Poll

Who's excited for Warrens' return?

me
- 8 (16%)
me
- 2 (4%)
me
- 5 (10%)
help i'm trapped in a poll i don't know why i'm here i'm so scared someone please help
- 29 (58%)
me
- 6 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Pages: 1 ... 1392 1393 [1394] 1395 1396 ... 1544

Author Topic: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome ???  (Read 3902294 times)

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: alone again again
« Reply #20895 on: June 08, 2015, 03:19:34 pm »

Waitaminute, Worldmaster's still there, just very, very, faint.
Umm, this is a command? Does it roughly translate to quickly grab hold of Worldmaster and be drawn bodily into the spirit realm?
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20896 on: June 08, 2015, 03:21:23 pm »

Waitaminute, Worldmaster's still there, just very, very, faint.
Umm, this is a command? Does it roughly translate to quickly grab hold of Worldmaster and be drawn bodily into the spirit realm?
No, it translates to: quickly first shift our soul star, grab Worldmaster, and charge him with Soul Charge, keeping him here.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20897 on: June 08, 2015, 07:49:35 pm »

I think it means he's gone. Stahp.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #20898 on: June 08, 2015, 07:52:18 pm »

No he's not! Worldmaster will always be there... In our hearts! Proxxy, calibrate the shipping thread! Don the Magical Girl Amulet! Bring back Worldmaster with the Power of Love and Friendship!
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
« Reply #20899 on: June 08, 2015, 08:01:07 pm »

You all seem to really value our meatshields, perhaps moreso than the main characters themselves.

Not that I'm complaining, mind. I'm all for being revived if possible. But it's seems a bit silly to waste too much more time on this.

PPE: hold on just a thought to try

resist the pull of the ether for a little longer, and fade back in
« Last Edit: June 08, 2015, 08:32:59 pm by Worldmaster27 »

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #20900 on: June 08, 2015, 08:27:27 pm »

No he's not! Worldmaster will always be there... In our hearts! Proxxy, calibrate the shipping thread! Don the Magical Girl Amulet! Bring back Worldmaster with the Power of Love and Friendship!

Well, the experiment failed and we still have our Crab Essence, so actually that went better than expected.

EDIT: I'm going to change my vote to:

Secure the loot quick, but before going Hub-ward:

Let us have a look at the unshifted Soul Star's capabilities. There'll be a load of amazing tech gear waiting for us back at the Hub, and we'll need to know the full extent of our capabilities for manipulating it.

If possible, give us another tiny clue to help us crack that code. If there is anything dangerous out there waiting for us, the Hub is where it'll be - and the unsolved code will be how we were supposed to know about it.
+1
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20901 on: June 10, 2015, 11:03:05 am »

Well, the experiment failed and we still have our Crab Essence, so actually that went better than expected.

EDIT: I'm going to change my vote to:

Secure the loot quick, but before going Hub-ward:

Let us have a look at the unshifted Soul Star's capabilities. There'll be a load of amazing tech gear waiting for us back at the Hub, and we'll need to know the full extent of our capabilities for manipulating it.

If possible, give us another tiny clue to help us crack that code. If there is anything dangerous out there waiting for us, the Hub is where it'll be - and the unsolved code will be how we were supposed to know about it.
+1

You First Shift the Ardent Circuit.

Though Fixshift is a useful tool for manipulating devices at the cost of Soul Charge, the sad truth is you have no idea what your Soul Star's power is. Its ordinary form has no menu options or hints as to its use. For a long time, you thought First Shifted Stars had no use, but then you saw the Illborn Exchange... and the Astral Influx... it made you wonder.

You wop wop wop to your Hub. The graphical upgrade has treated it well.

You should probably give yourself a mental reminder of all of the Hub's functions, just in case you forgot. Behind you, obviously, is the Checkpoint. Checkpoints are not the best method of travel: there's one per level, and they usually become inaccessible whenever the Dungeon Level they're on changes. No, the best way to travel is your portal hatch in the center there. There's a control panel in the wall to its left that lets you change its manually set the destination coordinates. It takes a lot of power, though, so you have to wait a while between uses. Some places also seem to block portal creation. For example, you can't travel to the Underside normally, but there's a place above some stairs that allows portal creation.

Up top is an electronic display. Sometimes Ecco, as representative of communications, sends important messages to all the hubs, but mostly he uses it to complain about his personal life. The right wall panel, the one farthest from you, is where you store your extra Visors... and a secret.

You press a button, and a device falls down.

This is one of those audio storage device. It is the most precious thing in the world to you. It's been hidden in a secret compartment in your hub for who knows how long, and the shoddy drilling on the compartment tells you this wasn't the work of Oric or whoever constructed the hub.

You can also tell the device was modified. You've seen one of these before, and you know that pressing the big button outputs a message. This one, on the other hand, has some kind of so-far-uncrackable encryption. Nothing happens when you press the button. It's probably like a safe: the number pads on the top want some combination of input before they'll allow you to hear the message.

The big "REX" letters on the bottom are also curious. You don't know anyone named "REX." That's why the device is so precious to you: it's your own personal mystery that only you know about. You hope to solve it one day.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2015, 11:04:55 am by freeformschooler »

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #20902 on: June 10, 2015, 11:11:54 am »

THE KIIIIING

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #20903 on: June 10, 2015, 11:37:03 am »

The device has been modified, you say?

Anywho, FUCK, another puzzle box! And our Soul Star is basically a puzzle too! In retrospect we should have shifted earlier and asked Polynomial Decimal about it, but OH WELL.

EDIT: Also, this update broke the char limit on Advanced Navigation Part Three. Part Four, hoooooo!
« Last Edit: June 10, 2015, 11:38:55 am by monk12 »

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
Advanced Navigation Part IV
« Reply #20904 on: June 10, 2015, 11:49:01 am »

Advanced Navigation
Part Four

Chapter Four: Broken Throne

Prologue: Enter the Warrens and Chapter One: The Underside can be found in Advanced Navigation Part One

Chapter Two: Nepotism can be found in Advanced Navigation Part Two

Chapter Three: Unplanned can be found in Advanced Navigation Part Three

No doubt a fifth chapter and iteration of Advanced Navigation is forthcoming, but you'll have to wait for updates like the rest of us now.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2016, 06:45:34 pm by monk12 »

Chris the OK

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20905 on: June 10, 2015, 12:17:53 pm »

Wonderful!

Our hub's only tangible useful purpose is as a gigantic, mobile fanfiction library.

I suppose we are heading back to the Underside, but I'll wait and see if anyone has a better suggestion. Visiting DL:1 later should be fun.

Fallatus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20906 on: June 10, 2015, 12:27:48 pm »

Does our visor stack replenish? if so, Take them back to the others at underside.
Also remember to upgrade your visor for meta communication, Don't want it to explode in your face again do you.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #20907 on: June 10, 2015, 02:51:49 pm »

What's that light on the top right corner of the display doing on?

Hmm... limited inventory space, a chance to head directly for Ecco or the party...

Use checkpoint to go to a place where you can access Storage; NOT the underside. Carry loot to there, put Crab Essence, necktie, and Waifu Pendant in Ciro's storage, and the fusion scroll and weapon in your own storage. Keep the potion and soulstar. Return to Hub, set Portal Hatch to right outside Ecco's Boss Room.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20908 on: June 10, 2015, 03:00:17 pm »

Quote from: Memor-E
"Featuring cameo appearances by Rex and Vi!"

Guess what. Looks like one of Riltia's past lives left Proxxy a gift. Does anyone else have a feeling that the code for that is in Proxxy's encryption... nah. Unless it was something she was forgetting as a result of some sort of mind wipe device.

Does our visor stack replenish? if so, Take them back to the others at underside.
Also remember to upgrade your visor for meta communication, Don't want it to explode in your face again do you.

Let's not exit the hub yet, but if we can upgrade our visor for meta messaging, do so.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Ddynamo

• Bay Watcher
  • The difference between something and whatever.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20909 on: June 10, 2015, 03:04:53 pm »

What if Vi is the name Ciro went by in her first cycle, and Rex is Proxxy's first cycle? Just a thought.
Pages: 1 ... 1392 1393 [1394] 1395 1396 ... 1544