Poll

Who's excited for Warrens' return?

me
- 8 (16%)
me
- 2 (4%)
me
- 5 (10%)
help i'm trapped in a poll i don't know why i'm here i'm so scared someone please help
- 29 (58%)
me
- 6 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Pages: 1 ... 977 978 [979] 980 981 ... 1544

Author Topic: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome ???  (Read 3896962 times)

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: 2d capitalism simulator
« Reply #14670 on: April 27, 2014, 03:36:11 pm »

I'm pretty sure it was the muchroom.
Oh. Yeah...that's damn good evidence.
Except it's a Mario Mushroom. And all it does is make you bigger. Slog became both Giant, as well as having his NOT-HUNGRY abilities.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14671 on: April 27, 2014, 03:39:44 pm »

did we ever try butchering organic enemies instead of selling them to the shopkeeper wholesale.

we could toss the body parts at slog. or just sell them for more dosh since it's not raw material but something processed

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
Re: The Warrens of Oric the Awesome
« Reply #14672 on: April 27, 2014, 03:40:57 pm »

But corpse in inventory. If too big, just take either a leg or an eye

The corpse is too big for a 1x1 slot. You rip off a leg and put it in there.

We did. Once.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14673 on: April 27, 2014, 03:41:49 pm »

butchering does not require rolls. we can't even fuck this up, the plan is foolproof

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14674 on: April 27, 2014, 03:50:58 pm »

Slog isn't useless. He provides a bonus to idle activities, can use some basic magic, has an inventory, and can turn into King Slog when fed.
So does everyone, it's very basic and he sucks at using it, so does everyone, and when was the last time we had anything to feed him with? (And what's so special about King Slog? He can heal--we have Cherish for that--he continues to have Frizz which continues to suck in Slog's...um...pseudopods, and then Increase...well...it's a thing, but nothing worth spending rare things like the mushroom on.)
That doesn't make him useless. Just not very useful.

The idle boost thing will be more useful once we have more party members idling.

Hmm. You might be right, actually. I still think that feeding Slog will have some sort of effect, though. Maybe each food item turns him into a different slime?

I mean, it only said that it turns people giant. I don't think it normally modifies the skills, class, and inventory size of the consumer.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #14675 on: April 27, 2014, 05:44:09 pm »

I say next time we kill something organic, we feed it to Slog and see what happens for science. He might not actually be inherently bad; we just don't know how to make him not useless.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #14676 on: April 27, 2014, 05:51:44 pm »

Or, you know, his main strength might just being hilariously easy to recruit.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14677 on: April 27, 2014, 06:00:34 pm »

Except it's a Mario Mushroom. And all it does is make you bigger. Slog became both Giant, as well as having his NOT-HUNGRY abilities.
The abilities were from him becoming a King Slime. King Slimes are bigger than normal slimes. Ergo, it serves to reason that without becoming Giant, Slog cannot become a King Slime.

That doesn't make him useless. Just not very useful.
If he can only do the same things as any other character...better to have him than no one, but better to have anyone else than him.

I mean, it only said that it turns people giant. I don't think it normally modifies the skills, class, and inventory size of the consumer.
We don't know about that. It could also be an interaction between Slog's species and the Giant status. Presumably, other creatures with small and large versions would have similar changes if the small one ate it.

Or, you know, his main strength might just being hilariously easy to recruit.
This seems highly likely.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14678 on: April 27, 2014, 06:33:58 pm »

The abilities were from him becoming a King Slime. King Slimes are bigger than normal slimes. Ergo, it serves to reason that without becoming Giant, Slog cannot become a King Slime.
No, but he'll probably become something. I'm pretty sure that his gimmick is transforming based on what he eats.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #14679 on: April 27, 2014, 06:45:29 pm »

I think I gotta go with the both of you. He's both really easy to recruit, and can garner a multitude of forms and functions depending on what he eats. Thing is, all of his forms are temporary. Wouldn't hurt to chuck three [insert money name here] and test it, after all.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #14680 on: April 27, 2014, 06:46:52 pm »

...Elephant has a point here. The fact that he became Giant; was simply because the mushroom said so. But he did not have to become "King". That was tacked on after the fact.

Hell, we might have been using Slog all the wrong ways. Because we gave him a Giant Mushroom first to recruit him, which is already inherently magical, we missed out on FFS's cue that food makes Slog change form. I suppose it only took us two dungeons to figure that one out. O.o
BIRDS.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #14681 on: April 27, 2014, 06:58:47 pm »

I wonder if we can turn Slog into an exposition NPC if we feed him some kind of fortune cookie.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #14682 on: April 27, 2014, 07:06:36 pm »

...That would be fascinating. Hopefully we have the chance to explore that at a later date. We don't want to suggest too many things and go into Anarchy mode again.
BIRDS.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14683 on: April 27, 2014, 07:23:10 pm »

No, but he'll probably become something. I'm pretty sure that his gimmick is transforming based on what he eats.
Based on what?
"A mushroom that made him giant turned Slog, a Dragon Age slime, into the Dragon Age's kind of giant slime. Therefore, he must have other awesome forms for whatever he transforms into."

...That would be fascinating. Hopefully we have the chance to explore that at a later date. We don't want to suggest too many things and go into Anarchy mode again.
Too late.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #14684 on: April 27, 2014, 07:23:47 pm »

Dragon Quest*
It's FEF, not FEOF
Pages: 1 ... 977 978 [979] 980 981 ... 1544