Poll

Who's excited for Warrens' return?

me
- 8 (16%)
me
- 2 (4%)
me
- 5 (10%)
help i'm trapped in a poll i don't know why i'm here i'm so scared someone please help
- 29 (58%)
me
- 6 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Pages: 1 ... 1330 1331 [1332] 1333 1334 ... 1544

Author Topic: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome ???  (Read 3898153 times)

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: DL3.2
« Reply #19965 on: May 03, 2015, 06:46:29 pm »

I'm pretty certain that if we shifted rooms while we were inside them... probably there would be bad side effects.

Also... Ask the broom guy what the most powerful soul star in the Warrens is.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19966 on: May 03, 2015, 06:50:06 pm »

I'm pretty certain that if we shifted rooms while we were inside them... probably there would be bad side effects.

Also... Ask the broom guy what the most powerful soul star in the Warrens is.
+1

Teleport to the Greens.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #19967 on: May 03, 2015, 07:23:04 pm »

Ask Polygon if the powerful soul star can be used to fight against Oric.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #19968 on: May 03, 2015, 07:58:45 pm »

Strange addendums:

Trivia:
Spoiler: Whispers In The Dark (click to show/hide)

The King and the Lord
Spoiler: Ask The New Guy (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Ecco Star (click to show/hide)

Go Time:
Spoiler: Angelic Friend (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Ecco's Plans (click to show/hide)

So overall, we seem to know that:

-There is An Ultimate Weapon
-It is a Soul Star
-We have it... or at least everyone (meaning Cain and people listening to Cain, basically) thinks we have it

We further "know" that it's given or assigned to one destined for the throne, which matches "King" well enough. It seems reasonable enough to conclude that Oric is the current King, The Last Seraphim is the Lord, and the angels and Ecco are both plotting to brutally murder Oric the Current King and replace him with somebody else. In the angels' case, this appears to be an ally of some sort who is even now within our very party. In Ecco's case, it's presumably himself, if he cares beyond the savage murder of Oric and suspension of being reincarnated and forgetting about Floe part.

Which brings us to the question of which member of our party. One interesting clue is the mention that said weapon has been "assigned." Unfortunately that still tells us very little; Al is the only member to have been given his by a shady questgiver, but it's hard to say with ironclad certainty that nobody's been "given" their Stars otherwise.

Ciro is probably the least likely, since he got his Star incredibly early and appears to be an essential part of the Warrens. Him being finally at long last assigned his own Death Star would require some definite shenanigans on everyone's part.

Riltia is mostly in the same boat, but she does have one ace up her sleeve- the nonsense with the voices and triangle yandere. It's possible the corruption of her Star was or was related to being "given" the weapon. Still doesn't sound especially likely, but it's ahead of Ciro, at least.

Cherish also seems unlikely, especially since she was a battery, but finding hers in a tube and handing it over is hardly unmysterious enough to write her off entirely.

So as mentioned, this leaves the real winner as Al. Everything about him and his Star is anomalous- he entered the Warrens without losing it, Chief had it and then gave it to him, and he's shady and ancient. He's in all ways perfect for the role of Usurper King, at least as far as we know.

The things we don't know, obviously, could fill a fucking DL and then overflow into sublevels.

Other benefits of this research:
(Gather: 6) Al attempts to gather Kit Kat's ashes, but they waft away out of reach.
Oops. KitKat fate confirmed.

monk-senpai: This vital update is not listed in the index. Threw me off searching for it!

Index updated!

RE: Hellyfish, presumably the Last Seraphim is heavily involved in the dungeon management, including flushing rooms and spawning monsters. Perhaps all random Illborn ultimately respond to her (which ties in with Al being the choice of the Last Seraphim to rule the dungeon, which is why he was given a Soul Star that can command Illborn (though along with the "third weapon assigned an owner talk," if it really is Al it raises questions about whether the abilities of Soul Stars are inherent to the person or if they're assigned by the Last Seraphim as part of the SoulStarification process.)

RE: Go Time, I quote Maxim 29: The enemy of my enemy is my enemy's enemy, no more and no less. Presumably they both want Oric out of power, but whether Ecco's slaughter will be limited to Angels who directly oppose him is an open question I think.

He's not?
Spoiler: No he isn't (click to show/hide)

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19969 on: May 03, 2015, 08:42:15 pm »

The enemy of my enemy is a good distraction. If we can convince Oric that Cain is going to be released or that Ecco will gain dangerous allies then it is possible that Oric may expend valuable resources or reveal secrets in a less than optimal fashion in order to prevent things that were never likely.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #19970 on: May 04, 2015, 12:17:54 pm »

Well, I finally finished reading through this thread from start to finish (skimming through most of posts that aren't by freeformschooler, since I'm not completely insane).

And to think, I had briefly considered reading through this thread when ffs had to quit my IGYNPADCA RPG because he was too busy, and I decided to see what he was up to. I thought this "Warrens" thing he was working on looked interesting, but at nearly 200 pages (at 15ppp), it just seemed too long to read through. *laughs madly*

But, yeah, I recently decided I'd read through it, no matter how long it took, and I was not disappointed. I pretty sure TWoOtA is now my new favorite shonen anime, despite it technically being neither of those things. I'm really happy you guys eventually resurrected Slog, because this game just wouldn't be the same without it's adorable mascot.

So, anyway, I'm now posting to watch, and also submitting my Spirit Class: Battle Chef.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19971 on: May 04, 2015, 04:54:41 pm »

Spoiler: Count (click to show/hide)
Ask about Cool Crab: +Andres, +NAV, +Eotyrannus, +monk12, +Birdy (5)
Squee: +Kevak, +Andres, +IronyOwl (3)

Polydectes actually complemented your intelligence! Wow! You squee internally while maintaining your calm and calculating persona. You can't just go around shoving your insecurities in peoples' faces. There's no sense in that!

Noooo, Cool Crab! Actually, this could be worse. According to Polydectes, if you had an Illborn to sacrifice, you could make an even cooler crab with the Dark Cathedral's devices.

You take the Essence of Crab and wonder what you should do next.

Spoiler: Party (click to show/hide)

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19972 on: May 04, 2015, 05:02:52 pm »

Open LSS menusbusing Ardent Circuit
Use Memor-E

HissinhWalnuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a deep dislike of the natural world.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19973 on: May 04, 2015, 05:03:21 pm »

Crack-a-lack-a

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19974 on: May 04, 2015, 05:11:35 pm »

Um... why do none of you mourn his passing? Anyway... we need to set our sight on some long term goals. More inventory slots, for one thing... which means we need to find some shopkeepers and some money... which means we need to get moving. One more bit of exposition, then let's go. Have you considered an alliance with Cain? And do you know what his Soul Star does? And most important of all... what is Oric's Soul Star?

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #19975 on: May 04, 2015, 05:13:54 pm »

It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #19976 on: May 04, 2015, 05:14:06 pm »

So... apparently Polydectes is the kind of guy who'll murder a Cool Crab for his Essence for no reason. And to think I used to like Polydectes.

Though I suppose we could honor Cool Crab's final wish for rad specs by smashing up Proxxy's visor and fusing it with the Crab essence.

Use Memor-E

+1

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19977 on: May 04, 2015, 05:16:14 pm »

So... apparently Polydectes is the kind of guy who'll murder a Cool Crab for his Essence for no reason. And to think I used to like Polydectes.

Though I suppose we could honor Cool Crab's final wish for rad specs by smashing up Proxxy's visor and fusing it with the Crab essence.

Use Memor-E

+1
+1 to scan everything Polydectes has with the Ardent Circuit, possibly scaring his life out.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #19978 on: May 04, 2015, 05:17:29 pm »

...Sweet heavens. What happens if were to say... Combine Cool Crab with a Fellsetto? What horrifying Pop Monster would result?

Also. +1 to the Memor-E Machine.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #19979 on: May 04, 2015, 05:26:01 pm »

...Sweet heavens. What happens if were to say... Combine Cool Crab with a Fellsetto? What horrifying Pop Monster would result?

Also. +1 to the Memor-E Machine.

Cool Crab's Coolness would override the Fellsetto, so the only evident change would be his newly found rad(der) beatz.
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.
Pages: 1 ... 1330 1331 [1332] 1333 1334 ... 1544