Poll

Who's excited for Warrens' return?

me
- 8 (16%)
me
- 2 (4%)
me
- 5 (10%)
help i'm trapped in a poll i don't know why i'm here i'm so scared someone please help
- 29 (58%)
me
- 6 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Pages: 1 ... 1399 1400 [1401] 1402 1403 ... 1544

Author Topic: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome ???  (Read 3901551 times)

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: you're not alone in this world
« Reply #21000 on: June 14, 2015, 06:24:36 am »

Cherish now has a plush cat. Now how did she get that?

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=121809.msg6143654;topicseen#msg6143654

Dwaaw. I don't really want to take the cat from her. But... Oooh! Ooooh!

Cherish: Give Plush Cat to Rilitia saying that you were impressed with how she handled the air situation! Boost her self-esteem!
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Chris the OK

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21001 on: June 14, 2015, 07:30:52 am »

Guys: Initiate Plan Magical Al Girl
+1
I'm going to -1 this, as I think we should have a proper vote on who to give the Waifu Pendant to. Let's make sure we've all thought this through thoroughly!

In my view, Al is a poor choice to make our resident Magical Girl because he is our most powerful character by far anyway, and possibly the game's true final boss. Not only does he have far more to do in combat than anyone else even at this stage, just look at his scanned class progression—great class features all the way down to a pair of tier 4, 30-skill-point uber abilities. No other character we've scanned has had so many. Character-wise, I'll admit—Al is a fun choice, but our other characters would suit it much better:

Ciro: All Ciro gets to do in combat is make basic attacks with her blood-forged weapons. She's a crafter / artificer character, and there's currently  not a bit more to her. Giving her the Waifu Pendant would let her take centre stage in combat like a protagonist ought to. Plus... A magical girl protagonist learning to overcome her dark side as she takes on all the forces of evil in the world? Great! A creepy Blood Mage magical girl protagonist who eviscerates the unrepentant with the trails of solidified blood that she oozes from her eyeballs (while grappling with her dark side and taking on the forces of evil in the world?) Even better!

Cherish: Cherish is similar, in that while she as a bit more to do in combat than Ciro, we can't generally risk her getting involved at the front line of combat or frivoling her MP away with non-heal spells. Meguca-form might give her a boost there in the form of strong passive buffs. Character-wise, Cherish has all the appropriate amounts of kawaii and twee over-excitability that would make for the perfect Magical Girl; and as our party's most empathetic character, we can trust her to fit the task of emotional leadership that comes with being one. Any abilities the Waifu Pendant grants are very likely to strengthen her crucial role as team lead-healer and support. Power-up our healer with the power of heart? I think there's a solid case for that.

Goombess: Goombess doesn't have much to do, either. Multi-stomp has proved a fine way to expend HP and expose her to multiple concerted enemy attacks, but not such a fine source of damage. More worryingly, if we don't upgrade / revive her and if the mercenary / illborn rules hold, she may never actually progress as a character at all. With the new passive party mechanics, she stands every chance of being relegated to Head Researcher of the party, maybe being wheeled out occasionally like a mere Pokédex to serve the party with her Tattles. But that's not good for Goombess. She is desperate to prove her worth almost to the point of nervousness, even though she lacks the confidence to hold onto realistic hopes in her life (as her hopeless crush on Oric shows). She needs a greater role and greater agency, and she deserves that, but won't ever get it by hanging back and Tattling. Magical Girl Goombess would be a changed mushroom.

Proxxy: Proxxy has every right to be a potent force in combat. We've never used Zap! yet, nor unleashed the multidice maelstrom that is Even More Zap!!!, but with 15 HP, 15 SP (and decent class abilities on top of that), she's on the level of an archmage compared to most of the group. Her character now—her character has some flaws, not least of which is an unwillingness to believe in her own abilties. The Waifu Pendant would giver her character some much-needed pep. And as we've seen, Proxxy's redemptive arc is a long way from over yet. While she's happy to take on her new role in the party, losing Oric and the trappings of Siblingdom have shaken her to the core, and those scars won't heal so easy. She needs to let go of the Sinister Sibling Proxxy, and embrace the Magical Girl Proxxy and all the joy and goodness that new person represents. Then Proxxy will have completed her redemption.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21002 on: June 14, 2015, 07:32:23 am »

Guys: Initiate Plan Magical Al Girl
+1
+1 to most powerful character turning into an engine of mass destruction.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Nicholas1024

• Bay Watcher
  • Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #21003 on: June 14, 2015, 07:37:52 am »

-1 to giving the pendant to Al. I'm less certain about the idea of him being the final boss, but I do think that since we tend to lose characters from time to time, we're better off not putting all our eggs in one basket.

Personally, I think Ciro or Cherish would be the best option for it.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #21004 on: June 14, 2015, 07:47:55 am »

What about Magical Girl Rilitia? She doesn't need all that MP anyways.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #21005 on: June 14, 2015, 07:50:38 am »

I agree with making Riltia our official Waifu.
Ciro would also be an interesting choice, though. Hmm...

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21006 on: June 14, 2015, 07:59:20 am »

Ciro
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #21007 on: June 14, 2015, 08:06:21 am »

I say Cherish, honestly, having something fit with a characters original disposition is a little bit better than the juxtaposition of magical girl Ciro, or Magical sleazeball Al.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Chris the OK

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21008 on: June 14, 2015, 08:19:12 am »

since we tend to lose characters from time to time, we're better off not putting all our eggs in one basket.
That probably sums it up for me. And we should bear in mind that some of our characters haven't got much to do in combat. Al already has too much.

What about Magical Girl Rilitia? She doesn't need all that MP anyways.
I think she's too powerful to need the upgrade, too important in combat to need the extra abilities, too strong-willed and humble to need the confidence boost, and possibly too dangerous to entrust such an exciting, one-of-a-kind ability to.

Perhaps somebody else should state her case, though? I'd probably prefer her to Al, after all. We should definitely get her to Tier Up with that skill point before choosing! Let's see what abilities are coming next!

Ciro
Great to see some support for Ciro! Possibly an even funnier and kookier and scarier choice than Magical Girl Al. And more useful by half, I'd say.

Myself, I'm actually undecided! Can anyone convince me to their side?

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21009 on: June 14, 2015, 08:25:10 am »

I suppose that Ciro is the one who will benefit most from the pendant, after all, she can't do much stuff on her own besides attacking, and bloodshaped weaponry is always worse than normal weaponry. Also, the pendant can give her more SP, which we could use to cast that odd DNA ability.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21010 on: June 14, 2015, 08:26:45 am »

+1 meguca Slog

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
  • BEEP BOP READ SOLDIERMON
    • View Profile
« Reply #21011 on: June 14, 2015, 08:30:47 am »

Wait how did Riltia fix the thing

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #21012 on: June 14, 2015, 08:43:08 am »

+1 to giving the pendant to Ciro.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #21013 on: June 14, 2015, 09:05:40 am »

I think that maybe the best recipient for the pendant would be goombess, or something. Also, Tomcost. It wouldn't give Ciro any more sp, as its kinda clear that she'd lose 5 MSP when becoming meguca, and would gain 5 MSP when returning to normal again. We're gonna have to shell out for more stat points/items that give MSP. But yeah, I think Riltia might be off the table, since we'd need an inventory slot for her, otherwise she'd lose the item combo that makes her ultra tanky, and if the magical girl form imparts skills, well... She wont really have enough SP to do anything.

In any case, lets resume relaxing around the underside!
Proxxy: Share the loot in your hub with the group inventory, who knows if/when oric finds out you're with ciro and somehow removes your hub.
Cherish: Store the money and cat, and spearhead.
Al: Store the essence and scroll
Ciro: Reabsorb the bow and clotcutter, try making a sword & shield.
Riltia: Be the only person to actually relax with slog and goombess
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21014 on: June 14, 2015, 09:47:48 am »

I think that maybe the best recipient for the pendant would be goombess, or something. Also, Tomcost. It wouldn't give Ciro any more sp, as its kinda clear that she'd lose 5 MSP when becoming meguca, and would gain 5 MSP when returning to normal again. We're gonna have to shell out for more stat points/items that give MSP. But yeah, I think Riltia might be off the table, since we'd need an inventory slot for her, otherwise she'd lose the item combo that makes her ultra tanky, and if the magical girl form imparts skills, well... She wont really have enough SP to do anything.

In any case, lets resume relaxing around the underside!
Proxxy: Share the loot in your hub with the group inventory, who knows if/when oric finds out you're with ciro and somehow removes your hub.
Cherish: Store the money and cat, and spearhead.
Al: Store the essence and scroll
Ciro: Reabsorb the bow and clotcutter, try making a sword & shield.
Riltia: Be the only person to actually relax with slog and goombess

+1
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.
Pages: 1 ... 1399 1400 [1401] 1402 1403 ... 1544