Poll

Who's excited for Warrens' return?

me
- 8 (16%)
me
- 2 (4%)
me
- 5 (10%)
help i'm trapped in a poll i don't know why i'm here i'm so scared someone please help
- 29 (58%)
me
- 6 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Pages: 1 ... 1468 1469 [1470] 1471 1472 ... 1544

Author Topic: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome ???  (Read 3900751 times)

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome
« Reply #22035 on: November 27, 2015, 12:18:00 am »

I fail to see how a single opponent who can deflect 'warks is making them sane, unless that opponent randomly appears mid-battle for the rest of the campaign...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22036 on: November 27, 2015, 12:27:29 am »

Phase 1: Test the Asynchrony Catalyst. We never did figure out what that thing does, and if it switches the locations of rooms like I think it does, we can proceed to Phase 2...
Phase 2: Determine if the Asynchrony Catalyst can use its ability to rooms we've never been in(possibly not, but it's worth trying...).
Phase 3: if we pass Phase 2, go to a room in DL2, use Proxxy's tracker to determine Riltia's room coordinates, then switch the room locations of Riltia's room coordinates and the room next to our room.
Phase 4: Enter Riltia's boss room several years ahead of meta Warrens schedule, then use an alternative battle form to defeat Riltia and preferably win her back(I recommend Tactical Diplomacy with Groove Battle as a backup).
She can use the Asynchrony Catalyst on rooms she hasn't been in, theoretically of course, but it probably comes with the awful drawback of excessive Soul Charge use; and having Cherish die from Anemia or turn into a Willborn(and then being slain) would not be the best thing to happen to her.
Plus, Riltia RIGHT NOW, with zero hidden skills, is fully capable of wrecking the entire party. Her spear does absurd damage, Locking Glass lets her take troublesome party members out of the fight and Shardstorm makes Trollwarks literally negative use. All this while being really tanky. Honestly, we've gotta obtain additional sweet loot and get more then a little stronger before we have any hope of challenging Riltia. Plus there's Hexaguard to deal with. We saw what that did to Ecco's robot. We don't want Proxxy's EVEN MOAR ZAP getting reflected back at us on top of everything else.
We could just make Ciro kill Al and Cherish before the battle starts, equip the Sword necklace thing, Second Shift the Astral Influx, Tactical Combat, and Combinatorial her until she dies within the next few turns from 9 damage sword swings that have a chance to double. We could sell everything we own to Oric for cold hard cash, get Ciro a whole bunch of stat ups, wear the magi cap, bloodshape the sniper and dump all the stat-ups into magic, and oneshot Riltia in a blaze of laser fire reminiscent of Auntie vs. the Riltia-bot. But I mean rescuing her is the best thing to do right?

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #22037 on: November 27, 2015, 12:31:38 am »

I fail to see how a single opponent who can deflect 'warks is making them sane, unless that opponent randomly appears mid-battle for the rest of the campaign...
It doesn't, but it makes it one HELL of a lot less powerful since we don't know when we'll be running into her next, and having it on while she's around is actively detrimental.
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22038 on: November 27, 2015, 12:51:45 am »

I feel warm and fuzzy inside.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22039 on: November 27, 2015, 03:02:32 pm »

She can use the Asynchrony Catalyst on rooms she hasn't been in, theoretically of course, but it probably comes with the awful drawback of excessive Soul Charge use; and having Cherish die from Anemia or turn into a Willborn(and then being slain) would not be the best thing to happen to her.
http://i.imgur.com/ggDPN6H.png

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I cannot remember this having changed since this was added to the library. Specifically the Visit Rec = True, which almost certainly means Cherish cannot use the star on rooms she hasn't visited.

Oh, and I've just thought that Al is likely the one set to be the next King (we never did figure that out, did we?) since Oric evidently considers him the greatest threat out of our party. Or, at least, Oric probably thinks he's set to be the next King. (Or the Exchange is the Ultimate Weapon, possibly?)

In any case, concrete goals. Do we keep raiding the Underhive even though our best fighter done run off?
I'd say carry on this sidetrip into the Hive, or at least get the statue out/looted before we get swarmed (and maybe using Dominant Voice on an Outer Sucker just to see it in action). After that I'm torn between heading back to DL4 & taking Proxxy home to DL2 & seeing what happens.
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22040 on: November 27, 2015, 03:18:51 pm »

http://i.imgur.com/ggDPN6H.png

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I cannot remember this having changed since this was added to the library. Specifically the Visit Rec = True, which almost certainly means Cherish cannot use the star on rooms she hasn't visited.
I said theoretically. Theoretically, if it has an option for TRUE, it must contain an option for FALSE. Whether or not we have the capability to actually change something as of now, is entirely not plausible. But theoretically, if we had access to whatever ???? had when they tampered with Riltia's soul star, we could tamper with Cherish'.

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: The Time Demon... dies ಠ_ಠ
« Reply #22041 on: November 27, 2015, 03:20:57 pm »

guys. I think I know how we can get bindings.
we go fishing.

It is quite obviously a dance floor.

Dance
Get down tonight!

+1 EVERYBODY DANCE

"computer, run a diagnostic on the safety protocols"

Because, somehow, that room just screams "holodeck".

Yeah it does. +1

You are inside the boundless void between Dungeon Levels. It's a lot brighter here than you expected. Do you want to do anything else or return and forget about this?

remember this. In this vision we were inside the void. and there are bindings there. we also know thanks to confirmed theroycrafting that the lights in the void are souls being ripped away from there rightful owners, and separated into parts.  we have seen plenty of places where we can see into the void because of holes in the floor.   

why don't we get a looooong rope. (bloodshape if we have to.) and put a hook on it. then we essentially fish for bindings.

or we could blood shape a ladder. maybe we should try both.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2015, 08:09:38 pm by endlessblaze »
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22042 on: November 29, 2015, 02:39:03 pm »

I am about to add a new wiki page. I have never done this before so in a little while someone come check "spirt trap"

-edit

well crap. I realized I spelled that wrong and now i cant change the page name? any one available to help me out here?

i have never edited a wiki before and the graphical editor is not showing up.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2015, 03:31:15 pm by endlessblaze »

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22043 on: November 29, 2015, 03:52:11 pm »

fixed it for ya. You just gotta click Edit > Rename
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22044 on: November 29, 2015, 03:59:01 pm »

thanks.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #22045 on: November 29, 2015, 05:32:35 pm »

I went through and made some minor revisions; overall, good content, though.
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22046 on: November 29, 2015, 05:42:28 pm »

thanks. much better then mine.
im going to go see if we have a page for dl3

edit-

we have a dungeon levels page, good enough.
im going to do some linking.

edit- well crap. what's the markup for links again? im pretty sure its not the same as html because that's not working ((granted its been a year or so since I used html))
« Last Edit: November 29, 2015, 06:04:42 pm by endlessblaze »

EpochFlame

• Bay Watcher
  • [INACTIVE]
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: fishing is fun
« Reply #22047 on: December 01, 2015, 07:36:23 pm »

guys. I think I know how we can get bindings.
we go fishing.

we should do this

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolf Acolyte of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #22048 on: December 06, 2015, 11:34:12 pm »

Rilitia... betrayed us. Like FFS has been heavily hinting and even blatantly pointing out.

Knowing this, whoever told us to kill her at the very beginning of the game? Even if it was just for THEIR benefit, it seems that our goals may align...
TalonisWolf has claimed the title of Sig-forger the Burning Champion of Lime Green!
GENERATION 32:
The first time you see this, copy it i

Ddynamo

• Bay Watcher
  • The difference between something and whatever.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22049 on: December 07, 2015, 06:33:29 am »

Oric would rather have us kill all siblings, not just Riltia. Remember how he reacted when he saw us with Proxxy?
Pages: 1 ... 1468 1469 [1470] 1471 1472 ... 1544