Poll

Who's excited for Warrens' return?

me
- 8 (16%)
me
- 2 (4%)
me
- 5 (10%)
help i'm trapped in a poll i don't know why i'm here i'm so scared someone please help
- 29 (58%)
me
- 6 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Pages: 1 ... 1099 1100 [1101] 1102 1103 ... 1544

Author Topic: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome ???  (Read 3903137 times)

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome:
« Reply #16500 on: September 19, 2014, 01:02:38 pm »

Take out the megaton hammer, he's only programmed to use the sword. It makes the fight really easy.

Alternatively, weaponshift our exchange. He shouldn't have any soul charge being a construct of magic or something I guess?
« Last Edit: September 19, 2014, 01:06:05 pm by Dermonster »
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #16501 on: September 19, 2014, 01:12:53 pm »

Capture self with Illborn exchange

Since regular Al is definitely not Illborn, it won't work on him, but theres a chance it might do something to Dark Al
It's FEF, not FEOF

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16502 on: September 19, 2014, 01:13:50 pm »

Exchange all of our loot for Darkloot!
« Last Edit: September 19, 2014, 01:21:01 pm by NAV »
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #16503 on: September 19, 2014, 02:08:07 pm »

Alternatively, weaponshift our exchange. He shouldn't have any soul charge being a construct of magic or something I guess?

+1. Let's give it a try.

ShadowStrike

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven Axe
    • View Profile
« Reply #16504 on: September 19, 2014, 02:17:41 pm »

*cough*

Dark Al is closer to the centre of the map than Al, which means that if Al tries to go right he will hit the wall, and Dark Al, in case he can guess what is happening with Al (or just use logic), will stop before even reaching the door. If Al pretends to be opening a door, there's no way Dark Al could imitate him in such way that would open it. It'd require Al to get his arm through the wall to get Dark Al opening the door, let alone getting Dark Al walking through it.

Hmmm... I was guessing just walking into the wall like an RPG character with the button held down would cause the duplicate to continue going the other way, and that doors didn't need to be opened.

Well, if it turns out to work that way, there's this tiny ledge around the pits. If Al sidles onto one of the ledges, Dark Al - being closer to the center - will be forced to sidle directly into the pit.

*cough*

I'm pretty sure this would work, unless magic (such as Dark Al floating), of course.
Anyway, if we do that we'll always (no matter what happens) get Dark Al into some odd situation in which he can't mimic us perfectly, which means that something important can happen (or not, of course).
The second best way to destroy non-serious and non-sensical posts is to dump a whole load of cold scientific facts on it.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #16505 on: September 19, 2014, 02:33:03 pm »

Spoiler: post (click to show/hide)
Yes. This is good. This is canon.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16506 on: September 19, 2014, 02:50:14 pm »

ok we've had this long enough

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16507 on: September 19, 2014, 02:56:36 pm »

Tickle Dark Al into submission.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
  • BEEP BOP READ SOLDIERMON
    • View Profile
« Reply #16508 on: September 19, 2014, 03:00:20 pm »

Capture self with Illborn exchange

Since regular Al is definitely not Illborn, it won't work on him, but theres a chance it might do something to Dark Al
IT'S NOT

WORKING[/center]

Otherwise +1 to second shift.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16509 on: September 19, 2014, 03:10:00 pm »

We're playing Alternate Dimension Warrens, now? Huh. That's pretty nifty.

We just need to create a platform on the void; Dark Al will walk into the void while we stay safe. Do we have any way to make a platform? Wait, no, Dark Al would copy that.

Maybe if we switch to the Darklock title and then to a different title, something will happen?

So, Dark Al seems to have a reversed horizontal axis. He probably doesn't have a flipped vertical axis, since then we could just walk a few steps up or down before walking by, but it's worth a shot. Walk a few steps toward the void.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2014, 03:11:55 pm by Elephant Parade »

RanDomino

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16510 on: September 19, 2014, 03:12:22 pm »

I see no reason to read further.  Bye errybody.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #16511 on: September 19, 2014, 03:38:49 pm »

Take out the megaton hammer, he's only programmed to use the sword. It makes the fight really easy.

I've never understood this suggestion.  Why avoid what is by far the best swordfight in the game?  It makes the whole Water Temple effort worth it.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16512 on: September 19, 2014, 03:40:39 pm »

Because when you're ten years old and have the strategic capability of a dishrag the 'best swordfight in the game' is really annoying.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16513 on: September 19, 2014, 03:49:32 pm »

We're playing Alternate Dimension Warrens, now? Huh. That's pretty nifty.

We just need to create a platform on the void; Dark Al will walk into the void while we stay safe. Do we have any way to make a platform? Wait, no, Dark Al would copy that.

Maybe if we switch to the Darklock title and then to a different title, something will happen?

So, Dark Al seems to have a reversed horizontal axis. He probably doesn't have a flipped vertical axis, since then we could just walk a few steps up or down before walking by, but it's worth a shot. Walk a few steps toward the void.
We already have darklock on
TURN DARKLOCK OFF, GET BLOODTHIRST, KILL DARK AL BY WALKING INTO HIM INTO SUBMISSION
« Last Edit: September 19, 2014, 03:57:14 pm by javierpwn »

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #16514 on: September 19, 2014, 03:51:39 pm »

I think we should test if Dark Al can roll differently than us, or if our rolls are always the same.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Pages: 1 ... 1099 1100 [1101] 1102 1103 ... 1544