Poll

Who's excited for Warrens' return?

me
- 8 (16%)
me
- 2 (4%)
me
- 5 (10%)
help i'm trapped in a poll i don't know why i'm here i'm so scared someone please help
- 29 (58%)
me
- 6 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Pages: 1 ... 1505 1506 [1507] 1508 1509 ... 1544

Author Topic: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome ???  (Read 3899691 times)

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: groans of increasing discomfort
« Reply #22590 on: April 07, 2016, 06:50:11 pm »

!!!!: And you’re sure you’ll continue to beat Ciro?

????: Yes. If not, I’ll at least persuade him to give up his soul anyway. His heroism IS strong.
this definitely seems like a spoiler

edit: ??? continues to be the worst smily

It's a weird kind of red herring, in that it used to be true in the story's first draft, and is still true in a sense (canon Oric certainly seems confident about winning), but is now a cover for a much more sinister surprise later in the game. We've been through a few of these already.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22591 on: April 07, 2016, 06:57:20 pm »

I look forward to the horrible things that are sure to happen later on.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22592 on: April 07, 2016, 07:12:55 pm »

Maybe my eyes are going out of focus or something, but I could swear that the last three options in the shipping poll are identical...

Al needs to formalise that troll-face as an attack.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #22593 on: April 07, 2016, 07:44:41 pm »

Well, we made WHACK!!! out of thin air...
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

TherosPherae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22594 on: April 07, 2016, 11:50:16 pm »

Goodness gracious the ships are real.

Update Shipping Grid
Quote from: Aqizzar
Being vengeance and the night could only be improved by being the ballpunching vengeful night.
Quote from: Cthulhu
Gotham's mysteriously high mental illness rate isn't so mysterious when you find out Batman thinks subduing a guy means spiking his head into the pavement like a football.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #22595 on: April 08, 2016, 05:03:29 pm »

There's an option to disable smilies in your post under Attachments.

????

My life is changed forever. A thousand thanks I bestow upon thee.

ALSO apologies for double posting but some of you may remember we have an Armory now and it's a complete incomplete train wreck. Now that Warrens is back on I should probably start working on it again.

So if a catalogue of every physical item we've ever encountered appeals to you, you might want to check it out and tell me what's good or bad or how I should organize it or whatever, because right now it's a nightmare and there's still time to stop this madness.

Nope, too late to stop the madness, already in the Advanced Nav. At best it'll get a notation that says "no longer up to date because IronyOwl is a nerrrrrrd."

I think it's perfectly serviceable a guide as it stands (apart from being incomplete.) If you really wanted to go gung-ho on making it look tidy, a trick you could use would be using tables to organize the pictures and keep them beside their associated text, rather than the text running beneath.

Spoiler: Into this (click to show/hide)

Obviously a not-insignificant amount of work, and I certainly wouldn't worry about it for the tabs where the text all fits on one line (e.g the entire Weapons tab looks fine as-is.) Again, not necessary, I'll get plenty of use out of the Armroy if it never looks any nicer than it does right now.

Oh right, updates!

Hey Ciro, did you know that we (the voices, this thought isn't yours, etc) leave your head and go to somebody else's when you push their face on the Astral Influx? We've done it a couple times- have you noticed our absence? Because if you have than that's a way to bestow your headache on somebody else for a while, but if you can still hear us then that means you have a way to keep tabs on people not around you at the moment, so I'd like to know if that's the case. Also Al knows we exist so maybe be careful about dumping us on him, he'll know it was you.

I'm sure this won't backfire in any way.

Well, we made WHACK!!! out of thin air...

Weaponize Al's Lecher Face

Recruit Circuitrix to the party! I mean, we've got an opening for a female guardian-type character at the moment, don't we? Hopefully she doesn't betray Al the way the old guardian betrayed Ciro.

-1 to the outer-slicer-capture plan since it'd probably involve opening the door. Plus they might have woken the boss by now...
+1 to checking menus of the statue + egg (again, for timer). We might as well have everyone check for new rubrics while we're at it
And, just a thought: with the Exchange removed, what's powering the Greens? We should probably Ask Circuitrix

+1 all this. Particularly the timer- if that's measured in Updates, that's... a long time. As in, Update 0.0.0 was 560 updates ago, and that thing's got 943 to go.

That said, it's probably not, as the Skill tree listed "50" here and produced the Growth skill here, 2 updates later. If there is a direct relationship between updates and that timer, then one update is ~25, meaning we'll get that new skill in ~38 updates. Alternately, the timer could reflect a measurement of time passing that we cannot comprehend since we can only glimpse this world in snapshots, thus using items that have a timer could be our only way of keeping track of time in a way consistent with the Warrens themselves.

Anywho, as far as things to actually do, maybe we should check out the Depths as long as we're here?

WormArmy

• Bay Watcher
  • I am in fact.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22596 on: April 08, 2016, 05:10:34 pm »

Hey Ciro, did you know that we (the voices, this thought isn't yours, etc) leave your head and go to somebody else's when you push their face on the Astral Influx? We've done it a couple times- have you noticed our absence? Because if you have than that's a way to bestow your headache on somebody else for a while, but if you can still hear us then that means you have a way to keep tabs on people not around you at the moment, so I'd like to know if that's the case. Also Al knows we exist so maybe be careful about dumping us on him, he'll know it was you.

+1. Informing Ciro can only score us points.
my dream is that twoota readers build up an unnatural fear of hollow rectangles that follows them for the rest of their lives

You can't call a man a slimeball if he doesn't rat... and you can't call a slimeball a rat cuz he can't talk. But he always knows. Always.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22597 on: April 08, 2016, 05:45:34 pm »

+1. Informing Ciro can only score us points.
+1. Let's send this thought to Ciro!
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #22598 on: April 08, 2016, 06:19:26 pm »

Oh wow. Such candid responses to things we've mostly figured out but are slightly different.

Notably, he comes right out and admits the thing we've been trying to win the final Theorycraft with forever, so either we're right but for the wrong reasons, or his actual motivations are something different.

Weaponize Al's Lecher Face
Al used LEER!
It's not very effective...
Al used LEER!
Foxxy Slunt's PANTIES were lowered!

Recruit Circuitrix to the party! I mean, we've got an opening for a female guardian-type character at the moment, don't we? Hopefully she doesn't betray Al the way the old guardian betrayed Ciro.
YES except this may make staying alive harder for her.

Anywho, as far as things to actually do, maybe we should check out the Depths as long as we're here?
Statue first, but otherwise yeah, sure!

What are the depths again? The weird ???? space in our Warrens map?

Spoiler: Oh (click to show/hide)
So it's literally just "the space below outer underside." Sure!
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #22599 on: April 08, 2016, 06:49:45 pm »

Doublepost because:

Oh. Uh. This was aimed at Cherish on her own, I think, but it might still not be the absolute best place for a frontline-light party.

We should ask her what's below. Actually, we should ask her a lot of things about a lot of things, like what Angels are.

And this seems to confirm that we can upgrade skills in the skill tree somehow.
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22600 on: April 08, 2016, 07:33:33 pm »

The issue with upgrading skills, is that we do not have the means of removing a skill from an ability's menu.

Also:Reading through the updates, we can see that the skill tree can upgrade abilities; place acid and Growth into Tree
((Actually, no, we were never shown that it could upgrade abilities. In fact, we never even successfully used it before losing it.))
It's a "tough" quest...
Three wisp room

Oh, you can upgrade skills, you just can't upgrade abilities :P
« Last Edit: April 08, 2016, 07:39:43 pm by javierpwn »

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #22601 on: April 08, 2016, 08:28:24 pm »

Isn't Ciro's [Blood +5/+5] a skill? Where Whack! and Icicle Swarm are abilities?

No, wait, the Skill Tree made Icicle Swarm, right? Perhaps while most skills/abilities are soulbound, Icicle Swarm is upgradable?
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #22603 on: April 08, 2016, 08:34:28 pm »

I'm still confused. In fact now I'm probably more confused.

I mean... Skill Potions give stat points and the Skill Tree makes abilities which then contain skills? Or...?

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22604 on: April 08, 2016, 08:42:39 pm »

Blood is a class stat, not a skill.

Skills are essentially inventory items. The "class skills" (such as Trollwarks or Bloodshape) are soulbound and gained through leveling up, but skill tree skills (like summon skeletons and icicle spear) can be moved around and are made with reagents in the skill tree.

I forget what sort of skill we tried shoving into the skill tree, but a quick search should remedy that.
Pages: 1 ... 1505 1506 [1507] 1508 1509 ... 1544