stop them healing.

Take a passing swipe at the drow and the charge the cleric.
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

Kitten Snot

• Bay Watcher
  • In need of literary skill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: February 10, 2013, 04:13:47 pm »

You attempt hit the drow in an incapacitating matter, so you put all of your strength behind the attack.(this costs you quite a lot of stamina.)
Aaaannndddd.... (roll = 17) You hit her leg, go through the bone, and almost cut it off entirely. She gives the most blood-curdling scream she can muster before fainting from blood loss.
The halfling then finally makes his first sound that isn't the sound of a crossbow being pulled back. A scream. A very loud one at that. He throws his crossbow on the floor and removes his dagger (to a half-ling, a shortsword.) from his sheath and rushes at you.

You just kick him in the face. It stuns the little bastard and leaves you with the possibility to rush at the cleric.(roll=16)
Meanwhile, the goblin fighting the knight manages to fall off his back and, apparently, breaks his arm under his own weight. The knight then proceeds to put his boot on the goblin's skull and stomps down.(goblin's roll= 1) (knight's roll= 15)
The cleric, meanwhile, gives the floored goblin he hit another hit. Whatever intact ribs the goblin had, they are gone now. The goblin remains on the ground, gurgling.

You arrive and use your momentum to get in a strike. the cleric is faster then you'd like though, and he parries it with his mace. Your blow knocks it back into his face though, and he loses his right tusk. You crash into a wall. (both rolls=4)
The half-ling has only just managed to get back up, and the knight is limping this way.
You give a good swing at the orc's arm, but he hits you better. You get knocked in the face by his mace, probably causing a skull fracture.(your roll= 16) (his roll= 20

If you weren't a strong war-leader, you'd be dead.
Might be time to get the hell out of dodge. The cleric is probably going to have issues with his spells right now though. Of course, there's no guarantee on that.

Spells

Added a bit of commentary from our character to the stats and spells.
Also, bit of a extra lesson, the Creator is the most powerful god who is capable of following many, many things at the same time. He often adds spells or items he deems to be amusing to him. Most don't expect much use out of Creator-items, but getting them means something interesting enough for him is happening with the now owner of the item.
That is enough for some factions of paladins to ransack towns to deal with heretics. The creator is touchy for them.
It amuses the creator to no end.
I make stories and sometimes people like them.
Well, they did that once.
I think.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: February 10, 2013, 04:24:41 pm »

Grab the cleric and breathe self straight down his throat.
Sure thing peanut man!

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
  • Or I'll cut ya to dust.
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: February 10, 2013, 04:32:12 pm »

Grab the cleric and breathe self straight down his throat.

Yes yes.
Go back see if he's there and run him over, and drink his gun!
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 89