Poll

Who's excited for Warrens' return?

me
- 8 (16%)
me
- 2 (4%)
me
- 5 (10%)
help i'm trapped in a poll i don't know why i'm here i'm so scared someone please help
- 29 (58%)
me
- 6 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Pages: 1 ... 1095 1096 [1097] 1098 1099 ... 1544

Author Topic: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome ???  (Read 3903696 times)

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome:
« Reply #16440 on: September 11, 2014, 08:27:18 pm »

I can't help to notice Dark Al has no Bulwarks active... Out of curiousity, what WOULD hapen if two pairs of Bulwarks collided?
If they both had damaging Bulwarks on, the Bulwarks would pop each other until no Bulwarks remain

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #16441 on: September 11, 2014, 09:51:17 pm »

You people are thinking too linearly. Clearly they'd merge into a superbulwark, which knowing no one master would quickly rise up and free itself.

And that is where baby iron exploding rainbow slimes come from.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #16442 on: September 11, 2014, 09:52:24 pm »

I would say Go left, dance around the Top Edge of the bridge nearing the middle. Then...
If Dark Al goes to the Top Edge: Punch Dark Al, taking advantage of piddling punch damage and trollwarks.
If Dark Al goes to the Bottom Edge: Keep going left, until we reach the door, and go through the door.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #16443 on: September 11, 2014, 10:10:43 pm »

You people are thinking too linearly. Clearly they'd merge into a superbulwark, which knowing no one master would quickly rise up and free itself.

And that is where baby iron exploding rainbow slimes come from.

The question is, could we switch to it using the Astral Influx...

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16444 on: September 12, 2014, 03:04:32 am »

Shiiiiip with Dark Al!

Wolfkit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16445 on: September 12, 2014, 07:14:05 am »

What if we can capture Dark Al with the Illborn Exchange?
« Last Edit: September 12, 2014, 07:21:19 am by Wolfkit »
You wanna frisk this guy? This guy with the technicolor wonder limbs? The limbs that could probably slap you on several different levels of reality?
Your tabs are just pure chaos, Wolfkit.
Sig

ShadowStrike

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven Axe
    • View Profile
« Reply #16446 on: September 12, 2014, 09:49:07 am »

Al: Hold the bartering ram to test wether Dark Al is able to materialize a dark version of it or not.

If Dark Al materializes it, do rock/paper/scissor with one hand, covering it by your weapon so Dark Al doesn't see your choice. After that, reveal your choice and see wether Dark Al got it right or not. Repeat 5 times (a decent ammount of times would take too long). If Dark Al guesses it right all the 5 times, we assume he can read Al's mind in order to mimic him. Otherwise, we may use the fact Dark Al needs to see what Al's doing to mimic him in our advantage somehow.

We clearly need to find a difference capable of giving us an advantage, so this has to be tested.

Edit: We may also need to find out wether Dark Al is a darkness elemental/type or not. If, by any chance, we can harm him with an element that doesn't harm us, we can easily win this.

...of course that I'm unsure about wether we actually have a good light source with us or not.

2nd Edit: Hold on! Al already has the bulwark, while Dark Al still doesn't. Is there any chance we may be able to get an advantage from Dark Al requiring some time to invoke the bulwark before imitating Al? What do you all think?

This may be too risky to test, though, because if we do, we will have to either damage ourselves, or simply lose the opportunity to use the time advantage, as it will probably disappear (I doubt that he's going to be always one turn late because of that).

3rd Edit:

walk right, pretend to open door, walk through pretend door

I didn't notice the lack of door in our side... we should try this first. +1

I have a feeling that this will only work if Dark Al is unable to imitate us in case he doesn't see us, so we can perfectly skip my second test if we ever get to doing this.

Also, now that I think of it, we could try using Illborn Exchange. Dark Al simply can't be powerful enough to mimic an artifact like that.

What if we can capture Dark Al with the Illborn Exchange?

+1

4th Edit:

And now here come two silly ideas (possibly at same tier as the Al x DarkAl)

-Telling Al (I'm not telling Al myself to do this, hence the "Telling Al" rather than "Al:") to suck a bit of Dark Al's blood with his vampire powers. Would he lose blood and gain nothing? Would he lose blood and digest the same quantity of blood he lost? Would he lose blood and digest the same mass or energy measure of dark energy/mass/element/whatever as the blood he lost?

-Telling Al to become one with the Dark Al by trying to walk into the same space as him and attempting to use the Illborn Exchange at that place.

All of this written down, I think we have a lot of !!SCIENCE!! to do... but without the fire of everything burning down, of course.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2014, 02:37:57 pm by ShadowStrike »
The second best way to destroy non-serious and non-sensical posts is to dump a whole load of cold scientific facts on it.

TherosPherae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16447 on: September 12, 2014, 02:01:00 pm »

Al: Hold your weapon to test wether Dark Al is able to materialize a dark version of it or not.
Considering that all the other conversation is about shipping, you might want to phrase that a little differently.
Quote from: Aqizzar
Being vengeance and the night could only be improved by being the ballpunching vengeful night.
Quote from: Cthulhu
Gotham's mysteriously high mental illness rate isn't so mysterious when you find out Batman thinks subduing a guy means spiking his head into the pavement like a football.

ShadowStrike

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven Axe
    • View Profile
« Reply #16448 on: September 12, 2014, 02:35:52 pm »

Al: Hold your weapon to test wether Dark Al is able to materialize a dark version of it or not.
Considering that all the other conversation is about shipping, you might want to phrase that a little differently.

Ok, I got what you ment. Thanks for calling me the attention.

Al: Hold the bartering ram to test wether Dark Al is able to materialize a dark version of it or not.

I also edited it in my OP, but I wanted to make sure the change wouldn't go unseen.

Edit: I had an idea for something Al could do in case Dark Al materializes his version of the bartering ram: What if we try to go to the mid of the map (where Al and Dark Al meet), drop the bartering ram, and pick Dark Al's bartering ram up (swapping the normal and dark bartering rams, basically)? We could check how much damage Dark Al's bartering ram does, and perhaps keep it in case it has some sort of toggleable upgrade or it is more effective against Dark Al. We could always swap them again if needed, given that Dark Al does nothing but imitating Al, right?
« Last Edit: September 12, 2014, 03:37:47 pm by ShadowStrike »
The second best way to destroy non-serious and non-sensical posts is to dump a whole load of cold scientific facts on it.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
  • BEEP BOP READ SOLDIERMON
    • View Profile
« Reply #16449 on: September 12, 2014, 02:45:21 pm »

Recruit Dark Al using the power of Perfect Heart

ShadowStrike

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven Axe
    • View Profile
« Reply #16450 on: September 12, 2014, 02:48:33 pm »

Recruit Dark Al using the power of Perfect Heart

I must +1 this.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16451 on: September 12, 2014, 03:27:58 pm »

We don't actually need a difference between Al and Dark Al to win this fight. Just punch him for 1d4 damage, retreat and heal whenever things go bad. That way when things go bad for Al, they will both retreat and heal. When things go bad for Dark Al, they will both keep fighting to the death. We will win.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

ShadowStrike

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven Axe
    • View Profile
« Reply #16452 on: September 12, 2014, 03:43:10 pm »

We don't actually need a difference between Al and Dark Al to win this fight. Just punch him for 1d4 damage, retreat and heal whenever things go bad. That way when things go bad for Al, they will both retreat and heal. When things go bad for Dark Al, they will both keep fighting to the death. We will win.

Yeah, we should try that. I was assuming that they'd get the same rolls, which we don't know yet, but the answer to wether rolls are different or the same could be given by trying. It's not like we'd die or lose anything from trying it anyway. +1

I suggest we check wether it can recreate the bartering ram , and, in case it does, swap both and check the dark version's toggleable bonus(es) before doing that, though. Sounds like it would generate some amazing !!SCIENCE!! in case the dark version isn't exactly the same as the original.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16453 on: September 12, 2014, 04:06:59 pm »

I vote ship with Dark Al.

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
« Reply #16454 on: September 12, 2014, 05:34:35 pm »

I vote ship dance battle with Dark Al.
Take a closer look at this text!