Poll

Who's excited for Warrens' return?

me
- 8 (16%)
me
- 2 (4%)
me
- 5 (10%)
help i'm trapped in a poll i don't know why i'm here i'm so scared someone please help
- 29 (58%)
me
- 6 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Pages: 1 ... 1434 1435 [1436] 1437 1438 ... 1544

Author Topic: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome ???  (Read 3901806 times)

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: now with unnecessary angst
« Reply #21525 on: July 12, 2015, 02:53:29 am »

Don't forget searchbot waifus.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

IgnorantApe

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #21526 on: July 12, 2015, 04:04:51 am »

Hi all.  I've been watching this awesome story since this started and have been happy to watch you guys play it.  However I finally saw something that made me join up and post.

RILTIA HAS STOLEN THE ASTRAL INFLUX AND SWAPPED IT FOR A FAKE!!!

Here's the evidence for this assertion:

Firstly, Riltia knocking the influx out of Ciro's hand when she tried to switch perspective is highly suspicious. 

Surely just bumping into Ciro would have achieved the same end.  However by knocking the influx out of Ciro's hand and then picking it up for her, Riltia has the opportunity to pull a fairly basic bait and switch.  Her actions also goes against the taboo that was established long ago that you don't touch another person's soul star (I think it came from Proxxy).  I know as player characters we've been breaking that rule but has Riltia ever done so?

Secondly, in the update following the switch we're told rather sarcastically that the Influx is out of power and won't work for a long time, thus encouraging us to avoid using it and to not be surprised if it doesn't work.  If I remember correctly the influx has never had a cool-down time when used for switching perspectives before and if it did I see no reason why this time the waiting period would be any longer than usual.

Thirdly, as FallacyofUrist noted after Riltia handed the influx back to Ciro the appearance of the influx has changed and looks distorted.  This suggests that it could be a fake.

Unfortunately I can't seem to get images to work but it's all in the last two updates if you want to check the evidence.

Of course I could be wrong.  Therefore my suggestion is that we try to second shift the influx in order to see whether or not it's the real one.  If it's not, I don't know what to do.  I guess we gang up on Riltia and make her tell us the truth, or maybe even ask her first.

This is an amazing piece of work ffs and I'm sorry to see you go grape-picking.  Have an awesome time.

Oh and, spirit class: Kamikaze Chemist,

conein

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21527 on: July 12, 2015, 04:12:17 am »

I was thinking about why she wont OBEY TO THE SPIRITS OF THE WARRENS. WE MUST HAUNT HER

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21528 on: July 12, 2015, 04:20:56 am »

Hi all.  I've been watching this awesome story since this started and have been happy to watch you guys play it.  However I finally saw something that made me join up and post.

RILTIA HAS STOLEN THE ASTRAL INFLUX AND SWAPPED IT FOR A FAKE!!!

Here's the evidence for this assertion:

Firstly, Riltia knocking the influx out of Ciro's hand when she tried to switch perspective is highly suspicious. 

Surely just bumping into Ciro would have achieved the same end.  However by knocking the influx out of Ciro's hand and then picking it up for her, Riltia has the opportunity to pull a fairly basic bait and switch.  Her actions also goes against the taboo that was established long ago that you don't touch another person's soul star (I think it came from Proxxy).  I know as player characters we've been breaking that rule but has Riltia ever done so?

Secondly, in the update following the switch we're told rather sarcastically that the Influx is out of power and won't work for a long time, thus encouraging us to avoid using it and to not be surprised if it doesn't work.  If I remember correctly the influx has never had a cool-down time when used for switching perspectives before and if it did I see no reason why this time the waiting period would be any longer than usual.

Thirdly, as FallacyofUrist noted after Riltia handed the influx back to Ciro the appearance of the influx has changed and looks distorted.  This suggests that it could be a fake.

Unfortunately I can't seem to get images to work but it's all in the last two updates if you want to check the evidence.

Of course I could be wrong.  Therefore my suggestion is that we try to second shift the influx in order to see whether or not it's the real one.  If it's not, I don't know what to do.  I guess we gang up on Riltia and make her tell us the truth, or maybe even ask her first.

This is an amazing piece of work ffs and I'm sorry to see you go grape-picking.  Have an awesome time.

Oh and, spirit class: Kamikaze Chemist,
Ciro has the real Astral Influx in her inventory. Riltia stopped us from switching, and when we tried to switch again, the Astral Influx appeared and was out of power. Not fake, but imaginary. The same thing happened to Al, whenever he was told to use his Exchange, because the Exchange is probably in the LSS.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21529 on: July 12, 2015, 04:33:01 am »

Maybe the point of tWoOtA is to deconstruct the power of friendship? Maybe we should do what Oric wants and kill Riltia?
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #21530 on: July 12, 2015, 04:55:01 am »

Maybe the point of tWoOtA is to deconstruct the power of friendship? Maybe we should do what Oric wants and kill Riltia?
What if the point was that this is all in Ciro's head and she's just trying to rationalize killing Riltia?
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21531 on: July 12, 2015, 04:57:39 am »

I say we have Al turn everyone into a vampire to ensure that they'd come back if they die. That way we can also have a bit of room for error if say, we were to execute Riltia.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21532 on: July 12, 2015, 05:24:25 am »

So if everyone in the warrens was a vampire, except for the shopkeepers obviously, would there be enough food for the vampires, and would the vampires be able to get what food there was?
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21533 on: July 12, 2015, 05:28:42 am »

Yes. Provided they earn enough of an income to buy the blood of the shopkeepers :P
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21534 on: July 12, 2015, 06:03:56 am »

Bring up the fact that Riltia was also a dungeon boss like Proxxy was. It might help them get along better.

Go somewhere private with Riltia. Tell her to stop angsting and hiding things from us because it only results in bad things happening to everyone, including her.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #21535 on: July 12, 2015, 06:08:02 am »

I think that we shouldn't be too tough on her just yet. We've caught her in some lies, certainly. But I should wonder if that is because she needs our help. What if dumping Al's Soul Star was a good thing in some way we don't understand yet?
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21536 on: July 12, 2015, 06:15:26 am »

I think that we shouldn't be too tough on her just yet. We've caught her in some lies, certainly. But I should wonder if that is because she needs our help. What if dumping Al's Soul Star was a good thing in some way we don't understand yet?
We're not being tough on her, we're just telling her to stop keeping things from us. There full well could've been a reason to dump Al's soul star but it's critical we understand why. If she needs our help, then she needs to tell us what she needs help with. We can't continue wallowing in ignorance.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21537 on: July 12, 2015, 09:18:27 am »

+1 to second shifting the Astral Influx.

Why would Riltia want the Influx... unless she wants to control who the "main character" is?
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21538 on: July 12, 2015, 09:46:04 am »

+1 to second shifting the Astral Influx.

laularukyrumo

• Bay Watcher
  • Needs More Socks
    • View Profile
« Reply #21539 on: July 12, 2015, 10:13:16 am »

Now there's an idea.

+1 Second Shift
Quote from: Dwarfotaur
Everytime one of my militia has given birth in the Danger Room, it's lead to instant baby smoothies for everyone.

Gotta Catch 'Em All!

Dat Sig Thread
Pages: 1 ... 1434 1435 [1436] 1437 1438 ... 1544