Poll

Who's excited for Warrens' return?

me
- 8 (16%)
me
- 2 (4%)
me
- 5 (10%)
help i'm trapped in a poll i don't know why i'm here i'm so scared someone please help
- 29 (58%)
me
- 6 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Pages: 1 ... 1420 1421 [1422] 1423 1424 ... 1544

Author Topic: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome ???  (Read 3900580 times)

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: pretty pretty princess
« Reply #21315 on: July 04, 2015, 07:06:12 pm »

Oh wait. Print to Proxxy's visor: "... well this is irritating. It seems likely to us that Al(the guy in green) knows the girl's name."
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Cerol Lenslens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21316 on: July 04, 2015, 07:51:33 pm »

Clearly the password is "My name"

...Okay, probably not.

+1 to staring meaningfully at Al.

But, if it turns out that we can't go in yet, we should do some sidequest stuff:

After accepting their respective sidequests, we could:

- Fuse the Bartering Ram with Riltia's spear. Of course, we won't be able to carry it anymore after that, so we would have to break the result afterwards or put it in storage until we had enough slots. Or we could do what was mentioned earlier and fuse a weapon to a big piece of scenery like this flag here...

+1 to looting flag

- Start trying to obtain Illborn. Al couldn't convince the Underhaunt, but what about Slog? We know he was able to get an Underhaunt for a roleplaying session before. Give Slog the Ring of Sexiness and have him gather illborn under the excuse that he's obtaining players for a TWotWoOtAoOtA session. Then bring them to Polydectes.

Also I wonder if a Spooky Scary Skeleton turns into Artifact Essence when it dies. Or if a Spooky Scary Skeleton counts as an Illborn, and if so what it would look like if Al tried to use his funkified Illborn Exchange on it.
"I've got a plan, hear me out on this one... I want to almost murder you."
"Boy, sure wish as Queen of the entire realm I had somebody to help me out with this. Advisor, tutor, anyone who knows what the hell they're looking at really.

Alas, the life of a Queen is a lonely one. Do the things with the whatsit."

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #21317 on: July 04, 2015, 08:49:23 pm »

Everyone: Stare at Al
+1

"Hey babe, what's your name?" Says Al, while making suggestive glances eyebrow waggles.
+1+1+1
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #21318 on: July 04, 2015, 09:36:55 pm »

The password is always swordfish.

Wait no hang on okay.

By the way, I believe that flag is the blue sniper chicks flag. Right?
I don't believe we've seen Floe's flag, if she has one. However, she was based in underside and had similar colors to the flag, so it could be.

I don't think it's Floe's flag; her symbol is the Eye, and it's not quite the right shade of blue. My guess is that it's either Chief's personal flag, or we've finally found the home base of the Aberrants we've heard so much about.

I have two theories for what her name might be. The first is that she's really Al's long-lost sister, but I think we only saw her name in Twootaborn and I don't remember it.

The second theory is that her name is Mili.

Things we know about Mystery Pink Girl: She knows Al's real name (and Al doesn't know why she would, implying he doesn't recognize her.) She really doesn't like Cherish, referring to her as "his pet girl" and seeming more nauseated by the prospect of both of them together than just Al alone. She seems to be a magic user based on her staff.

It could be that she's Al's sister whose name I can't recall; Al's sister would know Al's real name, and would probably be outraged that he seems to have adopted a new little sister after selling his own flesh and blood out to vampire hunters. Also I think she was a light mage or something?

Mili doesn't seem to fond of Al or his associates based on the one panel of conversation she got before she was brutally murdered (said murder probably not giving her warm fuzzies towards Al and his present company.) However, it seems Al had a thing for Mili, so it's plausible they have enough history to be on a True Name basis. Mili also had a big old ritual spell in her inventory, which ties into the magic-user angle. And, if my prior theory about this being the place of the Aberrants is true, then Mili being an Aberrant Exile would give her a connection to return here.

Obvious Problems with the Mili Theory:

1) Mystery Pink Chick looks nothing like Mili. Possibly because Mili was revived by Chief using the LSS and Cherish's Soul Star, a process which can radically alter the revived.

This leads to B- Mili is dead. Mili's body was supposedly merged with Ciro's during his revival, but hey, maybe Chief got a hold of it somehow and Al didn't tell us, or Chief used some other body part or token to revive her.

And finally, iii. based on Al's knowledge of ?? it seems she was a resident in Underside at the same time Mili was, so they're probably not the same person. But hey, we haven't seen them in the same room together, right? That logic could apply to Floe as well as ?? or Mili, but hey, work with my stupid theory for a minute.

tl;dr  The Girl Is Al's Sister Somebody Remember Her Name PLEASE, if not have a ridiculous Lichenstein-esque theory instead.

(I guess we could ask Al his sister's name directly though.)

EDIT: A cursory glance at the Ultimate Expanded Shipping Grid I compiled a while back suggests that the only other female characters with known names and unknown dispositions are Cleri the Ruby Priest (who may not be female and certainly would have enjoyed an art upgrade) and Rosalinde (who I'm pretty sure we concluded was past life Ciro or Riltia, but if we want to guess wildly I guess we could toss it out there.)
« Last Edit: July 04, 2015, 09:40:57 pm by monk12 »

RanDomino

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21319 on: July 05, 2015, 09:19:35 am »

Open C:\Program Files\FFSworks\TWoOtA\assets and look for file names that look like they could be about her

If that doesn't work, check GameFAQs

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21320 on: July 05, 2015, 12:47:03 pm »

Open C:\Program Files\FFSworks\TWoOtA\assets and look for file names that look like they could be about her

+1
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolf Acolyte of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #21321 on: July 05, 2015, 12:54:09 pm »

+1

>/ERRROR:FILE CORRUPTION_

>/REINITIALIZING...

>/ERROR: DIFFICULTY_NORMAL.EXE FILE MISSING

>/BYPASSING... BYPASSING VIA DIFFICULTY_EXTREME.EXE

>/BYPASS SUCESSFUL. ORICSOFT THANKS YOU FOR YOUR PATRONAGE_
TalonisWolf has claimed the title of Sig-forger the Burning Champion of Lime Green!
GENERATION 32:
The first time you see this, copy it i

TherosPherae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21322 on: July 05, 2015, 02:10:46 pm »

+1 to checking GameFAQs
Quote from: Aqizzar
Being vengeance and the night could only be improved by being the ballpunching vengeful night.
Quote from: Cthulhu
Gotham's mysteriously high mental illness rate isn't so mysterious when you find out Batman thinks subduing a guy means spiking his head into the pavement like a football.

WormArmy

• Bay Watcher
  • I am in fact.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21323 on: July 05, 2015, 07:00:49 pm »

+1 to checking GameFAQs

+1. Knowing this game, there's a chance it will work.
my dream is that twoota readers build up an unnatural fear of hollow rectangles that follows them for the rest of their lives

You can't call a man a slimeball if he doesn't rat... and you can't call a slimeball a rat cuz he can't talk. But he always knows. Always.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #21324 on: July 05, 2015, 07:42:58 pm »

+1 to checking GameFAQs

+1. Knowing this game, there's a chance it will work.
+1
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Chris the OK

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21325 on: July 05, 2015, 08:30:08 pm »

And I thought the skeletons would actually appear playing the trumpet. Shows you how much I know about memes! They last for a handful of turns, and can only react passively? Looks like we won't being amassing a band of skeletal rockstars to take the dungeon by storm after all.

+1
+1. Okay, this is really apt.

That flag looks LOOTABLE!
-1. Such poor diplomacy is just a free pass for FPS to retaliate with deservedly tragic consequences. And 9 months will be a long time to thirst for player tears, don't you know?

The second theory is that her name is Mili.
Maybe she knew Mili and we could try and access our Mili memories somehow?

i think we saw the pink girls star. it was pink. im pretty sure cain has a purple one.

From what Ciro said when she saw it - "Wow, you've got a-" I suspected at the time she had a Soul Star which was very similar to the Astral Influx. Maybe she is the main character in a parallel universe's forum thread?

I've always wondered whether Pink Girl is also the "psycho bitch" mentioned in the Minus / Rosalind flashback. Floe is generally affable (if authoritarian), so I don't think it'd be her. However if they've befriended Ecco by that stage as the flashback seems to indicate, then Floe would have started to behave antagonistically... and confoundingly, I never could understand why Floe woudn't take the statue down, if it was her they were talking about. She cares intensely about the state of the dungeon and the statue is also right outside her house. Hmmm!

The other thing to come to mind, thinking about the flashback and her suspicious Soul Star, is that... If this girl had been close to a former incarnation of the Target, then the one person who would might uniquely remember her name could be the current Target. That would neatly explain the "only one person can know my name" part of the puzzle... but it assumes Chief knows rather a lot. Now, I don't think it's likely she is one of the characters in our flashbacks - but I do think it feasible that her name is hidden in our memories, or those of another Sibling who was at one point intricately related to her.

Bonus tidbit for conspiracy theorists: "Rozy" is an awfully apt name for the "Pink Girl", eh? Seeing as "rose" or some variant thereof is the word for pink in... how many languages? But nah... Al isn't supposed to know her name, so out the window with thtat theory.

Another possibility is that it's from another puzzle that we haven't solved yet:
  • Proxxy's code
  • Proxxy's mystery recording
I'd just have strong doubts about Proxxy being the one Chief is after. However, Chief may be seeking to recruit the players, rather than any single in-game character, to his cause.

SO! Plan of action: Use the Astral Influx to either take control of Al (for exposition on the Chief, as by learning his motives we can guess whose help he seeks) or to take control of Ciro (and praying for some past life exposition.)

EDIT: If that doesn't work, maybe we should talk with Cain...
« Last Edit: July 06, 2015, 05:58:34 pm by Chris the OK »

RanDomino

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21326 on: July 05, 2015, 09:22:13 pm »

Did anyone figure out if we can cheat skillfully manipulate up enough SP to cast Genetic Recess?

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21327 on: July 05, 2015, 09:27:19 pm »

Did anyone figure out if we can cheat skillfully manipulate up enough SP to cast Genetic Recess?

we're obviously just not trying hard enough

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21328 on: July 05, 2015, 09:30:41 pm »

yes we can.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21329 on: July 05, 2015, 09:45:36 pm »

we're obviously just not trying hard enough
He's clearly trying to get us to cast it! But we will not do it dangerously! Clearly we need to do a bunch of preparations then cast Genetic Recess on the pink girl! Rule two of mages: test magic on other people and pets before casting it on yourself! Or was that number one.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.
Pages: 1 ... 1420 1421 [1422] 1423 1424 ... 1544