Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 89

Author Topic: You are an evil entity (suggestion game)  (Read 114338 times)

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
Re: You are an evil entity (suggestion game)
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2013, 03:01:26 pm »

Whisper in the knight ear he should punch rogue for that comment.

Name: Seth?
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

racnor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2013, 03:15:23 pm »

Tell the rouge to follow up with more blasphemy.
Compromise position: Turn the mother bear, train the babies to use pyromancy and then eat Alice.
Right, the !!☼ARMCHAIR☼!!. I forgot.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2013, 09:56:12 pm »

Whisper in the knight ear he should punch rogue for that comment.
Tell the rouge to follow up with more blasphemy.
+1

Name: Seth?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2013, 01:23:03 am »

If we convince him, make it sound like the knight is taunting the rogue.

If we don't, make it sound like the knight is insulting the rogue. To the rogue. And make it particularly nasty.

EDIT: You know what, maybe we should make it sound like the rogue is taunting the knight something fierce instead. The knight's already pissed.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2013, 01:42:31 am »

If we don't, make it sound like the knight is insulting the rogue. To the rogue. And make it particularly nasty.

EDIT: You know what, maybe we should make it sound like the rogue is taunting the knight something fierce instead. The knight's already pissed.
+1. It also may or may not be a good idea to possess the preist at some point due to holy items and party healing.
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

Fishybang

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2013, 02:47:45 am »

This.
Quote from: AustralianWinter
Rakust finished her design - a skirt called "Clambreaks". I am not touching the woman, ever. And I'm not talking to her either.

Kitten Snot

• Bay Watcher
  • In need of literary skill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2013, 11:24:37 am »

You get to influencing things. It's difficult to get your voice across due to the distance, despite your awesome voice. (roll 8 +1 voice= 9)
This simply means you aren't heard though, no real damage done. You try again and this time, you manage to get it across. ( roll= 19 + 1 for voice -1 for extra distance)
Imitating the rogue's voice was easy, and the knight is easily fooled. (Your roll= 17 + 1 voice = 18) (His roll= 3 -1???= 2)
All that yapping about the gods, but why aren't you a damned paladin yet? Having doubts beneath it all?

The knight stops in his tracks, walks over to the Drow and slaps her in the face.
You damned wench! You will not insult me like that!
... OUCH?! I make a single remark about your fucking heavenly vegetables, and you slap me with a metal gauntlet for it?!
A single remark?! You just insulted me personally! I should have never taken along someone of your race of heretics! (smarts check= 7- 2 enraged=5)
The rogue is is clearly insulted by that (smarts check=16 - 3 heavy-hitting remark= 13), and reaches for her dagger. Before everything gets out of hand though, the orc cleric grabs the rogue's arm, and pulls it away from the knife.
He's a bit more blunt against the knight though, whom he hits in the belly with his holy mace (you feel annoyed by it's mere presence.)

Now both of you calm down! Ser Couthwall! It was only a single remark! You proceeded to slap her and insult her entire race! The rogue looks very pleased with herself until the orc turns to her with his anger.
Na'saani! You shouldn't be making these cracks at him in the first place! So both of you! Snap out of it and no more remarks about what happened to her race He points at the drow And absolutely none about the gods! Prophet's mercy!
Both of the squabbling parties fall silent and seem embarrassed. The drow blushes and the knight looks downwards.

They both apologize to each-other, and the party moves on to the chest in the middle of the room.
Right, I'll get this open no problem. Let me check for traps first. The drow finds nothing.
Now the lock... a click sound is heard and the chest opens. (roll= 2 -1 easy find)
The rogue gets a flame geyser to the face. Together with the grease on her, this turns into a problem in a very short amount of time.
She completely catches flame but the rest of the party gets over their shock pretty fast. (knight willpower check =17 + 2 knight training=19) (cleric= 14 + 1 religious will) (Halfling= 14)

The drow of course, panicks. (roll: 13 - 10 currently ON FIRE = 3) She flails about for a bit, but the knight grabs her so the cleric can perform Lay On Hands.
This keeps her alive a bit longer and alleviates her pain, she falls to the ground to start rolling to get it out, but the oil makes that almost impossible.
The halfling then empties his water ration on her. That helps a lot. He also starts beating the fire with his cloak.
It finally goes out. The drow remains on the ground, shivering from fear.

The remaining party helps her up with some difficulty. She is completely covered in burns. (You are wishing pain was one of the things you can feed on.)
Right, I can fix you. But... You're going to have to strip down if you don't want your clothes fused to your skin.
He turns to the rest of the party and orders them to turn around. The knight instantly complies, the half-ling does so at a slower rate.
Don't worry, Doctor-patient confidentiality. Please just undress now.
The drow wordlessly complies. She definitely has a well-shaped body. Lucky you don't really fall for mortals yet.
The halfling is a bit annoyed that he can't look, but he's nice enough not to turn around.
Just a reminder, you feed off of all the seven sins and general evil.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Evil bar: /...\...........................................\

It's a well-known fact that every knight is someone who wants to be a paladin. Those people are only as polite and kind as their patience allows.
I make stories and sometimes people like them.
Well, they did that once.
I think.

Donuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Madman
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 19, 2013, 11:27:40 am »

I shall give this thread the glorious PTW!!!
"Oh shit, they've got a slogan! It means they're serious!"

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 19, 2013, 11:56:26 am »

Sound as his conscience. Tell the halfling to turn around. Persuade him. He knows he wants to, what's a little peek going to hurt?

After we convince him, convince the Drow to look in the Halfling's direction. He didn't seem like he wanted to turn around - maybe he's looking right now.

Man, I love being the voice of "reason".

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 19, 2013, 12:39:18 pm »

Sound as his conscience. Tell the halfling to turn around. Persuade him. He knows he wants to, what's a little peek going to hurt?

After we convince him, convince the Drow to look in the Halfling's direction. He didn't seem like he wanted to turn around - maybe he's looking right now.

Man, I love being the voice of "reason".
+1, but lay off on the Drow. Holy symbols are bad for us.
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 19, 2013, 01:20:22 pm »

True enough - and the Cleric may hear us. Unless our voice can be unheard by everyone else, from our target. And if we can say it while being around the halfling, then we should be fine.

Kitten Snot

• Bay Watcher
  • In need of literary skill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 19, 2013, 02:38:54 pm »

I think I'll make this post the place for extra information, when needed.

Different spells seen throughout this game.
Fireball Throws a small ball of magic fire. The actual ball itself does not harm the caster, and does not require fuel or air.
Resurrect small creature Allows a small animal such as a rat to be resurrected from death. Rot is not slowed, and skeletons wil still function.
Hold person After a few seconds, causes a complete paralyze. This is commonly taught to guards to make arrests easier.
Heal minor wounds Heals the target from a small distance, but it really means it when It says minor.
Lay On Hands Heals the target you touch. Does acidic damage to demons and undead.
Hoyl shout: Banishes nearby summoned units. Stops demonic mind-control, gives bonuses to nearby allies.
Mind's Whisper Whisper a suggestion in someone's mind. Holy wards make these audible. Trained beings such as paladins realize the whispers and will act accordingly.
Poisonous vapour You are able of turning into vaperous poison, lowering the speed of everything from weapon swing speed to movement speed. It also makes it harder to cast spells.
Whisper Whisper something in someone's ear. Can make it sound like a shout from someone in conjunction with a magical voice. Will have glowing words.
Alignment Detection (Passive) This ability allows you to know the alignment of any creature nearby.
Possession Enters a battle with the mind of a victim. Time stands still while this happens. You take on your solid form when this happens. Because you have the unusual form of a snake in your solid form, you will gain poisonous fangs which cause the same thing as your poisonous vapors, but also adds a hp-removing effect. Dying will hurt you in the real world for half of your current HP. Upon killing the victim's mind you take control of the victim's body

All these abilities are de-activated when silenced. Green powers belong to you.

Different abilities seen throughout the game
Heroic willpower When getting a natural 20 or higher, the unit gains an attack boost and the power to ignore wounds for a while.
War cry This cry challenges any enemy to attack you. It's faintly magical, making it understandable by all languages. Of course, RAAAAARG isn't that hard to interpret.
Knight's training: The training this unit received will give plus 2 willpower.
Religious will: This unit has a fervent belief that the gods help them. As such, they have higher willpower(plus 1)

Berzerker's Rage: The orc taps into his ancestors rage for not having killing things hard enough. This gives them a damage reduction and a major strength increase.  They also lose a lot of strategy.

Bestiary (by Sir Axe-Hammer)
Gremlins: Small, round creatures that work for anything bigger then them. They clump together to form chairs for the most powerful being among their masters. For those familiar with Warhammer 40K Just imagine nurglings minus the rot part. They eat basic scraps and are useful and stupid enough for it to be considered life-stock. Their food consists of things smaller then them, but they will show the ability to eat an armored research assistant alive when a area of effect rage spell is used on a clump. Good pet for children, is considered delicacy.

Trolls: Large, scaled creatures with an appetite for research assistants. They are huge beings that equal in their hardness and stupidity. They can live for a very prolonged period of time with grievous damage to their internal organs. A troll is, in fact, capable of surviving a pierced heart for 3 hours. They heal quickly when relaxed as well.
When this being flies into a rage, the suggested course of action is to flee and throw your urine-soaked pants at them as a distraction. According to the research assistants.
Tamed trolls have occurred through-out history. The process required to do so is so hard to do without spilling innocent blood as a food source that they have never been seen on the side of good.

Ogre: A large, lanky creature, that towers up to six to seven feet tall. They tend to have thick skin, and a brain that seems to fit better with a coffee cup then a large beast like this. They are also brown or blue in color, and live solitary lives when not in mating season. There are reports of some ogres having above average human intelligence, but they are few and far between. They are not special in any way, being easy to deal with when quickwitted enough, but it is suggested to take along a friend, as they are very strong. Using some basic illusions can suffice in getting them to leave you alone. My research assistants also suggest not to enter their "tree-house" As they defecate in the same place they sleep and eat. The smell is enough to make the weak-willed faint. Certain ogres are also resistant to magic spells, and most have a heavy attachment to anything shiny. This object can be used as a hostage.

Night Troll:
A night creature is a complex and highly dangerous foe, but most pale in comparison to the night troll. They are such a varied species that the only consistent thing about them is their desire to turn others into night trolls, though that would be an understatement. Victims of this transformation are referred to as thralls, as they tend to be obedient to a fault and resemble more of a mix between their former species and night troll traits. They are often quite hardy and strong, but one thing that is always there and must never, ever be forgotten about is that they are fiendishly intelligent. be very careful when dealing with these monstrosities, and have somebody to watch your back.
Also tastes great with fish.

Butcher:
A huge rotting demon belonging to god of sin and rot, these former people are twisted into a form that tears, devours and murders anything it it's path. Even The author is not willing to look at these rare creatures. If you see one, run. Just keep running.
With luck, they lack the ability to drag you back. If you survive, pray to whatever gods favor you.

A comprehensive look at the fauna belonging to this world.( by Carl Loquaciousness)

Deathrot: A rather nasty plant, owing it's creation to very bitter sorcerer. When gathered in large quantities they come to life and strange and scratch with their thick, thorned vines. When this plant rots, it also gives off one of the most capable poisons in the realm, paralyzing people in an instant, and killing them a few minutes later.
While there is an antidote available, the rarity of the poison due to the long rot time on even a basic leaf causes the antidote to be rare as well.
However, when cultivated in careful quantities it can create the most heavenly of recipes. It's taste is described as a sirens song turned to taste, and it gives you strength like a strong swig of Kriloff-whiskey. Eating it daily also gives you a resistance against the poison, but eating it for 5 days will....
The editors do not allow me to say what, for fear of a lawsuit.

Sentient creatures will not be shown here. Being a bit more vague on those races is my plan.

If i missed anything just tell me.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2013, 02:18:50 pm by Kitten Snot »
I make stories and sometimes people like them.
Well, they did that once.
I think.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 19, 2013, 02:55:09 pm »

There aren't any wards in effect that I'm aware of, and it sounds like this group is a bunch of fresh meat so the cleric is likely only trained in healing.

I say continue after making damn well sure the cleric can't hear us.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 19, 2013, 02:57:06 pm »

No wards(unless the mace count as one)so let go ahead.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 19, 2013, 11:38:45 pm »

Let's tempt the halfling towards lust...
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 89