Poll

Who's excited for Warrens' return?

me
- 8 (16%)
me
- 2 (4%)
me
- 5 (10%)
help i'm trapped in a poll i don't know why i'm here i'm so scared someone please help
- 29 (58%)
me
- 6 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Pages: 1 ... 1443 1444 [1445] 1446 1447 ... 1544

Author Topic: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome ???  (Read 3900162 times)

Chris the OK

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: now with unnecessary angst
« Reply #21660 on: July 23, 2015, 07:06:41 pm »

Awww. Now we've brought Slog with us, but his SP is nothing and hence he's useless. I shoulda seen it coming.

Maybe we oughtta take him back to the ranch 'cause he's liable to get killed in here?

Proxxy+Goombess+Riltia+Al attack the Outer Slicer. Everyone else attack the Outer Suckers.

Let's just kill some guys and get some loot. No need to make it complicated. Afterwards, we can harvest that web for web and fairies.
Massive -1 to any idea that doesn't involve heavy damage reduction.

Half the members of our party have already been slaughtered by "uncomplicated" enemies that had two powerful basic melee attacks. Remember Searchbots?

Most of them haven't even increased their Max HP since then.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2015, 07:12:04 pm by Chris the OK »

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21661 on: July 23, 2015, 09:29:31 pm »

Those Outer Suckers are pretty adorbs, we should totes nab one...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21662 on: July 23, 2015, 11:25:39 pm »

Awww. Now we've brought Slog with us, but his SP is nothing and hence he's useless. I shoulda seen it coming.

Maybe we oughtta take him back to the ranch 'cause he's liable to get killed in here?

Proxxy+Goombess+Riltia+Al attack the Outer Slicer. Everyone else attack the Outer Suckers.

Let's just kill some guys and get some loot. No need to make it complicated. Afterwards, we can harvest that web for web and fairies.

Half the members of our party have already been slaughtered by "uncomplicated" enemies that had two powerful basic melee attacks. Remember Searchbots?

((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21663 on: July 24, 2015, 01:12:58 am »

The only thing that has literally slaughtered our party since then has been Searchbots. And I'm fairly sure those things had more than 16 HP(but no DR). Since then we have gained new class skills, class stats, weapons, armor, and even party members. We've got literally three competent bosses on our team, with really good abilities, let's use 'em
TACTICAL COMBAT ENGAGE!
Slog: Frizz indiscriminately, because I think they're probably weak to fire. Probably.
Everyone else: Bullrush melee style

Cerol Lenslens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21664 on: July 24, 2015, 02:00:31 am »

I'd love to recruit any of these, but I don't think it's doable with our lack of Illborn exchange. (Can we stuff a sucker into a jar? Probably not...) Then again, Proxxy was able to talk to that Hellyfish. I'm not opposed to diplomacy.

That said, if we do initiate combat, I believe our best option here is to use projectile weapons and spells to attack the slicer, and when he charges, levitate up. With luck, we can lure it into plummeting down the shaft.
"I've got a plan, hear me out on this one... I want to almost murder you."
"Boy, sure wish as Queen of the entire realm I had somebody to help me out with this. Advisor, tutor, anyone who knows what the hell they're looking at really.

Alas, the life of a Queen is a lonely one. Do the things with the whatsit."

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21665 on: July 24, 2015, 10:12:27 am »

I'd love to recruit any of these, but I don't think it's doable with our lack of Illborn exchange. (Can we stuff a sucker into a jar? Probably not...) Then again, Proxxy was able to talk to that Hellyfish. I'm not opposed to diplomacy.

That said, if we do initiate combat, I believe our best option here is to use projectile weapons and spells to attack the slicer, and when he charges, levitate up. With luck, we can lure it into plummeting down the shaft.
+1
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #21666 on: July 24, 2015, 10:29:27 am »

Slog: Frizz indiscriminately, because I think they're probably weak to fire. Probably.
Slog has no SP left to use Frizz.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21667 on: July 24, 2015, 11:57:43 am »

+1

(EVEN MORE ZAP: 17+4 Position+3 ELEC, 4-1DR, 2-1DR, 1-1DR) (Icicle Flurry: 14-2 Position, 2-1DR, 1-1DR, 1-1DR, 1-1DR) Goom-bess and Proxxy unleash their most powerful spells! The Outer Slicer takes only FIVE damage, protected by its tough, insectoid shell.

(Shardstorm: 13+4 Position, 2+3+1 DR) You cast your new Class Skill, Shardstorm. A flurry of hexagons pentagons slice through the Outer Slicer at blazing speed, spinning in the air as they go. If it helps your immersion, imagine a soft "fft-fft-fft" sound as they rip through the air. The Outer Slicer's Damage Resistance becomes a Damage Bonus, but just for this one attack! You feel pretty proud of yourself after that.

(Spit: 7-2 Position) (Spit: 12-2 Position, 4) The Outer Slicer, displaying a startling level of combat competence, nopes the fuck out of there and heads off to warn the hive. The topmost Outer Sucker spits at you, knocking you off-balance in midair. The bottommost Sucker tries to spit but only coughs. There is something fundamentally disturbing about a coughing worm, but you're not sure exactly what.

Spoiler: Active (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Passive (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: GM Note (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 24, 2015, 05:22:02 pm by freeformschooler »

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: UNDERHIVE RAID
« Reply #21668 on: July 24, 2015, 12:10:24 pm »

Good sir, the Active status happens to be a picture of the battle.

Al: use the Illborn Exchange to catch the Outer Slicer!
« Last Edit: July 24, 2015, 12:12:15 pm by FallacyofUrist »
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21669 on: July 24, 2015, 01:05:24 pm »

Why must we fight? Whhhhhhyyyyyyyy.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21670 on: July 24, 2015, 01:13:40 pm »

If it helps your immersion, imagine a soft "fft-fft-fft" sound as they rip through the air.
More evidence for the "simulation" theory.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21671 on: July 24, 2015, 02:36:53 pm »

Ask Riltia what's up with her eyes.

Wait, we're Riltia.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2015, 02:38:34 pm by Elephant Parade »

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #21672 on: July 24, 2015, 03:09:47 pm »

That's the casting animation.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21673 on: July 24, 2015, 03:20:43 pm »

That's the casting animation.
It's also her power-up image, I think? Also, the fact that her eyes ignite when she casts a spell is worth asking about.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #21674 on: July 24, 2015, 03:35:30 pm »

Rilitia - Stabbity stab stab stab the one that hit you!

Ciro - En Guarde the other one with your blade!

Al - Back up Ciro in the bartering process!

Cherish - Hang back you loveable scamp!
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses
Pages: 1 ... 1443 1444 [1445] 1446 1447 ... 1544