Poll

Who's excited for Warrens' return?

me
- 8 (16%)
me
- 2 (4%)
me
- 5 (10%)
help i'm trapped in a poll i don't know why i'm here i'm so scared someone please help
- 29 (58%)
me
- 6 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Pages: 1 ... 1502 1503 [1504] 1505 1506 ... 1544

Author Topic: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome ???  (Read 3899955 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: groans of increasing discomfort
« Reply #22545 on: April 05, 2016, 02:02:09 pm »

Hey isn't there a hole in the bricks?  Couldn't you drill up through that and into the underbelly of whatever that thing is there.

And, uh, everybody should RESOURCES because RESOURCES.

Hey, does this sound different from everybody else?
« Last Edit: April 05, 2016, 04:55:33 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22546 on: April 05, 2016, 02:08:31 pm »

((I know you don't like us, but a cold comfort might be that we are actively rooting for and searching for routes toward your victory, even if we are a bit stupid. I myself am not exactly a saint, but I would like to believe that I haven't been detrimental. May the RNG be on your side, Ciro.))
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22547 on: April 05, 2016, 02:33:27 pm »

((SHOOT SHE CAN HEAR SHIELD PARENTHESES))

Welp.

Okay. To start with... we NEED DAT LOOT. That chest contains... something. It's big, ornate... it's just so obviously important. Downside: there's a bonus boss in the way of it.
We need to figure out a way to deal with the bonus boss.
Hey Ciro. Ever heard of "kiting"?

Ciro: dig under the bonus boss's floor space. Then dig some more... get the bonus boss to collapse into the tunnel you're digging under it. THEN RUN AWAY. The boss's minions won't have seen you, so hopefully they won't chase you, and only the boss will. The end result of this: you can get the boss to run away from its minions and lure it into a place where you can more easily fight it- the ladder.

Alternatively, you can have Al use his Dominant Voice to control the damaged Outer Slicer...
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

WormArmy

• Bay Watcher
  • I am in fact.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22548 on: April 05, 2016, 02:44:14 pm »

If only we hadn't talked back to Oric until he murderized Copy Cat. If we had her she could simply walk in and grab the treasure. Presumably.

Tell Al to stop standing on Slog. Unless you feel that's unreasonable. Do what you want. Embrace your radical freedom.
my dream is that twoota readers build up an unnatural fear of hollow rectangles that follows them for the rest of their lives

You can't call a man a slimeball if he doesn't rat... and you can't call a slimeball a rat cuz he can't talk. But he always knows. Always.

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22549 on: April 05, 2016, 02:45:59 pm »

Alternatively, you can have Al use his Dominant Voice to control the damaged Outer Slicer...
Dominant Voice uses MHP, unfortunately, so that wouldn't work.
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22550 on: April 05, 2016, 04:44:01 pm »

...I'd say that making a bonus boss chase Ciro without the rest of the party is a pretty risky idea. Liable to get her killed, anyway.

Ciro, I'll preface this by saying I'm a voice. Seems fair, if you're having trouble distinguishing between us and your own thoughts. I'll see if I can do something to fix that, actually. Not sure if it'll work, but definitely worth a shot.

A lot of us are risky, which, all things considered, is probably the reason we're dead in the first place. We do mean the best, but there's definitely a tendency to make bad decisions, and we've spent so long (seemingly) in the driver's seat that we probably have a bit of a control complex. Sorry about that, we definitely do need to learn to back off.

In that vein, I think the first thing to determine is what exactly constitutes a decent plan. Some parameters for general riskiness and practicality might help reign in some of our craziness. Beyond that, I'm really not sure. This chest too secure by half.

As a voice, be generally helpful when Ciro confuses us with her thoughts.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #22551 on: April 05, 2016, 04:57:43 pm »

I say we cut our losses (none, really), move on, and come back later. Outer Underside hasn't been known to change, and if the Under Slicer can kick our ass that badly, we shouldn't mess with its mother.
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

WormArmy

• Bay Watcher
  • I am in fact.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22552 on: April 05, 2016, 05:18:58 pm »

I say we cut our losses (none, really), move on, and come back later. Outer Underside hasn't been known to change, and if the Under Slicer can kick our ass that badly, we shouldn't mess with its mother.

+1. Let's go back to plot things.
my dream is that twoota readers build up an unnatural fear of hollow rectangles that follows them for the rest of their lives

You can't call a man a slimeball if he doesn't rat... and you can't call a slimeball a rat cuz he can't talk. But he always knows. Always.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #22553 on: April 05, 2016, 05:31:43 pm »

THAT FACE

Oh man. I didn't realize how good it'd feel to be back.

We should abandon yon quest for now, and drag our rightful badge of office back home. We don't have the shenanigans we need for this encounter, and grinding away at it's just going to waste more time.

Then we can... I have no idea what we can do. What were we doing again? Grinding for loot because our party defensive line just got eviscerated and then strangled with its own intestines? I think that's what we were doing.

So once we've hauled the statue back, we can carry our new egg around so it knows who mamma is when it hatches, while we... while we... uh...

Well first check Skill Tree. Were we crafting anything in it? We have infinite crappy reagents (did acid crafting use up the bottle?) so we should always be crafting something. Did we ever check if we could put skills in the skill tree? I think we did and could not, but that might have been skill + reagent, not skill + skill. We should check that... if we have any non-soulbound skills to put in there. Otherwise put some grass or acid or something in there so we can have some non-soulbound skills to try putting in there.

Then... arena battle? Was the arena out of combats or closed or something last time we checked? Or just... head back to a random DL and explore it if it's reset? Explore outer underside in a different direction?

WANT LOOT REMEMBER NOTHING.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #22554 on: April 05, 2016, 06:00:00 pm »

ALSO apologies for double posting but some of you may remember we have an Armory now and it's a complete incomplete train wreck. Now that Warrens is back on I should probably start working on it again.

So if a catalogue of every physical item we've ever encountered appeals to you, you might want to check it out and tell me what's good or bad or how I should organize it or whatever, because right now it's a nightmare and there's still time to stop this madness.
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22555 on: April 05, 2016, 06:43:33 pm »

Then... arena battle? Was the arena out of combats or closed or something last time we checked? Or just... head back to a random DL and explore it if it's reset? Explore outer underside in a different direction?

In theory there is still an arena somewhere on DL3, just as there is on all accessible non-Purified™ non-skyship floors.

So just DL3, then.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #22556 on: April 05, 2016, 06:56:37 pm »

Non-Purified™? I don't remember this at all.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #22557 on: April 05, 2016, 09:58:23 pm »

We should abandon yon quest for now, and drag our rightful badge of office back home. We don't have the shenanigans we need for this encounter, and grinding away at it's just going to waste more time.

Ehhhhhhhhhhhh +1.   I guess we've passed any surprise point, so might as well loot and scoot.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Cerol Lenslens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: the unkillable game, resuming soon
« Reply #22558 on: April 06, 2016, 02:49:04 am »

Imagine you're hanging with your friends when suddenly "kill your family"

"Imagine" she says...

All right then, Ciro, sounds like you're not too keen on going into Jabba's palace up there for sweet wormhole loot. I guess I can kill your family understand that, but if you leave without opening the door, I demand you summon some horn-tooting skeletons to rickroll the monsters through the door/as a decoy.

And then, I guess, we should try to bottle a wisp or something (Back to DL3? I think there's a teleport pad near here that goes there...) in an attempt to get a second illborn to fuse with our egg/some essence in the Dark Cathedral. There's an entire rules system there that we've been ignoring this whole time, guys! Let's see what it can offer us!
"I've got a plan, hear me out on this one... I want to almost murder you."
"Boy, sure wish as Queen of the entire realm I had somebody to help me out with this. Advisor, tutor, anyone who knows what the hell they're looking at really.

Alas, the life of a Queen is a lonely one. Do the things with the whatsit."

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22559 on: April 06, 2016, 06:33:39 am »

DL2's been Purified, so no wisps sadly (we might want to return there with Proxxy at some point to see what happens, though).
In any case, since the consensus is for cutting and running, I'd suggest Grabbing as many eggs as we can carry and smashing the rest so we don't have (as many) new Outer Suckers to deal with when we return. We should probably also Ask Al whether it's a dead end up there, or just see for ourselves.
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.
Pages: 1 ... 1502 1503 [1504] 1505 1506 ... 1544