Poll

Who's excited for Warrens' return?

me
- 8 (16%)
me
- 2 (4%)
me
- 5 (10%)
help i'm trapped in a poll i don't know why i'm here i'm so scared someone please help
- 29 (58%)
me
- 6 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Pages: 1 ... 1126 1127 [1128] 1129 1130 ... 1544

Author Topic: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome ???  (Read 3901746 times)

TealNinja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Cerol Lenslens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: headmounted slogalarm
« Reply #16906 on: October 17, 2014, 10:48:18 pm »

"Who's on first?"

Yes.

Why are you talking about bands? I'm askin' the name of the slime getting the paystub!
"I've got a plan, hear me out on this one... I want to almost murder you."
"Boy, sure wish as Queen of the entire realm I had somebody to help me out with this. Advisor, tutor, anyone who knows what the hell they're looking at really.

Alas, the life of a Queen is a lonely one. Do the things with the whatsit."

Omeganaut

• Bay Watcher
  • eshimdomnothry (FreedomSlavery)
    • View Profile
« Reply #16907 on: October 19, 2014, 12:39:02 am »

I'm working my way through and I'm thinking about FFS's question 4: Why does Oric want the Target dead?  This is supposedly answerable in the first chapter and a half, specifically it was announced during the Megaman Arena Battle.

First, lets look at when Oric and Ciro meet.  This is the only known direct quotes we have from Oric.  Oric is sarcastic to Ciro, condescending to Spira, and focused on searching out the level. Spira accidentally lets his name slip, Oric is angry that he has to act like a villian the whole time, and tells Ciro not to follow him.  He stops Ciro with some sort of magic, and when Ciro asks about his origins, Oric begins with a wierd prison analogy.  People have interpreted it as meaning Oric is recreating his original prison in his warrens.  This is wrong.

"
  "You know where you are going, but you don't care.  You have been trapped so long you know only the cell.  Exile is escape, Punishment is reward."  Oric is no ruler at all.  He's stuck here just the same as every joe schmoe.  Riltia says "recreate the prison", but that does not mean he is free.  She also says that she would know him if she worked for him, although as Ciro's rebirth amnesia proves it might take a major experience to reclaim those memories.  I'd relate it to a slave-era taskmaster where a slave would be given the task of making sure the others kept up the good work, thus getting hate from both sides.  The Mechanic, Eye, and Voice are on board, while the others must be potentially negative to the current order.  Spira obviously isn't able to control Oric, thus neither is Betweenford if he has a similar power level.  So why does Oric want the Target dead?  Answer: His bosses told him to.  The same reason he locked up the Rebel for mucking up his bosses' plan by killing the important pieces. 

Now, the real question is if we have to answer who/why Oric's bosses want us dead.  My first instinct is that they are the enemy of Betweenford and co., thus why we have regularly had help from them.  Perhaps they are supposed to be the angels, but their interference allowed Riltia to spawn neutral if not friendly to Ciro.  This also makes me wonder if Ciro is supposed to be the boss of DL7, and that DL8(+?) belongs to the mysterious masters that set the whole thing up.  Perhaps we are the only ones capable of taking them down by uniting the siblings.  Perhaps we are the only ones capable of Oversoul, which is why we can take on the masters.

Wait, looking at blue/betweenford, they mention taking betweenford back to the oversoul to heal.  So their boss is Oversouled.  Perhaps us going Oversoul took away power from the ruler/master of this place.  Maybe that was what allowed the Rebel to break free, and the fact that it ended early was because we voluntarily gave up our power to Riltia instead of it winding down another way. Just because it happened before doesn't mean Ciro got anywhere.  Especially with limited memory.  By telling all the other siblings to take on the target (except rebel for fear of "friendly fire"), perhaps they are trying to separate and eliminate the siblings

Note: I am posting before getting to chapter 3 so newer events may contradict my theory.
My extended sig
Includes the one and only !!DrunkFortress!! quote anthology.
Also: Bay 12 Archeology!  I bring the word of Bay12.  And the word is despair
I'm back, but I can't be consistant enough for games... Sorry!

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #16908 on: October 19, 2014, 01:48:56 am »

Well, we have plenty of evidence to suggest that the Angels are more neutral than good, or even evil. Also, we have confirmation that Cain (The Rebel) didn't, in fact, escape; he just turned off the power for a while, which was restored by the time we went to chat with him. Also, we've maybe found some stuff about the Oversoul, but it's vague, confusing, and possibly about something unrelated. So, all told, it isn't unlikely.
However, even if that is why Oric wants to kill Ciro, I doubt FFS would accept "Because he was told to". We'd probably need to figure out why the person giving the orders, and by prox(x)y, Oric, want Ciro dead.
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16909 on: October 19, 2014, 01:53:43 am »

cat
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #16910 on: October 19, 2014, 02:24:42 am »

But wait, why would the Big Bad want to keep them here?

Unless....

AAAAAAAAAAH
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: The Time Demon... dies ಠ_ಠ
« Reply #16911 on: October 19, 2014, 02:28:05 am »

I told you guys, this is just one giant Puella Magi Madoka Magica fanfic.
It's FEF, not FEOF

Omeganaut

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16912 on: October 19, 2014, 10:33:09 am »

So the reason his bosses want us dead is because we can kill them due to our oversoul powers.  It may possibly require the cooperation of some number of the siblings, which is why they are placed to be the main opponents.
My extended sig

fractalman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16913 on: October 19, 2014, 12:41:06 pm »

But wait, why would the Big Bad want to keep them here?

Unless....

AAAAAAAAAAH

LOL.  However, the mechanics of soul stars and soul gems are different enough that I think we can discount the possibility that Kyuubey is behind this.   Soul gems use the mechanic  "For every bit of power added to the universe, an equal amount of despair is added to the universe, and when you feel too much despair you turn evil" whereas soul stars are recharged by any strong emotion.

I told you guys, this is just one giant Puella Magi Madoka Magica fanfic.
...oh. Um...
I got nothin'.
This is a masterwork ledger.  It contains 3719356 pages on the topic of the precise number and location of stones in Spindlybrooks.  In the text, the dwarves are hauling.
"And here is where we get the undead unicorns. Stop looking at me that way, you should have seen the zombie deer running around last week!"

Calico

• Bay Watcher
  • Lurking Fanartist
    • View Profile
« Reply #16914 on: October 19, 2014, 04:59:45 pm »

it's all NAV's fault

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16915 on: October 19, 2014, 05:00:41 pm »

snip
Sir, that is disturbing. It makes me remember of many failed Spore creations.

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16916 on: October 19, 2014, 05:22:20 pm »

it looks so happyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

Omeganaut

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: Titlecrafting
« Reply #16918 on: October 19, 2014, 08:21:50 pm »

Upon further reading, the Lord referred to by Spira and acknowledge by Oric on level 3 further confirms that Oric is not independent but ruled over by another.  However, it could mean that Oric is plotting to overthrow the Lord and Ciro is there to stop him, thus being a hero, thus ruining his plans.  Perhaps he wants us dead so we can't mess up his plans like we have previous cycles.  My evidence is that the mysterious figures that turned Riltia into a Willborn mentioned being in charge of a certain number of cycles, and manipulating events to ensure that Ciro can eventually kill siblings that Oric needs for his plans.  Perhaps Oric needs a certain number of siblings alive to activate his plan, and the Lord through the quest-giving angels tries to stop it.  Oric so far hasn't found his siblings in danger thanks to our diplomancy skills.  Yet the Lord or his agents took over a search bot and deactivated Proxxy's power so that we would kill them.

After reading Cain's story, Oric supposedly took over from his old masters, yet the warrens were somewhere else...  Also, Spira confirmed as Devil's sibling, which means that the devil's children survived.  But I can't put together enough evidence from before the question to relate Spira and Betweenford and their bunch with Oric.  BUT, since Oric had to come down to DL2 himself to check things out, plus the inconsistancies during our early cycle like Rillborn, Ciro Revive, Betweenford meeting, and more, I could make a case that Oric's soulstar is no longer able to control the dungeon.  Going on information dealt out after the question, I would guess that Oric plans on using a complicated order of rebirths with specific soul-stars to regain the power he lost.  Plus, with an over soul we can theoretically put him out of the picture long enough for Betweenford's new lord to take over.  Which might be a clone of Ciro.  Because why not.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2014, 07:25:45 pm by Omeganaut »
My extended sig

Wolfkit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16919 on: October 19, 2014, 08:38:43 pm »

But then why did Oric act unhappy when he saw that Proxxy was allied with Ciro? Wouldn't he have been happy?

...Or was that just an act put on to fool Spira?
You wanna frisk this guy? This guy with the technicolor wonder limbs? The limbs that could probably slap you on several different levels of reality?
Your tabs are just pure chaos, Wolfkit.
Sig
Pages: 1 ... 1126 1127 [1128] 1129 1130 ... 1544