Poll

Who's excited for Warrens' return?

me
- 8 (16%)
me
- 2 (4%)
me
- 5 (10%)
help i'm trapped in a poll i don't know why i'm here i'm so scared someone please help
- 29 (58%)
me
- 6 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Pages: 1 ... 1428 1429 [1430] 1431 1432 ... 1544

Author Topic: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome ???  (Read 3901799 times)

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: now with unnecessary angst
« Reply #21435 on: July 08, 2015, 04:07:05 am »

Okay, Riltia, you've got our attention, what is it you want with us?  Why are you preventing us from changing perspective?
+1
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21436 on: July 08, 2015, 04:27:40 am »

Okay, Riltia, you've got our attention, what is it you want with us?  Why are you preventing us from changing perspective?
+1
+1
If she refuses to tell us without good reason, spam her with random crap.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

RanDomino

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21437 on: July 08, 2015, 08:44:11 am »

Hmmm.
So let's go through this, Heart lady is... Was obviously close to Al, not in a lovey dovey way, though, the insinuation that Al would be in a relationship where insulting her would be normal (in a kinda joking manner, of course) probably indicates that it was mostly platonic, blood relatives? Perhaps? She seems to be a vampire as well, though, noting the fangs that appear when she pushed Al(eric) away.
Hrmmm.
How are vampires made?
Meta +1 to us thinking about vampires

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21438 on: July 08, 2015, 09:12:46 am »

So why did Riltia punch Ciro? Why do we think Al is an imposter?
Riltia has punched Ciro in order to prevent us from switching. At that moment, we tried to switch to Al; and if we were to investigate Al's missing Soul Star and RiltiaVision Al, we would find out Riltia would be lying about most of what she has explained to us. She likely fears retaliation, because the spirits make Ciro and pals do things, things they wouldn't normally do.

Al is not an imposter, he is the real Al. However, whenever we make Al do things that involve his Soul Star(which is likely inside the LSS), Al is childishly scribbled out, and Al takes his place, along with an Illborn Exchange. A RiltiaVision of anything appears if Riltia doesn't want us to know/see something.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #21439 on: July 08, 2015, 12:16:44 pm »

Welp, we know who she is, and she knows we know who she is, but we can't actually come up with her name due to Warrens memory-eating. We'll either have to bust in there (probably locking Pink Chick off as a potential party member and probably drawing a heck of a lot of aggro from Chief and whoever else is inside) or just go find something else to do until we find a way to get Al another flashback.

So... I kinda want to see what the Deep is all about while we have a full strength party, but I'm also interested to go back to DL4 and see whether Riltiavision includes the Soul Charge gauges at the top.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21440 on: July 08, 2015, 12:26:10 pm »

Welp, we know who she is, and she knows we know who she is, but we can't actually come up with her name due to Warrens memory-eating. We'll either have to bust in there (probably locking Pink Chick off as a potential party member and probably drawing a heck of a lot of aggro from Chief and whoever else is inside) or just go find something else to do until we find a way to get Al another flashback.

So... I kinda want to see what the Deep is all about while we have a full strength party, but I'm also interested to go back to DL4 and see whether Riltiavision includes the Soul Charge gauges at the top.
We could wait for TWoOTAborn. Since it stars Al, it'll likely have the answer.

In the meantime, we have tons of important, useful and/or interesting things to do.

We could:

• Go back to DL4 before everyone hates us
  • Try fusing Illborn in the Shadow Cathedral
  • Figure out a way to switch to someone that's not Riltia
  • Check the mercenary list
« Last Edit: July 08, 2015, 12:27:56 pm by Elephant Parade »

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21441 on: July 08, 2015, 12:41:39 pm »

+1 to mercenary list
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #21442 on: July 08, 2015, 03:01:05 pm »

+1 To mercenary list as well.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21443 on: July 08, 2015, 03:31:31 pm »

+1
+1
If she refuses to tell us without good reason, spam her with random crap.

You have no idea what you're talking about!

How are vampires made?
+1
Try switching to Al again. Maybe eventually that moron Ciro will start wondering why Riltia is punching her in the face repeatedly and get suspicious.
+1
+1 to both.

The Astral Influx is out of power after that last attempt! Golly gee, it might be some time before it's usable again. Why don't we just forget about it for a while? Great idea!

Al swipes Slog's gag teeth.

Everyone makes their way back to the Underside proper and heads up to the Underside Workers' Council.

Unfortunately, the list of active mercenaries is still blank. As Chief knew the inner workings of the mercenary system and managed their rotation, the rotation is inactive until you find some way to restart it. The doors leading back to the Mercenary holding space are permanently shut, and they seem pretty sturdy. You're going to have to either find Chief and ask him or look for someone else who knows.

Spoiler: Active (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Passive (click to show/hide)

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21444 on: July 08, 2015, 03:41:59 pm »

Oh dear. The Influx looks distorted when Ciro was holding it.

We've got a problem. Riltia knows something she shouldn't. Or maybe she doesn't know something. Unfortunately there's only one way around this: Printing to Proxxy's visor. Someone figure something out!
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21445 on: July 08, 2015, 03:43:33 pm »

Does anyone have the Underside map? It might be useful.

Also, go back to DL4. We don't have anything urgent to do, and being Riltia shouldn't interfere at all.

Chris the OK

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21446 on: July 08, 2015, 03:44:06 pm »

Well, I fell asleep again before I could respond in the debate last night. The price of swimming all day in the summer-sun-kissed seas, I guess.

Anyhow. I think javierpwn has nailed it with his interpretation of Riltia's actions.

I think it's highly interesting that this theory doesn't presuppose any malice on Riltia's part. And I think it's right in that. However, with all this praying to a mysterious goddess, and "dreams of power" going on, clearly there's a lot more to this puzzle.

Maybe that is also a devious ploy, perhaps intentionally to get us to distrust her when in fact she's still loving and loyal toward Ciro. She may believe she has to be sacrificed for some great purpose, which the prayer text seems to suggest. Any more thoughts?

And moreover, subscribing to this theory leads us to a difficult decision. Do we leave Al's soul star to be drained in the Greens, do we recover it to preserve Al's soul force (sacrificing the Underside in the process), or do we just replace it with someone else's? If the loss of oxygen is due to unrepaired structural damage, oughtn't we call in Floe to help out?

And oh, look. Ninjaed by FFS!
« Last Edit: July 08, 2015, 03:46:29 pm by Chris the OK »

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21447 on: July 08, 2015, 03:48:32 pm »

Solution to losing the Underside: move the whole Underside crew to a cleared DL.

Wasn't there an empty DL4 below the ship? Well, new Underside!

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
  • BEEP BOP READ SOLDIERMON
    • View Profile
« Reply #21448 on: July 08, 2015, 03:49:33 pm »

Al's star is still messed up. Riltia we know you have something to do with it.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #21449 on: July 08, 2015, 03:54:17 pm »

Check Riltia's Rubric Registrar

She's currently ???; hard to see behind her spear.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.
Pages: 1 ... 1428 1429 [1430] 1431 1432 ... 1544