Poll

Who's excited for Warrens' return?

me
- 8 (16%)
me
- 2 (4%)
me
- 5 (10%)
help i'm trapped in a poll i don't know why i'm here i'm so scared someone please help
- 29 (58%)
me
- 6 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Pages: 1 ... 1277 1278 [1279] 1280 1281 ... 1544

Author Topic: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome ???  (Read 3900559 times)

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: Avoiding boss fights since 2013
« Reply #19170 on: April 11, 2015, 08:46:39 pm »

Use this event to crash Slog's roleplaying session and preside as judge.
+1
No way to not +1 this.
I can support this insanity. +1
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #19171 on: April 12, 2015, 03:21:05 am »

Wasn't it established that there are more than six siblings, but just not enough DLs for them all?
I think Cain said something like that, but in the context it was something totally different. Wanna say it was during Al's chat with him...I'll check the Index in a bit.
I think we've seen more than six Siblings, assuming you define "sibling" as "someone who (probably) has a Soul Star".

Wait, non-Siblings can have Soul Stars. I'm dumb.
Yeah, but didn't the grey village dude, wossname, mention something like that?

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

RanDomino

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19172 on: April 12, 2015, 09:13:28 am »

Travel directly perpendicular to the plot

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19173 on: April 12, 2015, 09:35:35 am »

(I drew something for the first time in a literal decade and it was Ciro.)
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
  • BEEP BOP READ SOLDIERMON
    • View Profile
« Reply #19174 on: April 12, 2015, 11:57:29 am »

Bring Riltia's GUARD to +5 with the stat point! Enjoy tier up!

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19175 on: April 12, 2015, 12:55:20 pm »

I know why Oric want the target dead!
Oversoul. When Ciro went Oversoul after seeing Al die, she gained unbelievable power.
If we accept that Oric gains power extremely slowly, and can gain more by killing the target, he might be farming him/her for the power.
If Oric enters Oversoul... he's already powerful enough. He might be able to overthrow his superiors if he uses Oversoul.
We've never seen Oric take directly harmful action against Ciro. That's because he wants her to charge her soul star. Once she is fully charged- bam goes Oric and he takes her power. Of course, he might not be able to unless his soul star nullifies soul star powers.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19176 on: April 12, 2015, 01:05:10 pm »

I know why Oric want the target dead!
Oversoul. When Ciro went Oversoul after seeing Al die, she gained unbelievable power.
If we accept that Oric gains power extremely slowly, and can gain more by killing the target, he might be farming him/her for the power.
If Oric enters Oversoul... he's already powerful enough. He might be able to overthrow his superiors if he uses Oversoul.
We've never seen Oric take directly harmful action against Ciro. That's because he wants her to charge her soul star. Once she is fully charged- bam goes Oric and he takes her power. Of course, he might not be able to unless his soul star nullifies soul star powers.
Everything is OverSoul shenanigans.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19177 on: April 12, 2015, 02:12:11 pm »

Does my theory seem sound to you?
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19178 on: April 12, 2015, 04:20:44 pm »

Does my theory seem sound to you?
I feel like I've hit the enter button a few too many time while writing this
^^^^^Shameless self-insert Theorycrafting^^^^^^^
(will contain spoilers if you're not up to date with the reading)

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19179 on: April 12, 2015, 05:14:33 pm »

Bring Riltia's GUARD to +5 with the stat point! Enjoy tier up!
+1
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #19180 on: April 12, 2015, 06:28:47 pm »

Wasn't it established that there are more than six siblings, but just not enough DLs for them all?
I think Cain said something like that, but in the context it was something totally different. Wanna say it was during Al's chat with him...I'll check the Index in a bit.
In the meantime, I believe Chief was stated to be Cain's brother. I'm less certain there was enough context to figure out exactly what that meant; ie whether The Siblings weren't originally blood related but still have and kept families, or whether Oric's group is/was larger than the current Level Bosses, or what.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #19181 on: April 12, 2015, 07:34:04 pm »

(I drew something for the first time in a literal decade and it was Ciro.)

Actually not terrible.

In the meantime, I believe Chief was stated to be Cain's brother. I'm less certain there was enough context to figure out exactly what that meant; ie whether The Siblings weren't originally blood related but still have and kept families, or whether Oric's group is/was larger than the current Level Bosses, or what.

It's certainly implied that Oric's group used to be larger than it is, if just for the fact that Cain is supposed to have killed a few of them. Then again, Death is Cheap, so who knows.

I'm inclined to try and track down Chief now that we're back in Underside (and also Al.) He was supposed to be somewhere West of Outer Underside IIRC. Also, that place Circuitrix was guarding could be interesting to stick our heads in.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19182 on: April 12, 2015, 07:38:40 pm »

Nah. Once the event is done with—along with anything actually urgent, obviously—we should go back. Remember what happened the last time we kept a robot ghost waiting?

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #19183 on: April 12, 2015, 07:46:18 pm »

Nah. Once the event is done with—along with anything actually urgent, obviously—we should go back. Remember what happened the last time we kept a robot ghost waiting?

We got to try some tactical diplomacy on the Floor boss and trade him in for a neat illusionist 'bot?

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19184 on: April 12, 2015, 07:48:07 pm »

We got to try some tactical diplomacy on the Floor boss and trade him in for a neat illusionist 'bot?
The first was because of insane rolls, and the illusionist is probably even less loyal than he was, since we didn't save him.

We lost the checkpoint, which was really bad.
Pages: 1 ... 1277 1278 [1279] 1280 1281 ... 1544