Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Drinking Games!  (Read 2585 times)

MorleyDev

• Bay Watcher
  • "It is not enough for it to just work."
    • View Profile
    • MorleyDev
Drinking Games!
« on: January 17, 2013, 01:47:17 pm »

Now, as Dwarf Fortress players we all know that only one true drinking game exists, and it's called "life". But, not to encourage alcohol abuse, let's share all the ways we know to commit alcohol abuse!

My game: Say Anything!

No, it's not "Say Anything and Drink" (although that's also a good game), it's: Each person takes it in turns to be a "judge". The judge asks a question, and everyone else comes up an answer. The Judge then picks, but doesn't announce, what they think is the best answer. Questions can be things like "Worst thing to say in a job interview", "Best Movie from the 80s" or...well, you use your imagination.

Then the non-judges bets two fingers/shots between answers (two on one answer, or one on two answers) that don't need to be their own, and if that answer isn't the one the judge picked they have to down that many fingers/shots.

Repeat until everybody wasted.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
Re: Drinking Games!
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2013, 03:40:13 pm »

Are drinking games common in America? I've never heard of them being used outside of the interwebs and Drunk Fortress.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2013, 03:41:19 pm »

Binge drinking: anytime you take a shot, take a shot.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2013, 03:44:51 pm »

I actually perfer Outdrink.  You bring your own money, a group of friends to a bar or if you're smart/cheap stay home and buy bottles.  Each round, a differemt player picks a drink.  Everyone drinks.  Continue until you pass out, puke, or are disqualify in some other way.  Losers pay for drinks, and reimberse the winner(s).

But beer pong, Kings, Never have I ever, or flip-cup are standard drinking games in college, and thus my life.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2013, 03:48:55 pm »

Only time I really play drinking games is things like State of the Union addresses. Yes, I'm weird like that.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

MorleyDev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • MorleyDev
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2013, 04:28:42 pm »

Are drinking games common in America? I've never heard of them being used outside of the interwebs and Drunk Fortress.

No idea about America, but they are very common amongst 18 to 20 somethings in the UK at house parties and pre-drinks before nights on the town *points to self as a 18 to 20-something in the UK to use as an example*. A lot of colloquial ones actually develop and spread, especially as people go to university and bring them back to their friends from home over Christmas. So I was curious if people on bay12 had any good ones they've found :P

You know, for science.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2013, 04:30:14 pm by MorleyDev »

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2013, 04:36:18 pm »

pisskop has named most of the common ones in the sates, anyway.

I find drinking games tend to slow my rate of drinking down far enough that I barely manage tipsy, so don't really play them. I think my liver works on overdrive or something, which is good hangovers (I don't get them) but probably not great for the liver. :P

darkrider2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2013, 04:38:03 pm »

Django Unchained Drinking Game: Every time someone says the N-word, take a number of shots proportional to the length of his beard.

Of course, that is unless you want to actually remember the movie.

ed boy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2013, 07:01:22 pm »

My drinking games normally take place when watching a movie, so they tend to be movie-specific. There are a couple general ones: for example, any time you notice a female character's cleavage or a male character's crotch-bulge, take a drink.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2013, 07:33:11 pm »

Kings is pretty fun. You need a lot of people for some rules to work, though.

My favorite is 8:Date, where you pick a person to take a drink whenever you do. Naturally this ends up with people picking so there ends up being a big chain of people that have to take drinks when one person does.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2013, 08:31:59 pm »

Dwarf Fortress.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2013, 05:25:48 am »

Drinkopoly?

Shots chess?

Internet drinking game? (this one was specifically made to get girls drunk)

Shots battleships?

Pretty much any boardgame can have the playing pieces replaced by shot glasses with booze in them. Fun times ensue :D

Also card drinking game, not as fun as most but still pretty good if you're lacking in ideas. People draw cards, you decide which ones are drinking cards (usually there are two, but it depends on the number of people playing), and also have a few jokers if you want to (they can switch around who drinks).
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2013, 07:16:00 am »

No idea about America, but they are very common amongst 18 to 20 somethings in the UK at house parties and pre-drinks before nights on the town *points to self as a 18 to 20-something in the UK to use as an example*. A lot of colloquial ones actually develop and spread, especially as people go to university and bring them back to their friends from home over Christmas. So I was curious if people on bay12 had any good ones they've found :P

You know, for science.

Ah yes, Britain's great binge drinking culture. Everyone around here tends to just get a couple bottles of spirits and talk into the night while drinking at a good pace. Sad that it's so culturally acceptable to go out and drink yourself comatose and vomiting each week, though.

MorleyDev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • MorleyDev
« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2013, 12:02:35 pm »

Every week or fortnight-ish, usually. Once a month at least. The folks who cause trouble and drink themselves into a hospital are very much a minority. The rest of us just enjoy ourselves and have a good time with friends workout incident.

Besides I don't get relaxed by alcohol, I get buzzed. I wanna dance and laugh and so whilst parties and clubbing allow for that, a quiet drink with friends doesn't.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2013, 12:10:51 pm by MorleyDev »

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2013, 12:10:07 pm »

My drinking games normally take place when watching a movie, so they tend to be movie-specific. There are a couple general ones: for example, any time you notice a female character's cleavage or a male character's crotch-bulge, take a drink.
I'm guess y'all never watched any of the Conan movies, or there would have been mass fatalities.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.
Pages: [1] 2 3