Poll

Who's excited for Warrens' return?

me
- 8 (16%)
me
- 2 (4%)
me
- 5 (10%)
help i'm trapped in a poll i don't know why i'm here i'm so scared someone please help
- 29 (58%)
me
- 6 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Pages: 1 ... 1517 1518 [1519] 1520 1521 ... 1544

Author Topic: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome ???  (Read 3900478 times)

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: groans of increasing discomfort
« Reply #22770 on: June 21, 2016, 08:55:51 am »

the message is going to be "yo riltia is going to betray you", isn't it :(
To be fair, we already knew that.
which is why it would be disappointing if that was the coded message

RoaryStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Skilled Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #22771 on: June 21, 2016, 12:51:43 pm »

technically the 'solution' could mean the way to decode it and not the message

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22772 on: June 21, 2016, 04:38:45 pm »

technically the 'solution' could mean the way to decode it and not the message

edit: oh, the solution is going to be disappointing, not the reward

Also, I'm not sure how that relates to my post, or the post I quoted.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22773 on: June 21, 2016, 05:54:39 pm »

I think the message is that FFS is too busy having me scream into a microphone to warrens.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22774 on: June 21, 2016, 05:57:09 pm »

I think the message is that FFS is too busy having me scream into a microphone to warrens.
way to ruin the mystery :(

i was promised a "mysterious unpaid voice actor", and now that promise is broken

edit: that was not actually the exact phrasing

new release schedule adapted for monkmode

« Last Edit: June 21, 2016, 06:00:32 pm by Elephant Parade »

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22775 on: June 21, 2016, 06:30:17 pm »

Well its not sanic or warrens and I was not told that this is a secret. As far as I know FFS simply didn't post what he's working on to here, if he ever intends to.

Many apologies if in error.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22776 on: June 21, 2016, 07:00:58 pm »

Well its not sanic or warrens and I was not told that this is a secret. As far as I know FFS simply didn't post what he's working on to here, if he ever intends to.

I don't think it was actually a major secret; that teaser image is from a year ago. My last post originally had an invisible :P; I just deleted it when I added the image.

then again, I'm not ffs; maybe he'll fire you for revealing THE MOST SECRET SECRET

i can't see that happening, though

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22777 on: June 22, 2016, 04:01:15 am »

then again, I'm not ffs; maybe hell fire you for revealing THE MOST SECRET SECRET

i can't see that happening, though
It does seem rather unlikely. I would envision something more along the lines of being sent to work in the dread turnip pits for the rest of eternity...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22778 on: June 22, 2016, 01:31:39 pm »

HOLY TURNIPCARPEPHANT IT'S FFS.

Yo.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22779 on: June 22, 2016, 04:09:11 pm »

your fired

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #22780 on: June 22, 2016, 04:28:13 pm »

your fired

No! Not his fired! He needs that!

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

your fired

No! Not his fired! He needs that!
Actually, it's the workplace's fired, not his. That's why it was taken away.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

ffs no

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So basically - IronyOwl mentioned it in one of his amazing canon updates - I'm still working out in the middle of goddamn nowhere and have very little internet access. At least it's blackberry season so everything is amazing for the next 2-3 days. I've been trying to figure out a way to update Warrens stuff via my phone (very difficult), but the most complicated part of the Warrens update process is the constant Internet required - vote counts, uploading images to imgur, clicking preview 9 times and still somehow putting trollal.jpg in the Passive spoiler instead of the party, etc.

I never said it outright but TWoOtA is/was a project born of copious free time. Making a big game update took hours of constant internet access and time fiddling with Adobe Flash + other programs. The sort of sedentary college lifestyle I lead during that time let me is actually what made this game so much fun for everyone -- when a GM can fully immerse themselves in the game, it helps the players do so as well, and that's double true for a play-by-post game with a colossal archive on a popular Internet forum.

When I started TWoOtA, I was basically a kid (18). Now I'm 22 and no longer living a sedentary college lifestyle but working full time through various internships as well as my own company. I also didn't have a lot of interests or hobbies that weren't "computer-related" or dependent on computers, but a year as a sexton in the middle of the woods changed that fast. There's other things I won't mention confounding the situation even more.

It's impossible for me to even think of "dropping" TWoOtA as I've invested so much time in it, dropping all other forum game projects over the years in favor of its continuation (hence the fire irons jokes). At the same time, it's impossible to tell what the future holds for a game like this. Games in general have been slipping away from me for some time -- this is pretty normal for most people as they grow up.

Anyway, the really fun part is that y'all, the community here at Bay12, has stuck with this silly stick figure RPG for so long in different forms. We lost and gained a lot of dedicated readers and players over the years, and who knows how many had a good experience just binging the archive but never posting? It surprised me that so many were willing to catch all the way up and become regular players even as the post count ratcheted up into the thousands. So thank you, everyone, for a good time, regardless of what happens in the future.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile

GG.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.
Pages: 1 ... 1517 1518 [1519] 1520 1521 ... 1544