Poll

Who's excited for Warrens' return?

me
- 8 (16%)
me
- 2 (4%)
me
- 5 (10%)
help i'm trapped in a poll i don't know why i'm here i'm so scared someone please help
- 29 (58%)
me
- 6 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Pages: 1 ... 1440 1441 [1442] 1443 1444 ... 1544

Author Topic: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome ???  (Read 3900288 times)

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: now with unnecessary angst
« Reply #21615 on: July 20, 2015, 08:14:45 pm »

Wait just a fucking minute. Hold UP here.

While updating, it hit me that Ciro shouldn't be able to overcharge SP because she's the one wearing the hat in the first place. There's no way Ciro should have 22/17 SP. In other words, unless someone tells me I missed something and Ciro did, in fact, gain 10 MSP between Chapter 3 start and now, you're even further screwed out of Genetic Recess. Sorry!

...So. What you're really trying to say is that we finally got those points in cheating.

They aren't so much points in "cheating" as they are points in "hustle the GM." Or perhaps more accurately, points in "never check anyone's maths."

Anyway, yeah, fuck it, Windirection main 4 to the Riltiahole!

Chris the OK

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21616 on: July 20, 2015, 08:28:02 pm »

We could always do an elaborately SP-saving procedure like having one character use the magnet boots to get to higher ground, then chucking down the magnet boots for the next person to use.

I think this is adequate though. +1

Also we should use Slog's MP, send a scout up first in case it's blocked off (Al w/ Bulwarks), and take Proxxy too

EDIT: I don't think Riltia's lying to us this time around. She won't have that personal an attachment to that hole. Plus this would be too good a lie for her.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2015, 08:35:24 pm by Chris the OK »

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #21617 on: July 20, 2015, 08:38:54 pm »

+1 to utilizing the Passive Party's (Slog) power to reach the Rilitia hole.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21618 on: July 20, 2015, 09:04:56 pm »

woo adventure lets go down to the depths!

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21619 on: July 20, 2015, 09:36:52 pm »

...So. What you're really trying to say is that we finally got those points in cheating.
They aren't so much points in "cheating" as they are points in "hustle the GM." Or perhaps more accurately, points in "never check anyone's maths."
Ummmm, maybe this is a difference in terminology that I am not aware of, but, well, that sounds like cheating to me. I mean, if this was Dungeons and Dragons, and I was adding extra bonuses because the D.M. never bothered checking my maths, or if I convinced the D.M. that my ability worked in a certain fashion that I suspected may not have been accurate, and then proceeded to exploit that ability in ways that definitely were not intended by the original author... I Would consider that cheating.

I mean, what we have here is a case of the rules being outright broken, that is cheating. Shenanigans are when the rules are bent with creative interpretations, which pretty clearly is not the case here. We have been getting a whole boatload of extra S.P. that the rules as written do not provide.

Or, to put it in yet another way. "hustle the GM." and "never check anyone's maths." are typically how people get away with cheating. If the G.M. was always on top of everything, then cheating shouldn't be possible.

If cheating were not a game mechanic then I would certainly be feeling guilty about being involved with that may-or-may-not-be-a-cheat...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #21620 on: July 20, 2015, 09:48:55 pm »

Can't we just Hero Tower the active party up there?  It's just the bottom couple rungs that are missing.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolf Acolyte of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #21621 on: July 20, 2015, 10:10:19 pm »

Ask Circuitrix what changes he's made, then go up Rilitia Hole.
TalonisWolf has claimed the title of Sig-forger the Burning Champion of Lime Green!
GENERATION 32:
The first time you see this, copy it i

Cerol Lenslens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21622 on: July 20, 2015, 10:20:44 pm »

We could always do an elaborately SP-saving procedure like having one character use the magnet boots to get to higher ground, then chucking down the magnet boots for the next person to use.

Also we should use Slog's MP, send a scout up first in case it's blocked off (Al w/ Bulwarks), and take Proxxy too

EDIT: I don't think Riltia's lying to us this time around. She won't have that personal an attachment to that hole. Plus this would be too good a lie for her.

Can't we just Hero Tower the active party up there?  It's just the bottom couple rungs that are missing.

Whatever means we use, I continue to +1 going to the Riltiahole via whatever ascension process seems feasible.
"I've got a plan, hear me out on this one... I want to almost murder you."
"Boy, sure wish as Queen of the entire realm I had somebody to help me out with this. Advisor, tutor, anyone who knows what the hell they're looking at really.

Alas, the life of a Queen is a lonely one. Do the things with the whatsit."

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #21623 on: July 21, 2015, 01:04:16 am »

Whatever means we use, I continue to +1 going to the Riltiahole via whatever ascension process seems feasible.
+1 to up.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #21624 on: July 21, 2015, 02:53:49 pm »

Ummmm, maybe this is a difference in terminology that I am not aware of, but, well, that sounds like cheating to me. I mean, if this was Dungeons and Dragons, and I was adding extra bonuses because the D.M. never bothered checking my maths, or if I convinced the D.M. that my ability worked in a certain fashion that I suspected may not have been accurate, and then proceeded to exploit that ability in ways that definitely were not intended by the original author... I Would consider that cheating.

I mean, what we have here is a case of the rules being outright broken, that is cheating. Shenanigans are when the rules are bent with creative interpretations, which pretty clearly is not the case here. We have been getting a whole boatload of extra S.P. that the rules as written do not provide.

Or, to put it in yet another way. "hustle the GM." and "never check anyone's maths." are typically how people get away with cheating. If the G.M. was always on top of everything, then cheating shouldn't be possible.

If cheating were not a game mechanic then I would certainly be feeling guilty about being involved with that may-or-may-not-be-a-cheat...

I meant to say that nobody- and I mean nobody- bothered to check that the SP hack was added correctly after we demonstrated it could be done once; we all (or at least I myself) just assumed that freeform had it figured out. If the error had not been in our favor, I don't think I would have noticed it.

Chris the OK

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21625 on: July 21, 2015, 06:09:14 pm »

I remember thinking "Fools! Do you really think Ciro's SP is that high?" and yet somehow avoiding the conscious, rational thought that would have led me to understand why I had this attitude.

It's like the whole thing neatly fell into some kind of logical blind spot.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2015, 06:11:19 pm by Chris the OK »

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21626 on: July 21, 2015, 06:11:12 pm »

Why haven't we scanned Slog with the Polar Eye yet.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Chris the OK

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21627 on: July 21, 2015, 06:19:16 pm »

Why haven't we scanned FallacyofUrist's braincase yet? xD

EDIT: Sorry, I had to. Is it not in the navigation though?

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21628 on: July 21, 2015, 06:53:27 pm »

If it is I didn't know.

What happens when we tier up Slog?
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21629 on: July 21, 2015, 06:56:58 pm »

((Time to throw sanity out the window.))

I am conscious. Therefore, I have access to my essence. Therefore, I also have access to my memories.

As a spirit of the warrens, attempt to remember my own past life.
Pages: 1 ... 1440 1441 [1442] 1443 1444 ... 1544