Poll

Who's excited for Warrens' return?

me
- 8 (16%)
me
- 2 (4%)
me
- 5 (10%)
help i'm trapped in a poll i don't know why i'm here i'm so scared someone please help
- 29 (58%)
me
- 6 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Pages: 1 ... 944 945 [946] 947 948 ... 1544

Author Topic: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome ???  (Read 3897477 times)

EmeraldWind

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey there, dollface...
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: The Time Demon approaches
« Reply #14175 on: April 17, 2014, 12:43:30 am »

No theorycrafting on the Cain thing?

In any scenario where I imagine you could fight Cain

Notice how FFS said "Cain", not "Willborn Cain"? This means that we can't fight Cain, which means that entering that zone will either:

1)Kill us instantly.
or
2)Have no effect because Cain can't actually do anything.

Either way, this is very interesting.

Edit: Or FFS might have decided not to type out "Willborn Cain".

Also, after TWOoTA ends, can we have Willborn Cain as a bonus boss? Because it would be a shame if that image went to waste.

FFS said " In any scenario where I imagine you could fight Cain, the very concept of Willborn would cease to exist."

Right now, we know that to become a Willborn the Soul Star must be drained of Soul Charge in some way.

No matter how we fight Cain there's not going to be an obvious way doing that apparently. Think about it, he doesn't have his Soul Star so he can't use it in anyway that will drain Soul Charge. The only way he could lose any Soul Charge would be to activate an alternative battle system, but that doesn't seem to effect him. I'm also pretty sure that alternative battle systems will always drain from the perspective character's Soul Charge (so if Cain actives dance battle, Ciro will lose Soul Charge like when Megaman activated the Tactical Battle System).

On top of that, we know that Willborn are a type of Illborn so there is a possibility that further conditions exist beyond simply losing Soul Charge (for example, both Willborn we've seen had the person experience a heavy emotion before the transformation which seemed to be reflected after the transformation... "I was always by your side." "CIIIIIIIRRRRRRO"). Plus in the case of Riltia, she didn't simply have no Soul Charge, but negative Soul Charge.

So its possible that when trying to fight Cain, we might invalidate one of those conditions leading to a normal fight (since I assume siblings won't turn into monster-type Illborn, but will be like the Underside Citizens and retain their natural form) or activate a Spirit Duel in the process.

Edit: The emphasis on COULD also bothers me. Like there's another condition here with fighting Cain AT ALL. Something tells me that if we had tried to fight Cain, we'd find we can't fight Cain right now. It probably just refers to the fact that the fight is always in theory optional.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2014, 12:49:18 am by EmeraldWind »
We do not suffer from insanity. We enjoy every single bit of it.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #14176 on: April 17, 2014, 01:13:58 am »

Could also just mean that its a very emotional fight. People do tend to get a little antsy emotionally when their lives are in mortal peril, after all. Probably doesn't say good things about any of these bunch, considering.

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #14177 on: April 17, 2014, 03:27:48 am »

Huh. I thought someone about the "E1-E7" in this (scroll to the bottom right). No theories?
.... I just thought they meant ending.
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14178 on: April 17, 2014, 04:49:39 am »

A wild stab in the dark, but the fact that the Astral Influx 'cooled' in our hands after activating Combinatorial, could mean that we're now using two elements in one - Awesome and Ice, I guess.

And another long shot, I'm guessing Horologe can use the dice of destiny to force us to reroll an attack, or maybe he's a barrier-change sorta boss. I don't know... just farting out ideas here.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2014, 04:51:10 am by Reudh »

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14179 on: April 17, 2014, 06:26:18 am »

A wild stab in the dark, but the fact that the Astral Influx 'cooled' in our hands after activating Combinatorial, could mean that we're now using two elements in one - Awesome and Ice, I guess.

And another long shot, I'm guessing Horologe can use the dice of destiny to force us to reroll an attack, or maybe he's a barrier-change sorta boss. I don't know... just farting out ideas here.
1. Or maybe it just means we've used some soul charge, as getting internal bleeding during a battle would be a bit of a design flaw with the second shift.
2. Somehow I doubt that Horologe rolls for our attack.
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolf Acolyte of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #14180 on: April 17, 2014, 06:40:15 am »

Huh. I thought someone about the "E1-E7" in this (scroll to the bottom right). No theories?
.... I just thought they meant ending.

"E-7-All"? That doesn't sound like a ending that is typical, but again, FFS.

On Cain:

It's been heavily implied that Cain hasn't died for the majority, if not all the cycles. So killing him would at least force Orics hand (assuming we survived/succeeded).
TalonisWolf has claimed the title of Sig-forger the Burning Champion of Lime Green!
GENERATION 32:
The first time you see this, copy it i

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14181 on: April 17, 2014, 06:41:19 am »

1) When we gain Charge, we feel a warm glow from the Influx. It's cooling down because we used 4 charge using Combinatorial.
2) Horolage creates these:. Meaning he gets to "try again" for a failed action.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2014, 06:43:52 am by javierpwn »

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #14182 on: April 17, 2014, 07:21:55 am »

So let's beat him before he uses it and LEWT it.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14183 on: April 17, 2014, 08:27:57 am »

I really hope his time spells don't work the way they did in my short-lived parody game, in that case, he should get 2 turns for every one we get.

...not like I'm pointing that out to make this harder for the rest of you guys or anything.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #14184 on: April 17, 2014, 09:17:24 am »

Well, since he already has moved twice...
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14185 on: April 17, 2014, 10:24:57 am »

Spoiler: Willborn Cain (click to show/hide)
Alright. I think we may need to re-theorycraft what Willborn are.
Also, I'm sad we didn't get to see flashback-Cherish.

(since I assume siblings won't turn into monster-type Illborn, but will be like the Underside Citizens and retain their natural form)
Riltia.

I really hope his time spells don't work the way they did in my short-lived parody game, in that case, he should get 2 turns for every one we get.

...not like I'm pointing that out to make this harder for the rest of you guys or anything.

Well, since he already has moved twice...
Which makes no sense, either from a game-design or from an in-universe perspective, but eh.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #14186 on: April 17, 2014, 10:28:53 am »

Why not?  First thing he casts Haste, which we can assume grants him an extra move per turn.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14187 on: April 17, 2014, 10:31:38 am »

Why not?  First thing he casts Haste, which we can assume grants him an extra move per turn.

I think he means that doesn't make sense considering Warrens has implicit combat areas. Haste would be completely useless outside of combat (which is very clearly real-time like the rest of the game but broken up into "turns" by updates).

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14188 on: April 17, 2014, 10:50:14 am »

More that he got to take an extra turn on the turn he casts Haste. Logically, it would take effect after he finishes "casting" it, ie at the end of the turn, which as a pleasant side effect means he actually has to spend some action-economy...stuff to use it.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14189 on: April 17, 2014, 11:39:23 am »

I dunno, there's precedent. FF being the big one.
Pages: 1 ... 944 945 [946] 947 948 ... 1544