Poll

Who's excited for Warrens' return?

me
- 8 (16%)
me
- 2 (4%)
me
- 5 (10%)
help i'm trapped in a poll i don't know why i'm here i'm so scared someone please help
- 29 (58%)
me
- 6 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Pages: 1 ... 1153 1154 [1155] 1156 1157 ... 1544

Author Topic: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome ???  (Read 3899153 times)

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: Critical
« Reply #17311 on: November 02, 2014, 05:12:14 pm »

Ritalia: "Ok"
Ritalia

>2014
It's almost 2015 and still nobody can spell R I L T I A 's name right.
I pronounce it "RIL-sha"
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17312 on: November 02, 2014, 05:14:03 pm »

Ritalia: "Ok"
Ritalia

>2014
It's almost 2015 and still nobody can spell R I L T I A 's name right.
I pronounce it "RIL-sha"

oh man it is

warrens is almost 2 years old

wow

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
  • BEEP BOP READ SOLDIERMON
    • View Profile
« Reply #17313 on: November 02, 2014, 05:16:47 pm »

I thought he meant we give Ritalin to Riltia.

Wolfkit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17314 on: November 02, 2014, 05:17:57 pm »

Also, FFS shouldn't your sig say "now with less allies" now?
You wanna frisk this guy? This guy with the technicolor wonder limbs? The limbs that could probably slap you on several different levels of reality?
Your tabs are just pure chaos, Wolfkit.
Sig

Omeganaut

• Bay Watcher
  • eshimdomnothry (FreedomSlavery)
    • View Profile
« Reply #17315 on: November 02, 2014, 05:33:06 pm »

+1
My extended sig
Includes the one and only !!DrunkFortress!! quote anthology.
Also: Bay 12 Archeology!  I bring the word of Bay12.  And the word is despair
I'm back, but I can't be consistant enough for games... Sorry!

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #17316 on: November 02, 2014, 05:54:31 pm »

Because Trying to cheat the system is exactly what he expects.
What makes you say that? As far as I can tell, we really have no idea what he wants or expects, why he's doing this, why he did that, what he can do, etc.

Yeah, you have to consider that this is his dungeon. Even if it is randomly generated, every item added to it isn't a foreign element. It's just another thing he's probably made himself. Even if he didn't originally own the dungeon, he still controls what comes in and what comes out. If there's a way to cheat the system, it's pretty definite that he wouldn't allow us to have it or at least would try to gimp it.
We really don't know that either. But even if we did, Magnet Heel was forged, not found. Unless you think he's keeping tabs on everything we have at all times, there's no particular reason for him to know about it.

Okay, next time something like this happens, I'm going to GWG it, okay?
I never want to do that unless in the most dire circumstances possible.
I don't want to be a party pooper here, but I will if the needs arise.
...you're going to get into a touchy semantics-laden rant about "realism" for ten pages?

oh man it is

warrens is almost 2 years old

wow
Wow indeed.

And we still don't know anything.

+1
Oh god +1

Do not negotiate with the terrorist.
+1
Al: Quickly gather Kit Kat flecks before they float away.

We might be able to recombine them into an essence!
+1, take a moment to appreciate the gravity of the situation, then
RAGE
+1
Make it clear that Oric can either retreat or have a fight to the death...

Also, bear in mind that this might all be an elaborate trick to build the party's faith in Riltia...
+1.

I'm throwing my support behind this line of thought. +1

Let's not play by Oric's game here.
Man, I... kind of feel like we have to do this. We've already put our foot down, it feels like if we let up we'll lose KitKat and teach Oric he can bully us around for no benefit. He clearly doesn't want to kill us, else he'd do it himself and get it over with.

On the other hand, it's not like I think he's bluffing about Goombess, and I'm not even a hundred percent certain he's bluffing about Cherish, Al, or for that matter us personally (amusing note: Ciro is the one I'm least concerned about, being an essential part of the cycles and all).

So I kind of feel like just standing here and letting him bleed us out, letting him know he can't control us that way and we're defying him for real this time Dad, is our best course of option. But the problem with that is that it requires letting him take away all the stuff he feels like taking away to confirm that, possibly followed by enacting Plan B which we won't like either.

Also of note, Riltia seems to be egging us on to that option. Either she hasn't considered cheesing the system (she is an idiot, though also possibly more knowledgeable about Oric/this level than us), or this is a more significant choice than we might realize.

This is not an easy or light decision.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #17317 on: November 02, 2014, 06:18:55 pm »

Okay, first?
I had no idea GWG ever did that, I was talking about him being the one person who tried to make things a little bit saner all the time, even if he did get a bit annoying sometimes.
But on reply to that last bit? Lemme set this in order here.
We have to let him push us around, we are potentially sacrificing the lives of our close friends on some sort of petty honour system, we have to try our best to save Ritila without pissing Oric off here and insulting him again when he has the equivalent of Tawas most powerful spell is not a good plan.

We lose a lot or we have a chance of losing one and a little bit of our honour should not be that much of a tough choice there.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #17318 on: November 02, 2014, 06:23:31 pm »

This is a turning point that will forever determine whether we are truly defying Oric, or if we are just another pawn in the cog of the warrens. No matter the cost, we cannot play his game. because in the end, he makes the rules for it. So if we try to shenanigan our way out of it, and fail, then we lost kitkat for nothing, Ritalia is either dead or thoroughly betrayed, and Oric's master plan, whatever it is, will be one step closer to fruition. He expects us to try shenanigans, because that IS what we do, Otherwise we would have never recruited Riltia in the first place. That is why he gave us the ultimatum in the first place, he is trying to fix our derailment of the cycles. That and the fact that he is Lawful Evil, Meaning he will inexplicably know abut anything we try even if it doesn't make sense for him to know.

TLDR: If we Screw up shenanigans He wins even if we beat him up later because sad flashback ending.
You are now having excessive amounts of fun

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17319 on: November 02, 2014, 06:28:38 pm »

This is a turning point that will forever determine whether we are truly defying Oric, or if we are just another pawn in the cog of the warrens. No matter the cost, we cannot play his game. because in the end, he makes the rules for it. So if we try to shenanigan our way out of it, and fail, then we lost kitkat for nothing, Ritalia is either dead or thoroughly betrayed, and Oric's master plan, whatever it is, will be one step closer to fruition. He expects us to try shenanigans, because that IS what we do, Otherwise we would have never recruited Riltia in the first place. That is why he gave us the ultimatum in the first place, he is trying to fix our derailment of the cycles. That and the fact that he is Lawful Evil, Meaning he will inexplicably know abut anything we try even if it doesn't make sense for him to know.

TLDR: If we Screw up shenanigans He wins even if we beat him up later because sad flashback ending.
BUT LEST WE FORGET, The Last Seraphim, that Oric had kept mutilated and slaved away.
If we beat Oric, it'll get loose, and start feasting from different dimensions again.

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #17320 on: November 02, 2014, 06:34:59 pm »

Yeah, good point, So basically, if we screw up shenanigans, Oric gets to lord it over us since we cannot kill him without consequence. Wheras if we just outright defy him, no matter the outcome, he is pissy every time he sees us, and we can lord it over him.
You are now having excessive amounts of fun

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17321 on: November 02, 2014, 07:01:50 pm »

Bloodshape a nuke. Mutually assured destruction.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #17322 on: November 02, 2014, 07:03:13 pm »

Bloodshape a nuke. Mutually assured destruction.
NAAAAVVVVV, I can GWG this, I will.
THIS ISN'T AN IDLE THREAT HERE.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Omeganaut

• Bay Watcher
  • eshimdomnothry (FreedomSlavery)
    • View Profile
« Reply #17323 on: November 02, 2014, 07:06:37 pm »

We really are getting MAD (get it?) to be trying to nuke the place.  Didn't we already bloodshape the most powerful weapon we could as well?  Plus, I think Oric would make an Awesome roll and escape if we tried that.
My extended sig
Includes the one and only !!DrunkFortress!! quote anthology.
Also: Bay 12 Archeology!  I bring the word of Bay12.  And the word is despair
I'm back, but I can't be consistant enough for games... Sorry!

fractalman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17324 on: November 02, 2014, 08:51:44 pm »

YOU IDIOTS!

YOU WENT AND INSULTED ORIC FOR NOTHING! LESS THAN NOTHING! YOU GAVE HIM AN EXCUSE TO BLAST OUR MOST OVERPOWERED ALLY AKA KIT KAT!

*headdeskx6*

+1 gather up flecks of kit kat
+1 recall goombess to illborn exchange
+1 to stalling for time by diplomacy: in particular, ask Oric for a chance to say goodbye...[and then use the goodbye chance to slip Magnet Heel to Riltia]

Oh, and -1 to all suggestions designed to piss Oric off.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2014, 08:57:38 pm by fractalman »
This is a masterwork ledger.  It contains 3719356 pages on the topic of the precise number and location of stones in Spindlybrooks.  In the text, the dwarves are hauling.
"And here is where we get the undead unicorns. Stop looking at me that way, you should have seen the zombie deer running around last week!"
Pages: 1 ... 1153 1154 [1155] 1156 1157 ... 1544