Poll

Who's excited for Warrens' return?

me
- 8 (16%)
me
- 2 (4%)
me
- 5 (10%)
help i'm trapped in a poll i don't know why i'm here i'm so scared someone please help
- 29 (58%)
me
- 6 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Pages: 1 ... 1162 1163 [1164] 1165 1166 ... 1544

Author Topic: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome ???  (Read 3898565 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: Critical
« Reply #17445 on: November 05, 2014, 08:36:32 pm »

It clearly asks why he wants the target dead as opposed to why does he want to kill the target.  Maybe he is for whatever reason incapable of killing Ciro?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

RanDomino

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17446 on: November 05, 2014, 08:48:04 pm »

Monk12 Vote Aggretator Terms and Conditions: monk12 takes no responsibility for any inaccuracy or vagueness present in any monk12 vote aggregations. Only bold votes are counted in a monk12 vote aggregation, except in the case that they are not. monk12 reserves the right to forget about unpopular or self-destructive actions while compiling a monk12 vote aggregation. It is the responsibility of the voter to ensure the accuracy and presence of their votes. monk12 vote aggregations are nonofficial and presented for entertainment purposes only. Consult your physician before casting a vote in a monk12 vote aggregation or if you become dizzy, nauseous, uneasy, or have suicidal thoughts or feelings upon viewing the results of a monk12 vote aggregation.
...+1

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17447 on: November 05, 2014, 08:52:12 pm »

Oric Wants The Target Dead =! Oric Wants To Kill The Target Right Now.
It clearly asks why he wants the target dead as opposed to why does he want to kill the target.  Maybe he is for whatever reason incapable of killing Ciro?
Although repeated death is a thing, Oric definitely wants Target dead. Eventually. At the hands of a Sibling.
Oric seems pretty likely to wanting to kill us at this moment, for the taunting and deviations. Whether or not it is by his hands is a different story altogether.
At this rate, if he keeps annihilating party members, our entire party would be willing to push both Ciro and Riltia off Serabella, in order to save themselves.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17448 on: November 05, 2014, 09:03:33 pm »

Although repeated death is a thing, Oric definitely wants Target dead. Eventually. At the hands of a Sibling.
Oric seems pretty likely to wanting to kill us at this moment, for the taunting and deviations. Whether or not it is by his hands is a different story altogether.
At this rate, if he keeps annihilating party members, our entire party would be willing to push both Ciro and Riltia off Serabella, in order to save themselves.
No, he's killing our party members to mess with us. The only one he's definitely willing to kill is Goombess - heck, even that's not certain; maybe he thinks killing Goombess would cripple our party or something.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17449 on: November 05, 2014, 09:18:38 pm »

No, he's killing our party members to mess with us. The only one he's definitely willing to kill is Goombess - heck, even that's not certain; maybe he thinks killing Goombess would cripple our party or something.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Back to seriousness, the only motives we currently know behind Oric's actions are Soul Charge, and the death of Target. Killing party members is sure to cause grief, and psychological damage, I'll admit; but what I'm saying is, we don't know what actions would be crossing the line on the metaphorical chart of deviancy, and what would Oric be willing to do once we cross that line.
Immediate death is what comes to my mind, as it would restart the cycle. And if he can't cause immediate death, per unrevealed oath or whatnot binds him to not do so, what would be the extent of what he CAN do to stop us?

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17450 on: November 05, 2014, 09:29:45 pm »

Back to seriousness, the only motives we currently know behind Oric's actions are Soul Charge, and the death of Target. Killing party members is sure to cause grief, and psychological damage, I'll admit; but what I'm saying is, we don't know what actions would be crossing the line on the metaphorical chart of deviancy, and what would Oric be willing to do once we cross that line.
Immediate death is what comes to my mind, as it would restart the cycle. And if he can't cause immediate death, per unrevealed oath or whatnot binds him to not do so, what would be the extent of what he CAN do to stop us?
I really, really don't think we're going to die for not playing along with the final boss's orders after he randomly shows up. That just doesn't seem very FFS.

Quade

• Escaped Lunatic
  • Dwarves are cool. TWoOtA is cool too.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17451 on: November 05, 2014, 10:18:23 pm »

Here's a crazy plan that probably won't work, but I felt like sharing it. Feel free to tear it apart.

My real votes:

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #17452 on: November 05, 2014, 10:27:31 pm »

Here's a crazy plan that probably won't work, but I felt like sharing it. Feel free to tear it apart.

[spoiler]Use the Astral Influx to switch to Riltia. After switching, grab the Influx from Ciro. Then, run outside and jump off the ship.
Then, switch back to Ciro in mid-air. Ciro, at the loss of his friend/love interest, will be so overcome with emotion that he'll
Do the blood magey thingy!.
...That...Uh...Hm. That could work. I don't think we should do it immediately, and try other avenues of progressing first, but it's something to keep in mind.
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17453 on: November 05, 2014, 10:28:27 pm »

We can only Oversoul once our soul gauge hits it's max, or even possibly it's near max.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17454 on: November 05, 2014, 10:32:11 pm »

We can only Oversoul once our soul gauge hits it's max, or even possibly it's near max.
* Elephant Parade twitches

I have refrained from commenting on this for a long, long time, but I have to say this:

You're using its/it's wrong. "It's" is a contraction of "it is" or "it has". "Its" is possessive.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17455 on: November 05, 2014, 10:33:48 pm »

Monk12 Vote Aggretator Terms and Conditions: monk12 takes no responsibility for any inaccuracy or vagueness present in any monk12 vote aggregations. Only bold votes are counted in a monk12 vote aggregation, except in the case that they are not. monk12 reserves the right to forget about unpopular or self-destructive actions while compiling a monk12 vote aggregation. It is the responsibility of the voter to ensure the accuracy and presence of their votes. monk12 vote aggregations are nonofficial and presented for entertainment purposes only. Consult your physician before casting a vote in a monk12 vote aggregation or if you become dizzy, nauseous, uneasy, or have suicidal thoughts or feelings upon viewing the results of a monk12 vote aggregation.
...+1
+1
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Quade

• Escaped Lunatic
  • Dwarves are cool. TWoOtA is cool too.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17456 on: November 05, 2014, 10:41:53 pm »

It says here that we can gain soul charge through life changing, emotional experiences. That little bit of info is essentially what my plan is riding on :P Riltia jumping off the castle of her own accord would be the trigger which produces this life-changing, soul-charging event.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2014, 10:44:29 pm by Quade »

Omeganaut

• Bay Watcher
  • eshimdomnothry (FreedomSlavery)
    • View Profile
« Reply #17457 on: November 05, 2014, 11:01:23 pm »

"It's" is a contraction of "it is" or "it has". "Its" is possessive.

+1
My extended sig
Includes the one and only !!DrunkFortress!! quote anthology.
Also: Bay 12 Archeology!  I bring the word of Bay12.  And the word is despair
I'm back, but I can't be consistant enough for games... Sorry!

RanDomino

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17458 on: November 05, 2014, 11:15:08 pm »

* Elephant Parade twitches

I have refrained from commenting on this for a long, long time, but I have to say this:

You're using its/it's wrong. "It's" is a contraction of "it is" or "it has". "Its" is possessive.
thank you, damn

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #17459 on: November 05, 2014, 11:15:52 pm »

Of course, there's the very good chance that this won't be enough Soul Charge and will just result in possibly killing a major party member for no gain, hence why I say we keep it as a backup plan rather than an instant one.
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.
Pages: 1 ... 1162 1163 [1164] 1165 1166 ... 1544