Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 89

Author Topic: You are an evil entity (suggestion game)  (Read 114584 times)

Kitten Snot

• Bay Watcher
  • In need of literary skill.
    • View Profile
Re: You are an evil entity (suggestion game)
« Reply #765 on: July 06, 2013, 12:06:37 pm »

The werewolf is a standard lycanthrope, half man half wolf anthromorph. Neko's are currently under consideration of whether or not I'll have them exist in this universe. The thing is, I wanted him to be a permanent werewolf, but if he isn't human enough then he's just a big 'oll wolf, innit? And nekomimi don't seem like they'd be very dangerous or intimidating. They'd just be fluffy as heck and do that adorable little kicking motion when you scratch behind their ears.

You take Seum to your tower, after sending one of your cultists ahead so they can get ready over there. You know, clean up any Putribillus effigies and some-such. On the way there, you continue talking a bit more.
So, where are you from?
From my Father.
Oh, great. And what about your actual, physical father. Instead of your god, or whatever. Unless you meant your actual father.
I'm not stupid enough to tell you where I come from.
Am I gonna have to go on a big-ass quest to solve some daddy issues before you confide in me and gain some random ability you decided not to use until then?
Possibly.
Can't wait. I'm just from some random elf town up north. I'm human myself, though. So most likely my parents got killed by my adopted parents, not that I blame them.
Pretty laid-back of you.
I'm a laid-back guy. After all, the chosen guys do seem to be the only ones without huge family or past issues. Sometimes I wonder if the gods aren't just making problems for the sole purpose of having a guy play therapist.
Not too difficult to see where one could get such an impression. Ah! Here we are.

It's been a while since you've been to the tower, and they have been working on it. Seems that they fixed the loose stones that were visible, here and there, and the rooftop has a little shrine visible. It's empty right now, though. Most likely for your guest.
You both enter, and are met with the priestess, who has her usual steely gaze upon Seum.
Welcome, Chosen. There's a room above where you can have a talk with.... our leader.
Ok. Steel girl.
Call me that again, and I'll have your ass make an imprint on the door.
Let's just go up and talk! I have no need for unneeded hostilities.
Geez, most people feel a compliment in being called steel, but fine.
Don't call me "girl".

Once upstairs, Seum tells you what exactly his mission is.
The anvil of Creation. The great anvil used by Armok to create and destroy worlds, the latter mostly when a world bores him. Now, Armok is not a proven fact, but that does not take away there is an anvil. It may be a godly instrument, but it is currently dangerous. It has been hidden from both god and man for as long as the gods existed. Recently, it has been found. The gods are not dumb enough to use it, as even they will be erased when the hammer is struck. Then, all that will be left is a new world, allowing everything to begin again, and a single anvil. Once it has been found, it will allow the creation of eleven other anvils. After that, it will crumble into dust. Or that is the tale of the first anvil as told by the dwarves. Armok himself has not been seen, but even the gods are fearful of him.
So the mission is to find the anvil, and destroy it. There will be many things in the way, but the creator told him a prophesy.
The Snake will be the first, Knife-ear next. The dwarven prince and the king of the dead. When together, your group is formed. When together, The Creation will stop.

Hm, well. Looks you you may just be part of the prophesy.
So it seems like you may the first piece of the puzzle. So what do you say? Join me and save the world?
That easy, huh?
Feh, one more is always great, and it sounds like the prophesy mentioned you. Besides, if it doesn't work out, at least you saw new places.
You give a grunt in thought.
Yes or no?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I make stories and sometimes people like them.
Well, they did that once.
I think.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: July 06, 2013, 12:12:36 pm »

Yes.

ChoiceBest ResultWorst Result
YesWe save the world and get famous, with lots of
fun misadventures. Given that the prophecy specifically
mentions us, this option is likely.
The world is destroyed.
NoThe world is saved. We're just a weird cult leader.The world is destroyed. Given that the prophecy
specifically mentions us, this option is likely.

Simple enough.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: July 06, 2013, 12:17:38 pm »

Sure, a destroyed world doesn't let evil profit.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: July 06, 2013, 12:18:39 pm »

Sure, bring some cultists with us though and either our priest or our wizard.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: July 06, 2013, 12:46:20 pm »

I say we take the priest.  I trust her less, she seems more ambitious than the wizard.  He probably won't try and do anything funny while we're gone.
Sure thing peanut man!

Kitten Snot

• Bay Watcher
  • In need of literary skill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: July 06, 2013, 03:21:44 pm »

You agree to join him on his quest.
You have joined Seum's party!
Let me just take care of some things here.
I'll be waiting at the gate of the town. I'll have guards nearby, so don't worry about any assassinations.
Your cultists need to stay here, as they form the backbone of your little economy. You can take either the priestess or the wizard with you, although the priestess does not wish to leave.

I will not travel with you on some crazy quest to chase after a fake god's plaything! This place needs to be taken care of.
And how can I trust you to not betray me in my absense?
You created this cult! Most of the cultists are loyal to you, not me! Besides, Carnifex always says that you are the leader. He'll make sure nothing will go wrong. So take the wizard, he's probably itching for to go!
Said wizard suddenly jumps in the conversation.I really am! I would LOVE to travel on this sort of thing! I can make myself an adventurer! Learn things, gain great power.... Oh man this is gonna be great!
Pipe down. Don't assume you are going to join.
Also, I can set up some sort of magic connection, so you can always ask for a status update. So another reason I should just stay here.
Other then who will come along, you need to decide what you'll take. You can only hold so much gold, and your cult could need it. You have a maximum of 1000 gold pieces, any more and you'd be the biggest, juiciest target for miles. Less gold equals less trouble, not to mention the best loot always comes from corpses.
Although one would have to wonder why the owner of legendary armor  is always dead.

Your weapons will also have to be chosen. The hammer of the avatar is too large to use practically, but it can be taken along. Maybe you'll find someone to wield it?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I make stories and sometimes people like them.
Well, they did that once.
I think.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: July 06, 2013, 03:25:27 pm »

I think we're built exactly like a rogue. Not the sneaky stab kind, the quick and mean stabbity poison stab kind.

I say double knives and a buckler to strap on our arm.

and maybe 50 gold. That's 50 feet of rope in D&D. That's a lot of rope.

And wizard. The priestess has been trustworthy so far, right? Plus I don't want our head priestess to be angry at us. SHe's competent and knows she's being watched by Put.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #773 on: July 06, 2013, 04:17:07 pm »

I agree with that, but we should establish some kind of connection before leaving, I want to keep managing the cult while we have adventures.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: July 06, 2013, 04:37:47 pm »

I think we're built exactly like a rogue. Not the sneaky stab kind, the quick and mean stabbity poison stab kind.

I say double knives and a buckler to strap on our arm.

and maybe 50 100 gold. That's 50 feet of rope in D&D. That's a lot of rope. a nice round number and should be sufficient.

And wizard. The priestess has been trustworthy so far, right? Plus I don't want our head priestess to be angry at us. SHe's competent and knows she's being watched by Put.
Sounds good.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #775 on: July 06, 2013, 05:27:56 pm »

Alright but when we leave, I want us to go up to our priestess, hug her and say we'll miss her.  Just because I think it would be funny for an evil entity to do that.
Sure thing peanut man!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #776 on: July 06, 2013, 05:35:48 pm »

Alright but when we leave, I want us to go up to our priestess, hug her and say we'll miss her.  Just because I think it would be funny for an evil entity to do that.
It sounds like it would be hilarious, and it would also make her uncomfortable. Perhaps a little Evil point, or perhaps just a little fun.
Sig

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #777 on: July 06, 2013, 05:36:00 pm »

+1 also kiss her for extra fun.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #778 on: July 06, 2013, 08:52:28 pm »

minus the kiss, I feel that it would lessen the confusion. Otherwise I agree with stuff, but we should take some poison, it might be useful and we don't want it to be obvious if we are producing our own. We should probably take some random arcane-looking junk that can be used for bluffing and misdirection and such.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound
« Reply #779 on: July 07, 2013, 04:40:59 am »

We could also take some more money and hire bodyguards to protect us. Since probably most of our cultists arent too good with weapons.
Also, we should find someone to take the hammer. Would be an great advantage.
"They say love is the most powerful force in the universe. I'm trying to harness it to make weapons of mass destruction."
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 89