Poll

Who's excited for Warrens' return?

me
- 8 (16%)
me
- 2 (4%)
me
- 5 (10%)
help i'm trapped in a poll i don't know why i'm here i'm so scared someone please help
- 29 (58%)
me
- 6 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Pages: 1 ... 1338 1339 [1340] 1341 1342 ... 1544

Author Topic: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome ???  (Read 3897812 times)

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: 20k! Magnificent!
« Reply #20085 on: May 07, 2015, 02:40:37 pm »

The obvious solution is to kill Riltia, right? Right?
Eventually combine all Illborn we receive, then combine Polydectes, into a literal Soulless Abomination.

Hm. I wonder if Polydectes is actually an Illborn. He refused to let us scan him, so we don't actually know. I wonder if that's the motivation for his Illborn research.
Well, I mean, He's not on the Influx, so I'd say it is a pretty huge chance he probably is Illborn.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20086 on: May 07, 2015, 02:42:29 pm »

Master Barterer?
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #20087 on: May 07, 2015, 02:51:32 pm »

The obvious solution is to kill Riltia, right? Right?
Eventually combine all Illborn we receive, then combine Polydectes, into a literal Soulless Abomination.

Hm. I wonder if Polydectes is actually an Illborn. He refused to let us scan him, so we don't actually know. I wonder if that's the motivation for his Illborn research.
Well, I mean, He's not on the Influx, so I'd say it is a pretty huge chance he probably is Illborn.

Ah, but the Angels don't show up either. Illborn are creatures who come into the Warrens and have their soul sucked out through a bendy straw; what if Polydectes is a native denizen of the Warrens, a renegade from before the era of Cycles?

Not likely, I know, but fun to jaw about.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20088 on: May 07, 2015, 02:56:20 pm »

... why not likely?

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #20089 on: May 07, 2015, 03:09:27 pm »

Plot twist: Polynesia is the Last Seraphim.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #20090 on: May 07, 2015, 05:00:28 pm »

... why not likely?

Occam's Razor: Either there is an entire class of Warrens denizens which we have never encountered or heard about (soulless, non-Angel, non-Illborn) or Polydectes is just an Illborn. They both explain the situation equally well, and we don't have to assume any new information for the latter to be true, so most likely that's it unless we can find some independent evidence that he's not Illborn or there are such a class of Warrens denizens.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #20091 on: May 07, 2015, 05:17:17 pm »

... why not likely?

Occam's Razor: Either there is an entire class of Warrens denizens which we have never encountered or heard about (soulless, non-Angel, non-Illborn) or Polydectes is just an Illborn. They both explain the situation equally well, and we don't have to assume any new information for the latter to be true, so most likely that's it unless we can find some independent evidence that he's not Illborn or there are such a class of Warrens denizens.
It's also possible he's one of the ones who entered of their own accord, like Yaos. He may have a soul star that we just haven't seen yet. Or maybe his soul star is what allowed him to re-purpose the LSS?
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #20092 on: May 07, 2015, 05:35:10 pm »

... why not likely?

It's also possible he's one of the ones who entered of their own accord, like Yaos. He may have a soul star that we just haven't seen yet. Or maybe his soul star is what allowed him to re-purpose the LSS?

As javierpwn pointed out, if he had a Soul Star he'd show up in the Astral Influx, right?

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #20093 on: May 07, 2015, 05:39:23 pm »

... why not likely?

As javierpwn pointed out, if he had a Soul Star he'd show up in the Astral Influx, right?
Not necessarily. Yaos never appeared, did he? Nor has Floe, and she presumably has a star. We've seen her and held a (n admittedly brief) conversation with her. Shouldn't she appear on there?
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20094 on: May 07, 2015, 05:43:45 pm »

Precisely- they have to be friendly with the currently controlled character. And perhaps Polydectes has a nullifying soul star?

Ddynamo

• Bay Watcher
  • The difference between something and whatever.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20095 on: May 07, 2015, 05:58:59 pm »

This opens up the question of what does it take to appear on the influx.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20096 on: May 07, 2015, 06:09:55 pm »

A soul, being met, meeting someone with the Influx on a party member.

When we met Floe, we didn't have our Soul Star. When we met Yaos, we didn't have our Soul Star. When we met everyone else with a Soul who appeared on the Influx, we had the Soul Star.

Ddynamo

• Bay Watcher
  • The difference between something and whatever.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20097 on: May 07, 2015, 06:11:26 pm »

A soul, being met, meeting someone with the Influx on a party member.

When we met Floe, we didn't have our Soul Star. When we met Yaos, we didn't have our Soul Star. When we met everyone else with a Soul who appeared on the Influx, we had the Soul Star.
Right then, I'd say Polydectes is illborn then.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20098 on: May 07, 2015, 06:40:05 pm »

good sir, Proxxy does not have the Astral Influx.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20099 on: May 07, 2015, 06:43:18 pm »

good sir, Proxxy does not have the Astral Influx.
we had already met Polydectes, as Ciro, Influx in inventory
Pages: 1 ... 1338 1339 [1340] 1341 1342 ... 1544