Poll

Who's excited for Warrens' return?

me
- 8 (16%)
me
- 2 (4%)
me
- 5 (10%)
help i'm trapped in a poll i don't know why i'm here i'm so scared someone please help
- 29 (58%)
me
- 6 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Pages: 1 ... 1453 1454 [1455] 1456 1457 ... 1544

Author Topic: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome ???  (Read 3899356 times)

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: ancient monastic wifi struggle
« Reply #21810 on: November 11, 2015, 12:46:13 am »

This is way better than my other idea to hijack the thread with a squad-based magical girl game based on repairing a structure of dubious purpose and origin located between the Warrens proper and its harvest entry points.

I thought you said squid based for an entire 2/3rds of your post.

You're a squid now, you're an indescribable negative emotion based horror now.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2015, 12:47:55 am by Dermonster »
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #21811 on: November 11, 2015, 01:05:07 am »

Magical Calamari Soulshackle Scramble!
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21812 on: November 11, 2015, 03:36:46 pm »

I thought you said squid based
Can't it be both? Although, squid are kind of vicious, octopuses and cuttlefish might make more compelling characters, unless you want merciless homicidal death-bringers...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #21813 on: November 11, 2015, 03:45:17 pm »

Magical Splatoon?
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21814 on: November 11, 2015, 08:28:22 pm »

What? And mess up the uniforms!
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
« Reply #21815 on: November 11, 2015, 08:32:32 pm »

i fully support more twoota

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #21816 on: November 12, 2015, 12:50:33 am »

I support less twoota just to be an iconoclast.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21817 on: November 12, 2015, 10:50:17 am »

If not going with the consensus turns out to be an issue, you can always update less frequently. I mean, consensus probably won't change after a week of waiting.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21818 on: November 12, 2015, 11:12:18 am »

I think you should make posts like "making turn now, too late to make suggestions" so we know when to shut up / start ranting about Lichtenstein.

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21819 on: November 12, 2015, 04:36:30 pm »

Whelp I just read through all this bullshit from the start. Only bothered with the updates tho cause FUCK 400 pages of fan speculation.

PTW.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #21820 on: November 12, 2015, 06:09:13 pm »

Whelp I just read through all this bullshit from the start. Only bothered with the updates tho cause FUCK 400 pages of fan speculation.

PTW.
BUT IT'S SO INSIGHTFUL

No seriously #4 on the Theorycrafting Contest is still there how are we so bad at this
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21821 on: November 12, 2015, 07:39:36 pm »

PTW.
BUT IT'S SO INSIGHTFUL

No seriously #4 on the Theorycrafting Contest is still there how are we so bad at this
There are three simple steps to solving it.

1.Think of the most complex, intricate answer ever
2.Post it on the thread
3.Realize you just wasted several hours of your life on this
4.Go outside
5.Summon computer using force powers
6.Smash it to pieces
7.Cry to the sky, wondering why you wasted this much potential on a forum game
8.Asplode
9.??.?
10.Wake up, you are in the WARRENS OF ORIC THE AWESOME, EVEN DEATH IS NOT SAFE FROM IT'S BULLSHIT PLOT!

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #21822 on: November 12, 2015, 07:58:31 pm »

PTW.

another soul has been ripped asunder, you are now one of the collective.
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21823 on: November 12, 2015, 08:29:42 pm »

PTW.
BUT IT'S SO INSIGHTFUL

But why DOESN'T Oric want the Target dead is a much more interesting question. Alot of possibilities have been explored, at least partially correct with some, I'd bargain. Look through, come up with a half-baked theory, winrar.

EpochFlame

• Bay Watcher
  • [INACTIVE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21824 on: November 14, 2015, 12:48:50 pm »

Meant to post something on this earlier but I didn't want to doublepost. Then the thread died.
Copied straight from notepad:

We don't know why this happens yet, but we know one thing: in Warrens, your body is merely a hollow shell created (and potentially ruined) by your soul. Everything "you" are is in your Soul, and your soul retains its form across class changes, gender swaps, and revivals. Everything else - your body, powers, opinions - is perfectly malleable and irrelevant.
theory: boss rooms absorb killed target's soul charge
source:
A power sought out by evil rulers and corrupt dictators for millenea. One time-wrought eye gives life, another takes it. Total control. Total domination. Total and complete power.
oversoul vs willborn?
theory: oric wants the target dead to harvest energy for the last seraphim so he can use it
theory: oric wants the target dead in spirit duel so willborn ciro/sibling happens and then the soul explodes into the flashy white circles, what's up with those? and those are absorbed by the boss room as soul energy charge for the last seraphim for oric to use to expand and maintain the warrens
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=121809.msg4485150#msg4485150

theory relating to above: transformation/purging of willborn releases soul charge, which is then devoured by the Last Seraphim
entropy, cain's story was angels wanting to solve it! angels are analogous to kyuubey!

Adventurer enters Warrens. Seraphim rips out soul of adventurer, devours charge. Soul is released, recombining with adventurer. Adventurer is Illborn.
Adventurer enters Warrens. Seraphim rips out soul of adventurer, allocates to binding. Soul is released, not recombining with adventurer. Adventurer is not illborn.

Soul stars accumulate and/or lose charge. Soul stars run out of charge. Soul star becomes Willborn. Willborn devours other souls. Willborn is defeated and explodes. Soul charge is released. This powers the Warrens.

Had more quotes and commentary in other .txt files but can't be bothered to look through my documents library to find them- luckily I stumbled upon the most relevant one anyway.
Pages: 1 ... 1453 1454 [1455] 1456 1457 ... 1544