Poll

Who's excited for Warrens' return?

me
- 8 (16%)
me
- 2 (4%)
me
- 5 (10%)
help i'm trapped in a poll i don't know why i'm here i'm so scared someone please help
- 29 (58%)
me
- 6 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Pages: 1 ... 1421 1422 [1423] 1424 1425 ... 1544

Author Topic: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome ???  (Read 3900614 times)

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: pretty pretty princess
« Reply #21330 on: July 05, 2015, 10:25:33 pm »

I feel like Genetic Recess will either change the target into a previous-Cycle form or change us into Weird Blue Ciro.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21331 on: July 05, 2015, 10:31:42 pm »

Did anyone figure out if we can cheat skillfully manipulate up enough SP to cast Genetic Recess?

we're obviously just not trying hard enough
He's clearly trying to get us to cast it! But we will not do it dangerously! Clearly we need to do a bunch of preparations then cast Genetic Recess on the pink girl! Rule two of mages: test magic on other people and pets before casting it on yourself! Or was that number one.
+1
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

WormArmy

• Bay Watcher
  • I am in fact.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21332 on: July 05, 2015, 11:06:44 pm »

I thought it was just the part where all the DNA takes a break and goes out to the playground.
my dream is that twoota readers build up an unnatural fear of hollow rectangles that follows them for the rest of their lives

You can't call a man a slimeball if he doesn't rat... and you can't call a slimeball a rat cuz he can't talk. But he always knows. Always.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21333 on: July 05, 2015, 11:08:05 pm »

Or we could get a recessive disease, making this thing a kind of inbred-enator. Or it could give us blue eyes. I dunno.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Chris the OK

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21334 on: July 06, 2015, 05:13:25 pm »

I feel like Genetic Recess will either change the target into a previous-Cycle form or change us into Weird Blue Ciro.

It'd be cool if it were, like, "temporarily adopt a random Spirit Class".

If it turns out to be really great, then giving Ciro the Meguka Pendant is less of a good idea.

The 25SP cost frightens me a little, too... FFS knew we'd have to put a lot of effort in just to be able to cast it. A lot of effort. As if casting it would be a one-time thing, with drastic story consequences.

Anyhow. Speculating on the mystery of this ability is a lot of fun, but why was it made a mystery in the first place? Was it bestowed upon us by the Last Seraph (compare the similarly corrupted "Pray" skill, can't remember where we saw it last), and if so, how does using it play into her hands position?

Random idea: We might be able to cast Genetic Recess early by camping near a save point / SP fountain, and having Cherish repeatedly use Wish to grant random buffs until we acquire some kind of max SP / spell-cost reduction buff.

« Last Edit: July 06, 2015, 05:55:07 pm by Chris the OK »

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21335 on: July 06, 2015, 05:27:59 pm »

Once we factor GM cruelty into our probability estimate, I sincerely doubt wish will have that sort of effect. It's definitely worth a try, though. At the very least, we'll know what kinds of buffs we can get, and I doubt there's any way it can go horribly wrong.

Wait, this is TWoOtA. Anything can go horribly wrong.

WormArmy

• Bay Watcher
  • I am in fact.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21336 on: July 06, 2015, 06:45:52 pm »

Or we could get a recessive disease, making this thing a kind of inbred-enator. Or it could give us blue eyes. I dunno.

Inbred-inator, eh?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
my dream is that twoota readers build up an unnatural fear of hollow rectangles that follows them for the rest of their lives

You can't call a man a slimeball if he doesn't rat... and you can't call a slimeball a rat cuz he can't talk. But he always knows. Always.

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #21337 on: July 06, 2015, 06:46:21 pm »

Once we factor GM cruelty into our probability estimate, I sincerely doubt wish will have that sort of effect. It's definitely worth a try, though. At the very least, we'll know what kinds of buffs we can get, and I doubt there's any way it can go horribly wrong.

False, I will prove that not everything can go wrong right now.

Say "Gee, I sure hope a giant monster doesn't pop down from the ceiling at this very moment." while staring at the ceiling thoughtfully.
You are now having excessive amounts of fun

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21338 on: July 06, 2015, 07:12:47 pm »

Say "Gee, I sure hope a giant monster doesn't pop down from the ceiling at this very moment." while staring at the ceiling thoughtfully.
Or rather, Print to Proxxy's visor: "Gee, we hope a giant monster doesn't fall off the ceiling at this very moment!"
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21339 on: July 06, 2015, 07:53:51 pm »

Or rather, Print to Proxxy's visor: "Gee, we hope a giant monster doesn't fall off the ceiling at this very moment!"

-1. The last time we tried that, her visor exploded due to incompatibility with metaphysical messaging.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21340 on: July 06, 2015, 08:01:45 pm »

Now that we have Proxxy on our side, can't we get all the monsters from DL2 and have them join us?
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21341 on: July 06, 2015, 08:10:12 pm »

Now that we have Proxxy on our side, can't we get all the monsters from DL2 and have them join us?

Proxxy has zero control over them. That's one of the main reasons she's on our side.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21342 on: July 06, 2015, 08:20:11 pm »

Inbred-inator, eh?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I was hoping someone would get that reference!

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21343 on: July 06, 2015, 08:43:28 pm »

-1. The last time we tried that, her visor exploded due to incompatibility with metaphysical messaging.
That was just because we disagreed on the message and sent them all at once. A short sentence won't cause problems.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21344 on: July 06, 2015, 08:56:32 pm »

That was just because we disagreed on the message and sent them all at once. A short sentence won't cause problems.

The turn specifically stated it was because of a lack of MMS. I can dig up the quote if you want evidence.
Pages: 1 ... 1421 1422 [1423] 1424 1425 ... 1544