Poll

Who's excited for Warrens' return?

me
- 8 (16%)
me
- 2 (4%)
me
- 5 (10%)
help i'm trapped in a poll i don't know why i'm here i'm so scared someone please help
- 29 (58%)
me
- 6 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Pages: 1 ... 1467 1468 [1469] 1470 1471 ... 1544

Author Topic: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome ???  (Read 3901367 times)

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome
« Reply #22020 on: November 26, 2015, 05:33:03 am »

Does anyone have a collection of Polar Eye's scan results, at least for major characters? I'm *gasp* working on the wiki and I'd like to consult those, useless as they tend to be.

EDIT: Speaking of which! I've recently implemented a less-than-elegantly-written "Skill" infobox on the wiki, and I intend to go through and fill out rudimentary pages for all the skills on the menu list. Should be pretty easy to adapt it for other types of items, too, once that's done.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2015, 05:35:37 am by flame99 »
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22021 on: November 26, 2015, 09:32:19 am »

There's a collection of scans in the OP, to my knowledge.

Or somewhere else, but I don't know where if not the OP.

Proxxy: notice Ciro likely in tears, bestow big hug onto Ciro. "We're getting her back. We're freeing her from Oric's clutches. I promise."
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #22022 on: November 26, 2015, 12:04:22 pm »

Wait for Ciro's actual reaction before warming up the hurt/comfort fanfictions guys :V

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22023 on: November 26, 2015, 12:57:01 pm »

Wait for Ciro's actual reaction before warming up the hurt/comfort fanfictions guys :V

+1.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22024 on: November 26, 2015, 02:07:28 pm »

Does anyone have a collection of Polar Eye's scan results, at least for major characters? I'm *gasp* working on the wiki and I'd like to consult those, useless as they tend to be.
Is this what you're looking for?

flame99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22025 on: November 26, 2015, 03:45:16 pm »

So I noticed something. Locking Glass doesn't refer to SP, but instead MP (And it does have the appropriate effect, draining SP). Is it possible Riltia's been lying to us about her capabilities for a lot longer than we thought?

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22026 on: November 26, 2015, 03:57:42 pm »

So I noticed something. Locking Glass doesn't refer to SP, but instead MP (And it does have the appropriate effect, draining SP). Is it possible Riltia's been lying to us about her capabilities for a lot longer than we thought?

The old spells used MP instead of SP. He changed them because MMP sounds weird/dumb if I remember correctly.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #22027 on: November 26, 2015, 08:59:46 pm »

Is this what you're looking for?

I went ahead and added a link to that in Advanced Navigation Part One.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #22028 on: November 26, 2015, 09:26:33 pm »

Oh great; now I am morally obliged to make sure it stays up to date.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: you're not alone in this world
« Reply #22029 on: November 26, 2015, 09:31:20 pm »

Goom-bess scans you.

She receives a lot of useful information!

There's also THIS scan. I find Tier 4's passive "Something to do with souls" to be the most intriguing, although the completely occluded Tier 3 passive might also be something weird.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22030 on: November 26, 2015, 11:37:50 pm »

And thank goodness for that. Note Proxxy's scan- she has tiers up to 3, and she's the master of DL2(to my knowledge). Riltia only has tiers up to four(if that thing isn't lying to us), and she's master of DL7. So the Sinister Siblings don't have that much room to grow compared to their lessers... but they do have power to make up for it.

Goom-bess scans you.

She receives a lot of useful information!

I've cut out much of that spoiler to show off what we really should have seen beforehand.

1. Shouldn't there have been some proper capitalization?
2. But anyway... scan compleat. It seems Ritlia can't spell.
3. glass guardien. As emphasized by this. And she can't capitalize.
4. Thus, we might be able to detect further narrative shenanigans by examining misspellings and flaws in images. But we already knew that.
5. More importantly... look at the bio. "bio: previous employee of oric the awesome, riltia is a totally cool spearlady with no hidden talents or narrative gimmicks to worry about".
6. HOW DID WE NOT SEE THIS COMING! WE ARE BAY 12! HOW? HOW?
7. But "hidden talents". Riltia's going to be tougher than we know once we actually get to fighting her(which is why we should try Tactical Diplomacy)(that and the possibility of earning plot info).
8. Perhaps... okay. Here's plan WE ARE MASSIVE CHEATERS:

~~~
Phase 1: Test the Asynchrony Catalyst. We never did figure out what that thing does, and if it switches the locations of rooms like I think it does, we can proceed to Phase 2...
Phase 2: Determine if the Asynchrony Catalyst can use its ability to rooms we've never been in(possibly not, but it's worth trying...).
Phase 3: if we pass Phase 2, go to a room in DL2, use Proxxy's tracker to determine Riltia's room coordinates, then switch the room locations of Riltia's room coordinates and the room next to our room.
Phase 4: Enter Riltia's boss room several years ahead of meta Warrens schedule, then use an alternative battle form to defeat Riltia and preferably win her back(I recommend Tactical Diplomacy with Groove Battle as a backup).
~~~
On another note, I figured out what Ecco's soul star does.

The Vain Crescendo? That one? It creates a limited connection to us that we can use to select songs to play, which create somewhat potent magic effects.

On another note, I have a theory of what Oric's soul star does.

Oric's soul star can copy other Soul Stars' abilities(imperfectly).

Ha!

One of the only two beings we have taken control over without using the astral influx is Oric the Awesome. He used his soul star to copy the Target's soul star and thus temporarily become the main character.

A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22031 on: November 26, 2015, 11:51:49 pm »

Phase 1: Test the Asynchrony Catalyst. We never did figure out what that thing does, and if it switches the locations of rooms like I think it does, we can proceed to Phase 2...
Phase 2: Determine if the Asynchrony Catalyst can use its ability to rooms we've never been in(possibly not, but it's worth trying...).
Phase 3: if we pass Phase 2, go to a room in DL2, use Proxxy's tracker to determine Riltia's room coordinates, then switch the room locations of Riltia's room coordinates and the room next to our room.
Phase 4: Enter Riltia's boss room several years ahead of meta Warrens schedule, then use an alternative battle form to defeat Riltia and preferably win her back(I recommend Tactical Diplomacy with Groove Battle as a backup).

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22032 on: November 27, 2015, 12:08:32 am »

Given that the current theory on Boss Rooms is that they contain complicated Soul Charge siphoning apparatus, they might not be terribly mobile.

Plus, Riltia RIGHT NOW, with zero hidden skills, is fully capable of wrecking the entire party. Her spear does absurd damage, Locking Glass lets her take troublesome party members out of the fight and Shardstorm makes Trollwarks literally negative use. All this while being really tanky. Honestly, we've gotta obtain additional sweet loot and get more then a little stronger before we have any hope of challenging Riltia. Plus there's Hexaguard to deal with. We saw what that did to Ecco's robot. We don't want Proxxy's EVEN MOAR ZAP getting reflected back at us on top of everything else.

In any case, concrete goals. Do we keep raiding the Underhive even though our best fighter done run off? Do we do emotional/people management stuff? Do we try to get through to Love Crusader Pink Person? Do we start trying to crack Proxxy's code again?

Semi-random thing I just noticed with the scans:

It says that Chief is 853 years old. I theorize that's approximately how long the Cycles have been going, since he's one of Orics original siblings[Not capital "S" Sibling, just a member of the same babby brood] and doesn't participate in the dying over and over again part. Not sure how that's useful though.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

flame99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22033 on: November 27, 2015, 12:13:13 am »

wait
FFS said he had a plan to make Trollwarks sane again
HOW DID WE NOT SEE THIS COMING
H O W

flame99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22034 on: November 27, 2015, 12:14:59 am »

In any case, concrete goals. Do we keep raiding the Underhive even though our best fighter done run off?
Raiding the Underhive seems like a bad idea, I remember we were getting our ass thoroughly handed to us.

Pages: 1 ... 1467 1468 [1469] 1470 1471 ... 1544