Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 89

Author Topic: You are an evil entity (suggestion game)  (Read 114394 times)

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
Re: You are an evil entity (suggestion game)
« Reply #1020 on: September 30, 2013, 07:24:57 pm »

Just stay behind our cultists. Let the guards do the heavy lifting of course and we'll mop up what ever is left over.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1021 on: September 30, 2013, 09:03:42 pm »

We have already won this battle, so let's enjoy the carnage.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1022 on: September 30, 2013, 09:45:35 pm »

Yes stay back behind the main force and maybe throw a firebomb or two.
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

Kitten Snot

• Bay Watcher
  • In need of literary skill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1023 on: October 03, 2013, 02:05:54 pm »

You follow the main group and watch the carnage. There is very little in the ways of defence left. Mostly golems. The farther you go, however the more worrying it becomes.
Flesh golems are the first sign they became desperate. They started losing creativity the deeper you went. After a while the floors were covered in blood, some ghosts wailed, yadda yadda.
When the walls actually became flesh and most people started getting worried. When that flesh started MOVING you know something REALLY bad was going down.
Then you come to the great gates below. Made of flesh, bone and teeth. It's breathing. Some soldiers are feeling light-headed, and your cultists pray to Put. The assassins just leave.

When the gate is broken, and teeth and soldiers burst into the large chamber you see what they are doing. You scream in horror.
They are opening a gateway to hell. This plain cannot handle this. It it not meant to be. THey HqVee T-TO ST0ppp.
You hold your head in pain, and pray to Carnifex to save you. The portal is doing things to your LiEs. Your defiler won't help.
You fall to your knees, in fear obedience. It won't leave your head. It's beautiful.stopstopstopstopstop.
Nothing will help. You are ours.

Suddenly, a loud yell burns you, but clears your mind. The large man who is in command just did a Holy shout (codex updated)
You get back up, shaken by the experience. Looking around you, you see two tattered cloaks with scythes.
Opening hell pissed off the god of death. The thing is, how would you even try to close it? There are many wizards around it, but most feel... empty? Basically, they are just husks. In the back of it all, there's a screaming man on which the portal is opening. It'll slowly white away his soul.
What do you do?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 03, 2013, 02:16:14 pm by Kitten Snot »
I make stories and sometimes people like them.
Well, they did that once.
I think.

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1024 on: October 03, 2013, 03:32:37 pm »

Fire rot missiles at the portal guy?

Could try possessing the husk-wizards or portal guy and turning it into a Butcher. Could even try the commander, but he might be a tad strong. (if so I opt out of turning him into a Butcher, his skills are probably more useful).
Call Put and ask him to help out in some way? Hopefully there are some Put demons he could send whilst a portal to hell is open or something, I admit I'm grasping at straws with the last one.

Also, not really useful but meh hindsight never killed anyone. Since the wizards are already husks and not likely to cast any spells it doesn't matter but, couldn't we have  possessed someone then used Breathe self to silence them? (Should still have it IIRC, once we have a body of course.)
I remember there being a bestiary or something but couldn't find it, should I look again or did I remember wrong?

Edit:If people turn in fear we could posses and turn one or two of them into a Butcher or whatever to help us out.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2013, 04:27:13 pm by Cain12 »

Eotyrannus

• Bay Watcher
  • Here to throw dinosaurs at people
    • View Profile
« Reply #1025 on: October 03, 2013, 04:00:55 pm »

Act big and defiant, to keep the morale of the others up. We need to keep a front of order. Ask the large man to relay the plan of action to us, and we'll do everything in our power to do it. Make sure that killing the guy won't cause some sort of horrible backlash of doom.

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1026 on: October 03, 2013, 05:06:24 pm »

Act big and defiant, to keep the morale of the others up. We need to keep a front of order. Ask the large man to relay the plan of action to us, and we'll do everything in our power to do it. Make sure that killing the guy won't cause some sort of horrible backlash of doom.
+1.
Well for keeping morale up, how about a boon from Put for our guys? An illusion could work til they figure it out, could ask Put to help or at least a gesture that shows he is with us in spirit, or we could posses and turn one or two into a something more powerful.
Will just put this here since I'm posting anyway, am I posting too much?
If our necromancer is with us well, he can open portals so he must know how to close them. So ask him about the possible backlash of doom? Might be untrustworthy since he is well, senile, so ask the commander first.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1027 on: October 03, 2013, 06:06:48 pm »

How about if we just kill the guy opening the portal?

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1028 on: October 03, 2013, 07:13:46 pm »

It's already happening, there's likely little we can do to stop it.

Take a husk and make a butcher. Repeat. We're gonna need big baddies, and lots of them to fight the bigger baddies about to pop out.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1029 on: October 03, 2013, 07:54:31 pm »

Destroy the soul before hell can have it.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Again_Dejavu

• Bay Watcher
  • F5, F5, F5...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1030 on: October 04, 2013, 06:24:55 am »

Warn anyone still sentient, teamwork is important.
Also, if the portal corrupts it might make us good
The reports of my death are greatly exaggerated.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1031 on: October 04, 2013, 07:54:58 pm »

More likely to turn us into a slave...

But this is not a complicated equation. This ritual is draining a soul in order to generate an effect. We destroy souls, destroy the power supply, and the ritual fails...
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Read the First Post!

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1032 on: October 05, 2013, 10:54:20 am »

Also, if the portal corrupts it might make us good
More likely it just messes us up some, corruption doesn't equal alignment swap.

But this is not a complicated equation. This ritual is draining a soul in order to generate an effect. We destroy souls, destroy the power supply, and the ritual fails...
Or it decides to munch on us instead/as well. We dont know how this ritual is done, what defenses it has, if it would try using us once the victims soul is gone, if it has a backup, if it would make us it's backup once we enter, ect. All we know is that it is eating this guys soul, is having a weird effect on us, and we are clearly meant to try something before a big ass demon comes through.

Plus what if we have to fight/destroy whatever is munching on his soul? Could our small snake form beat/destroy/elude/avoid it and destroy the soul? It could work, in fact it probably will, still think we should get more info on other ways from our allies.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1033 on: October 05, 2013, 06:45:56 pm »

I do not think that something coming through is the primary concern, the existence of the portal itself seems to be sufficient to damage the local medium... But agreed on the potential risk of becoming the subject of the ritual if we go to the current subject's soul place. But the current subject should be exceedingly vulnerable, so a quick hit and run should be plausible...
Read the First Post!

Travisplo

• Bay Watcher
  • Lich with Bumps of grandeur! The Necromonsieur!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1034 on: October 05, 2013, 08:30:08 pm »

I do not think that something coming through is the primary concern, the existence of the portal itself seems to be sufficient to damage the local medium... But agreed on the potential risk of becoming the subject of the ritual if we go to the current subject's soul place. But the current subject should be exceedingly vulnerable, so a quick hit and run should be plausible...
Or a rot missile.
Heh, I posted that as a joke. Then again, this is Bay12 and this plan is crazy enough to work...
Bump all day, bump all night, yeah this thread needs a bump alright!
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 89