Poll

Who's excited for Warrens' return?

me
- 8 (16%)
me
- 2 (4%)
me
- 5 (10%)
help i'm trapped in a poll i don't know why i'm here i'm so scared someone please help
- 29 (58%)
me
- 6 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Pages: 1 ... 1474 1475 [1476] 1477 1478 ... 1544

Author Topic: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome ???  (Read 3900734 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: You're not me.
« Reply #22125 on: December 23, 2015, 07:11:08 pm »

maybe we did kill minus but ffs erased our memory after the last game

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #22126 on: December 23, 2015, 07:18:25 pm »

Wait a tick, I've got a less faux-philosophical question. If we're the memories floating in the void, the Underworld's "Collective Memory", then why don't we remember the last cycles? Was it a different set of Essences guiding the Ciro of those cycles? If so, what happened to them?
It's worth noting that we do "remember" quite a bit, just not precise events. What goombas are, how important healing is, anything we decode from extra-current cycle material, and so on. It's likely that "the Underworld's Collective Memory" is less about being a transcript and more about being an important set of arbitrary notes.

Plus we're sapient, have drive, and so on. It probably takes some spiritual mortar to get us going in the first place, as I believe was mentioned at some point.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #22127 on: December 23, 2015, 08:08:52 pm »

Wait a tick, I've got a less faux-philosophical question. If we're the memories floating in the void, the Underworld's "Collective Memory", then why don't we remember the last cycles? Was it a different set of Essences guiding the Ciro of those cycles? If so, what happened to them?
It's worth noting that we do "remember" quite a bit, just not precise events. What goombas are, how important healing is, anything we decode from extra-current cycle material, and so on. It's likely that "the Underworld's Collective Memory" is less about being a transcript and more about being an important set of arbitrary notes.

Plus we're sapient, have drive, and so on. It probably takes some spiritual mortar to get us going in the first place, as I believe was mentioned at some point.
plus I think cathedral guy mentioned memories were a bit harder to pull from the essences without a binding.
we have the information its just hard to get to it.
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #22128 on: December 23, 2015, 08:09:20 pm »

plus I think cathedral guy mentioned memories were a bit harder to pull from the essences without a binding.
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22129 on: December 23, 2015, 08:12:50 pm »

Interesting question- how did Polydectes know about the A.M. and P.M. thing in the first place?
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #22130 on: December 23, 2015, 08:43:35 pm »

That would be interesting. Are we essences, though? I thought those were eaten.

Interesting question- how did Polydectes know about the A.M. and P.M. thing in the first place?
Hasn't he been here since forever? Well, not literally forever, I'm guessing he came from somewhere first. Doesn't look like a Seraph, Sibling, or obvious minion of either of the two... assuming there even are any proper "natives" in the first place. Plus the Warrens do pull in from multiple worlds, he could have become familiar with external timekeeping practices for no reason even if he'd never encountered any.
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22131 on: December 23, 2015, 08:48:39 pm »

Hasn't he been here since forever? Well, not literally forever, I'm guessing he came from somewhere first. Doesn't look like a Seraph, Sibling, or obvious minion of either of the two... assuming there even are any proper "natives" in the first place. Plus the Warrens do pull in from multiple worlds, he could have become familiar with external timekeeping practices for no reason even if he'd never encountered any.
Okay, he learns some external timekeeping practices- how would he know that the A.M. and P.M. system would work for identifying that Proxxy was empowered by the Influx?
~~~
And what do you all think the Catalyst does, anyway, if it doesn't shift rooms?

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #22132 on: December 23, 2015, 08:58:18 pm »

Okay, he learns some external timekeeping practices- how would he know that the A.M. and P.M. system would work for identifying that Proxxy was empowered by the Influx?
Because he'd know that nobody native or repeatedly memory-wiped/challenged to/by the Warrens would know/remember it, so if somebody who isn't a flagrant outsider does they must be drawing on soul memories. As for how he knew she wasn't an outsider, no idea.

And what do you all think the Catalyst does, anyway, if it doesn't shift rooms?
Weren't we suspecting that it swapped rooms, the things in rooms, or either/both depending on whether a certain quality or trigger or something was flipped? I think I missed the conversation where it didn't do those things.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22133 on: December 23, 2015, 09:04:16 pm »

Weren't we suspecting that it swapped rooms, the things in rooms, or either/both depending on whether a certain quality or trigger or something was flipped? I think I missed the conversation where it didn't do those things.
So why aren't we using it to access Riltia's boss room incredibly easily?

And maybe we should test the thing, switching two rooms close together on DL3 or 2(to minimize soul charge drain).

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #22134 on: December 23, 2015, 09:54:00 pm »

So why aren't we using it to access Riltia's boss room incredibly easily?

And maybe we should test the thing, switching two rooms close together on DL3 or 2(to minimize soul charge drain).
Now this is sounding more familiar. Was it FFS that said we didn't think the Catalyst actually swapped rooms in an update?

But yes, we should probably test the thing. Once we actually end up back on a proper DL instead of a side nook in a side passage on a side level.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22135 on: December 23, 2015, 10:30:50 pm »

Yes. Indeed.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #22136 on: December 24, 2015, 12:15:43 am »

We aren't using it to get to Riltia because we need to visit it first (for now??), and because we'd be made into a fine mist if she decides to attack us
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome
« Reply #22137 on: December 24, 2015, 12:33:46 am »

We aren't using it to get to Riltia because we need to visit it first (for now??), and because we'd be made into a fine mist if she decides to attack us
We could sell everything we own to Oric for cold hard cash, get Ciro a whole bunch of stat ups, wear the magi cap, bloodshape the sniper and dump all the stat-ups into magic, and oneshot Riltia in a blaze of laser fire reminiscent of Auntie vs. the Riltia-bot. But I mean rescuing her is the best thing to do right?

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22138 on: December 24, 2015, 12:51:58 am »

Joey Tiltioli: have you ever been called out by some nerd
Joey Tiltioli: for not respecting the lore or something
Joey Tiltioli: like
Joey Tiltioli: if you write somethign one post
Joey Tiltioli: and contradict it
Joey Tiltioli: laster
Joey Tiltioli: casue it was such a shitty little detail no one but this fanbase could notice it
A Gourd in the Sun: i think theres been a couple times
A Gourd in the Sun: both by javierpwn
A Gourd in the Sun: he knows twootas plot better than i do
Joey Tiltioli: call him a nerd

We could sell everything we own to Oric for cold hard cash, get Ciro a whole bunch of stat ups, wear the magi cap, bloodshape the sniper and dump all the stat-ups into magic, and oneshot Riltia in a blaze of laser fire reminiscent of Auntie vs. the Riltia-bot. But I mean rescuing her is the best thing to do right?

nerd

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22139 on: December 24, 2015, 04:04:20 am »

"
nerd
"

P.S.
 I put it in quotes. Broadcast the words of their creator to the assembled party.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!
Pages: 1 ... 1474 1475 [1476] 1477 1478 ... 1544