Poll

Who's excited for Warrens' return?

me
- 8 (16%)
me
- 2 (4%)
me
- 5 (10%)
help i'm trapped in a poll i don't know why i'm here i'm so scared someone please help
- 29 (58%)
me
- 6 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Pages: 1 ... 972 973 [974] 975 976 ... 1544

Author Topic: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome ???  (Read 3897068 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: 2d capitalism simulator
« Reply #14595 on: April 25, 2014, 11:06:17 pm »

What we obviously need is a DRILLWHIPCHAKUSWORD-LAUNCHER

That's so insane, it just might work! It will confuse the enemy so much he/she won't know what to do!
Definitely +1, preemptive not-joke-GWG-so-don't--1-it +1, it's an actual +1.
Actual -1, seriously what's wrong with you people.

can we bloodshape a fucking ladder already
LordSlowpoke speaks reason.
The end of days is approaching.
I suppose.
+1

The drill isn't a weapon, it's a tool. 
... Yeah, and two of the Ninja Turtles carry around farm tools to fight with.
Anything is a weapon in the hands of someone who can use it.
A few things to consider.
1. Said farming tools are only weapons because the people who originally wielded them couldn't have actual weapons, because swords were inexplicably illegal.
2. The ninja turtles don't wield farm tools, they wield weapons that--unbeknownst to most fans and most likely the creators, were originally farm tools IRL.
3. Seriously, you're citing TMNT?
4. Overall...improvised weapons are improvised for a reason: They suck compared to normal weapons, and are only used because they have no access to them. We don't have that problem.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14596 on: April 25, 2014, 11:30:21 pm »

This game is supposed to be fun. Thus, I support fun actions.

That's so insane, it just might work! It will confuse the enemy so much he/she won't know what to do!
+1. If we don't like it, we can always re-absorb it.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #14597 on: April 25, 2014, 11:32:36 pm »

+1
It's FEF, not FEOF

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
« Reply #14598 on: April 25, 2014, 11:35:18 pm »

+1
+1 Since I technically didn't earlier.
Take a closer look at this text!

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #14599 on: April 25, 2014, 11:36:18 pm »

...Two? I must be forgetting something fierce, but I recall one of them using a tool, and that was the nunchaku. Which is technically just speculated at being used as a farming implement. I don't really see why it would, a sickle would probably be a lot easier.

Anyway, +1 the crazy weapon making attempt.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14600 on: April 26, 2014, 12:07:34 am »

+1
+1
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

fractalman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14601 on: April 26, 2014, 01:06:06 am »

+1
+1
-1. are you TRYING to have ciro kill himself by bloodshaping down to 0/0 health?
This is a masterwork ledger.  It contains 3719356 pages on the topic of the precise number and location of stones in Spindlybrooks.  In the text, the dwarves are hauling.
"And here is where we get the undead unicorns. Stop looking at me that way, you should have seen the zombie deer running around last week!"

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14602 on: April 26, 2014, 01:11:28 am »

-1. are you TRYING to have ciro kill himself by bloodshaping down to 0/0 health?
Ciro's a girl.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #14603 on: April 26, 2014, 01:15:06 am »

Ciro's a girl.
Although referring to her is a gender ambiguous process. He WAS a guy before. She is currently a girl, and he's at least once contemplated buying a gender switch.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

EmeraldWind

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey there, dollface...
    • View Profile
« Reply #14604 on: April 26, 2014, 02:49:12 am »

...Two? I must be forgetting something fierce, but I recall one of them using a tool, and that was the nunchaku. Which is technically just speculated at being used as a farming implement. I don't really see why it would, a sickle would probably be a lot easier.

Anyway, +1 the crazy weapon making attempt.

The nunchaku were supposedly used for crushing rice and its like. The sai were used in a similar manner to the pitchfork. Or at least that was what I was told.

The drill isn't a weapon, it's a tool. 
... Yeah, and two of the Ninja Turtles carry around farm tools to fight with.
Anything is a weapon in the hands of someone who can use it.
A few things to consider.
1. Said farming tools are only weapons because the people who originally wielded them couldn't have actual weapons, because swords were inexplicably illegal.
2. The ninja turtles don't wield farm tools, they wield weapons that--unbeknownst to most fans and most likely the creators, were originally farm tools IRL.
3. Seriously, you're citing TMNT?
4. Overall...improvised weapons are improvised for a reason: They suck compared to normal weapons, and are only used because they have no access to them. We don't have that problem.

I wasn't arguing the effectiveness, just that because something is considered a tool doesn't mean that it isn't a weapon. (In fact now that I think about it, by the loosest definition of what a tool is, all weapons are tools.)
And I'm not citing TMNT. I used it as an (silly) example, not as proof. I briefly considered Jackie Chan and his tendency to use what ever is close at hand to defend himself (as a slightly sillier example) in his movies instead.

Also though I wouldn't knock some silly suggestions, because we never know what might turn out to be a good weapon in the Warrens. We had a laser-firing dagger, so the more silly ideas might become more useful depending on what abilities they get. Somehow I think creativity will pay off in the long run... granted that doesn't necessarily extend to the ridiculous.

I think you just need to quit categorizing everything as either logical or flat-out retarded. We have got plenty of room for middle ground.
We do not suffer from insanity. We enjoy every single bit of it.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14605 on: April 26, 2014, 02:52:25 am »

The nunchaku were supposedly used for crushing rice and its like. The sai were used in a similar manner to the pitchfork. Or at least that was what I was told.

A... A parrying dagger used as a pitchfork? I... Guess I can see that, due to its shape, but I highly doubt that. Its more akin to a main gauche or a sword breaker due to it being used as a companion weapon, held in the off hand.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2014, 02:54:07 am by Xanmyral »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #14606 on: April 26, 2014, 03:10:07 am »

I have to interject on this matter.

What is fun, is subjective. What is fun, isn't always what is practical.

Right now? We need what is practical. We can have our fun later on, when we're...like, not in a predicament?

EmeraldWind

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey there, dollface...
    • View Profile
« Reply #14607 on: April 26, 2014, 03:11:04 am »

A... A parrying dagger used as a pitchfork? I... Guess I can see that, due to its shape, but I highly doubt that. Its more akin to a main gauche or a sword breaker due to it being used as a companion weapon, held in the off hand.

It could have also been the other way around too. Not that sai originated from that, but that they may have used a (not sure if this is the best word) pitchfork as an improvised sai. I can't remember quite clearly where I first heard of that.
We do not suffer from insanity. We enjoy every single bit of it.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #14608 on: April 26, 2014, 03:11:53 am »

Practical can also be fun. OK, do current suggested bloodshaping action while on the move to do current practical suggestion.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14609 on: April 26, 2014, 03:19:54 am »

It could have also been the other way around too. Not that sai originated from that, but that they may have used a (not sure if this is the best word) pitchfork as an improvised sai. I can't remember quite clearly where I first heard of that.

A pitch fork's prongs are much too long however, as the Sais are brought low and wide in order to catch and redirect assaults with a parry more easily. I don't understand why they'd sacrifice range and cut off the length instead of making it a military fork either. In mass combat, its polearms that win the day because its easier to both make and train people with.

EDIT: I guess they could shorten or remove the other two prongs, thinking on it. Looking around a bit, it seems its origin is debated as to if it originated as a weapon or as an agricultural tool. Others seem to say it was used by domestic police.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2014, 03:26:55 am by Xanmyral »
Pages: 1 ... 972 973 [974] 975 976 ... 1544