Poll

Who's excited for Warrens' return?

me
- 8 (16%)
me
- 2 (4%)
me
- 5 (10%)
help i'm trapped in a poll i don't know why i'm here i'm so scared someone please help
- 29 (58%)
me
- 6 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Pages: 1 ... 1346 1347 [1348] 1349 1350 ... 1544

Author Topic: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome ???  (Read 3896812 times)

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: 20k! Magnificent!
« Reply #20205 on: May 11, 2015, 07:05:02 am »

oh. Has it occurred to nobody that spirits can't leave the room in which they are summoned due to the trap? We could go back, leave the crab essence with Polydectes, then open the chest, grab the loot in our arms and that slot, then dash back using our +3 agility before they attack.
Or, we can play safe and do it once we have some free space and have an actual place to deposit the loot.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #20206 on: May 11, 2015, 07:26:34 am »

Out of all the characters we can play as, I think only Cherish can really rock the MG outfit, assuming it's not too revealing. For everyone else it would just be like they're cosplaying or something.
Out of all the characters we can play as, I'm pretty sure every single one of them without exception would look amazing as a magical girl. The only reason they'd look like they were cosplaying is if the outfit was pregenned rather than fitting them personally (ex: blue armor on Al), which doesn't sound very likely.

oh. Has it occurred to nobody that spirits can't leave the room in which they are summoned due to the trap? We could go back, leave the crab essence with Polydectes, then open the chest, grab the loot in our arms and that slot, then dash back using our +3 agility before they attack.
Or, we can play safe and do it once we have some free space and have an actual place to deposit the loot.
Yeah unless we're worried about the level resetting or something, I really don't understand the rush.

Then again I have no idea where we're going or what we're doing in general, so maybe I'm not the best judge on this.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20207 on: May 11, 2015, 09:07:46 am »

I'm surprised nobody has suggested giving it to Slog.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #20208 on: May 11, 2015, 09:32:46 am »

Interesting.  Minor infodump, for people who can't follow the scrolling easily and for maximum search-grep potential.  Some of my guesses are in red, and illegible bits due to white are barred out. 
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

...I don't think we have nearly enough shenanigans to bluff the treasure chest, even if we had the inventory space for it.

EDIT: Spoilered since that was a bit longer than I thought.  Also, it might be worth noting that illegible bits due to running off the end are not denoted by any particular text, but the use of a fixed-length font in the original might give some hint as to how much is hidden.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2015, 09:42:33 am by Culise »

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20209 on: May 11, 2015, 09:44:13 am »

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #20210 on: May 11, 2015, 09:50:09 am »

Hee~.  Missed that post somehow.  Ah, well, so it goes. ^_^

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #20211 on: May 11, 2015, 10:06:56 am »

-1 to opening chest and +1 to moving on.  As much as it pains me to leave a chest unopened, we're simply not ready to handle this one.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Chris the OK

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20212 on: May 11, 2015, 11:46:02 am »

I think it would be very entertaining to sell the Waifu Pendant to Oric as an Amulet of Sexiness. Probably not a great idea, and would need some ranks in Bluff, but... if we can't beat him, might as well troll him with silly, permanently soulbound abilties.

But Cherish is my first vote, and if not then Goombess, after we bring her back to life and give her crab claws... Now I'd like to see artwork of that.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2015, 11:55:40 am by Chris the OK »

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20213 on: May 11, 2015, 01:20:05 pm »

I suppose we should move on if the waterfall isn't rising. If it is rising, we might lose epic loot. As long as we don't leave the dungeon level before we open the chest, it should be fine. If we do leave the level- goodbye loot.

It's occurred to me that we can communicate directly to Proxxy instead of just via her gut.

Print to visor:
Proxxy, we are the spirits of the Warrens. Those traps activate if you touch the chest, and each will draw one of us randomly into a physical form to fight against you. As such, touching the chest is not recommended. Of course, if you can open the chest and take the loot without touching it, do so.

« Last Edit: May 11, 2015, 01:37:52 pm by FallacyofUrist »
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

WormArmy

• Bay Watcher
  • I am in fact.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20214 on: May 11, 2015, 04:25:06 pm »

Print to visor:

"Don't listen to him. He's crazy. There's no such thing as ghosts. Seriously, what bunk."
my dream is that twoota readers build up an unnatural fear of hollow rectangles that follows them for the rest of their lives

You can't call a man a slimeball if he doesn't rat... and you can't call a slimeball a rat cuz he can't talk. But he always knows. Always.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20215 on: May 11, 2015, 04:26:54 pm »

Print to visor:

"Then what are you?"
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #20216 on: May 11, 2015, 04:31:41 pm »

-1 to printing things to Proxxy's visor.

+1 To traveling to a new room where there are no traps.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20217 on: May 11, 2015, 04:32:28 pm »

Print to visor:
Proxxy, we are the spirits of the Warrens. Those traps activate if you touch the chest, and each will draw one of us randomly into a physical form to fight against you. As such, touching the chest is not recommended. Of course, if you can open the chest and take the loot without touching it, do so.

+1
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

WormArmy

• Bay Watcher
  • I am in fact.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20218 on: May 11, 2015, 06:36:33 pm »

Print to visor:

"Then what are you?"

Print to visor:

"A figment of your imagination. And you're just a figure of Proxxy's imagination. So I'm just a figment of a figment of her imagination's imagination. But anyways, open the chest already. You know you want to."
« Last Edit: May 11, 2015, 06:38:24 pm by WormArmy »
my dream is that twoota readers build up an unnatural fear of hollow rectangles that follows them for the rest of their lives

You can't call a man a slimeball if he doesn't rat... and you can't call a slimeball a rat cuz he can't talk. But he always knows. Always.

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #20219 on: May 11, 2015, 06:50:48 pm »

-1 to printing things to Proxxy's visor.

+1 To traveling to a new room where there are no traps.
+1
Pages: 1 ... 1346 1347 [1348] 1349 1350 ... 1544