Poll

Who's excited for Warrens' return?

me
- 8 (16%)
me
- 2 (4%)
me
- 5 (10%)
help i'm trapped in a poll i don't know why i'm here i'm so scared someone please help
- 29 (58%)
me
- 6 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Pages: 1 ... 1501 1502 [1503] 1504 1505 ... 1544

Author Topic: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome ???  (Read 3900458 times)

ShadowHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • God is love.
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: the unkillable game, resuming soon
« Reply #22530 on: April 03, 2016, 07:12:05 pm »

Get hyyyype! And yeah, congratulations on that there internship!

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22531 on: April 03, 2016, 07:16:36 pm »

Excited for the return of TWoOtA. It took me a minute to remember what was going on, though.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22532 on: April 03, 2016, 07:17:27 pm »

Excited for the return of TWoOtA. It took me a minute to remember what was going on, though.

The idea that anybody knows what is going on, or furthermore ever did indeed, is laughable and absurd to the extreme.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

WormArmy

• Bay Watcher
  • I am in fact.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22533 on: April 03, 2016, 08:13:42 pm »

First time I check this in a month and it's resuming tomorrow. Glorious.
my dream is that twoota readers build up an unnatural fear of hollow rectangles that follows them for the rest of their lives

You can't call a man a slimeball if he doesn't rat... and you can't call a slimeball a rat cuz he can't talk. But he always knows. Always.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #22534 on: April 03, 2016, 08:41:49 pm »

Having mastered Uprooted Turnip Style, the exile returns.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22535 on: April 03, 2016, 09:38:35 pm »

Does anyone have an image of Bill Clinton's face on a turnip? I want to make a joke about F.F.S. being an intern with a turnip political movement.-oops, I think I ruined it...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22536 on: April 04, 2016, 02:44:56 pm »

The idea that anybody knows what is going on, or furthermore ever did indeed, is laughable and absurd to the extreme.
A Gourd in the Sun: both by javierpwn
A Gourd in the Sun: he knows twootas plot better than i do
;D

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22537 on: April 04, 2016, 03:39:40 pm »

so i load up the currently-collecting-dust chatbox files and the first thing i see

i dont remember using this but its good to be back
« Last Edit: April 04, 2016, 03:41:29 pm by freeformschooler »

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22538 on: April 04, 2016, 10:38:41 pm »

Blorble.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22539 on: April 04, 2016, 11:38:47 pm »

For the duration of the internship I plan to continue TWoOtA. I haven't really been making anything digital except mini-fangames for UNDERTALE, the greatest game ever. If you want an example, my most recent work is here. (SOMEONE'S a blatant Cherish rip-off.) That will likely end for now as TWoOtA resumes. Look forward to the next update HOPEFULLY tomorrow unless something comes up.
Those mini-fangames were pretty fun. Are the adventurers cameos from the future, like the mask guy? They seemed pretty predefined.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22540 on: April 05, 2016, 09:03:23 am »

For the duration of the internship I plan to continue TWoOtA. I haven't really been making anything digital except mini-fangames for UNDERTALE, the greatest game ever. If you want an example, my most recent work is here. (SOMEONE'S a blatant Cherish rip-off.) That will likely end for now as TWoOtA resumes. Look forward to the next update HOPEFULLY tomorrow unless something comes up.
Those mini-fangames were pretty fun. Are the adventurers cameos from the future, like the mask guy? They seemed pretty predefined.

Nope, they're unrelated. And I wouldn't want to put them even as mercenaries because they're too similar to Warrens protagonists (Riltia and Cherish).

It's going to be a little while longer until the update.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2016, 09:11:08 am by freeformschooler »

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22541 on: April 05, 2016, 01:26:47 pm »

Spoiler: Count (click to show/hide)
Flip into 3d: +6
Dig loose bricks and craft a shield: +6
Wait for Al: +5
((HEY CIRO)): +5

Flip into 3d? Huh? I guess I lack the IMAGINATION POINTS to conjure a 3D flip of this room. Here's a TWoOtA panel transposed over a hat as consolatio--

((HEY CIRO))

((RILTIA WILL NEVER LOVE YOU, EXCEPT SHE ALWAYS WILL AND IT WAS ALL A BIG PLOY BY ORIC AND LICHENSTEIN TO DRAIN YOUR SOUL ENERGIES FOR THE CONTINUATION OF THE WAIFU CYCLE))

((THESE SHIELD PARENTHESES MAKE US INVICIBLE BTW))

Now you listen up right here you little shits. I have had it up to here with your brain-whispers. The only reason I'm still going along with your "SUGGESTIONS" is I can't separate them from my own thoughts and I would probably explode trying to do so. I don't know what kind of hellish adventurer purgatory you've got going on in there that you can just sit around all day thinking up bad ideas and making me blame myself when they go wrong. For example, let's take a look at some of those thoughts that DIDN'T get picked because I could tell they weren't mine and were bad and stupid:

Drill a big hole under the building

Boy I can't wait until the building collapses under me, having accomplished nothing but lowering it a little further toward the Underside proper. I don't even understand the geography of this place, where are we? We went like, 1... 2... 3 screens left from the Underside, only one of those screens was a dramatic transition that always gets skipped, headed 1 screen up, 1, 2, 3? 4? screens right from there, only they were longer screens instead of the older short ones, and some of the edges didn't quite match up so probably we skipped over some intervening space. My professional assessment is that at this point, we're in a cave-themed pocket dungeon hovering somewhere over Ecco's skyship, and inside the Louis Vutton chest is a one-way wormhole to the Searchbot Breeding Grounds.

Grab eggs, haul statue back to Mili's: +1

Actually that's a fantastic idea, I'm disappointed we're not doing it this turn. Let's make the broken Oric statue our symbol, display it proudly.

Check if Magnet Heel works on stone

(Knowledge: 6) Hey guess what the DC was for this roll? ZERO BECAUSE MAGNETS DON'T WORK THAT WAY

Do you know how this feels? Do you have any idea what my life is like? Imagine you're hanging with your friends when suddenly "kill your family" and you're like, whoa, did you guys hear that, no, guess it was just me, haha. But then you start worrying, why would you think that to yourself, so you go to your psychologist and tell them about it, and they tell you the problem is your soul's been seperated from your body and infested with the conglomerate souls of five billion bored hecklers, and this is just how it's going to be now, sorry, nothing you can do about it, and actually your psychologist is a shopkeeper, and he tells you that'll be 500 river dollars for today, sir, thank you, sir.

I don't have any problem hollowing out the space around some loose blocks. They fall to the tunnel floor with ease, so I get to work on crafting a handy shield out of them, melding them together with wads of spit. (Crafting: 4+2 Shenanigans) Wait, shit. That doesn't work. Now they're just sticky rubble, not even usable as reagents. Oh well.

Al returns from Storage with an Outer Sucker Egg in hand. At least I hope it's an Outer Sucker egg. Who knows when it'll hatch? Oh wait, I can just check the menu.

Spoiler: Active (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Passive (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 05, 2016, 06:02:14 pm by freeformschooler »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: groans of increasing discomfort
« Reply #22542 on: April 05, 2016, 01:41:50 pm »

((Jeez, we were saying that, like, months ago. I guess the spacetime you live in is just such a scrub that time moves slower over there, just like you.))

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22543 on: April 05, 2016, 01:53:56 pm »

Is it just me or does Ciro's inventory need updating?
Also, why didn't we have Al restore his SP whilst he was dropping stuff off at storage, again?
In any case, if we want to go for it now the best bet is probably to have someone (goombess fluing in from the side, again?) onock on the door to draw away the Slicers and then drill up underneath the boss and surprise attack with everyone from under there.
I'm not sure attacking would be wise, though, unless we wait for Goombess, distribute weapons more evenly, and send people back in groups with the Mage hat to restore SP. Which would make a rather anticlimactic return to activity.
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22544 on: April 05, 2016, 02:00:41 pm »

I'm not sure attacking would be wise, though, unless we wait for Goombess, distribute weapons more evenly, and send people back in groups with the Mage hat to restore SP. Which would make a rather anticlimactic return to activity.
Remember:
Pages: 1 ... 1501 1502 [1503] 1504 1505 ... 1544