Poll

Who's excited for Warrens' return?

me
- 8 (16%)
me
- 2 (4%)
me
- 5 (10%)
help i'm trapped in a poll i don't know why i'm here i'm so scared someone please help
- 29 (58%)
me
- 6 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Pages: 1 ... 940 941 [942] 943 944 ... 1544

Author Topic: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome ???  (Read 3897666 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: The Time Demon awaits
« Reply #14115 on: April 16, 2014, 03:35:13 pm »

Ah... if we used it on the demon, that'd ruin the point of trying to hire him as a merc.
Which is why we should never use the Seraph's Solace, except if we were fighting some undefeatable monster.(or seperate Oric's Star, creating Illborn Oric)
And this would be a good idea, why? Was it Riltia turning into an Illborn or Yaos turning into a Willborn that convinced you that losing one's Soul Star would not make things worse?

Might I make a suggestion?
Do not, under any circumstance, allow Horologe to come in contact with or hold a bottle full of Seraph's Solace.
Since it's "magical separation fluid", it might destroy his bond to whatever merc spell is keeping him under our command. An angry and freed Horologe probably wouldn't end well. If he ends up holding a bottle of the stuff, he might be able to pour it on himself or drink it to free himself from status as a mercenary.
I hope you know that this makes me WANT to do it. Because it does.
DAMMIT STOP BEING TOO DUMB TO LIVE.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #14116 on: April 16, 2014, 03:40:07 pm »

>Make Cherish drink Seraphs Solace
>Bloodshape saddle
>Ride willborn Cherish into battle

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Eotyrannus

• Bay Watcher
  • Here to throw dinosaurs at people
    • View Profile
« Reply #14117 on: April 16, 2014, 03:42:08 pm »

>Bloodshape saddle
...un-serious +1.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14118 on: April 16, 2014, 03:44:59 pm »

>Bloodshape saddle
weaponization of demonized main characters? I'll pass. This is too serious to use DF logic.

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolf Acolyte of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #14119 on: April 16, 2014, 03:45:54 pm »

Might I make a suggestion?
Do not, under any circumstance, allow Horologe to come in contact with or hold a bottle full of Seraph's Solace.
Since it's "magical separation fluid", it might destroy his bond to whatever merc spell is keeping him under our command. An angry and freed Horologe probably wouldn't end well. If he ends up holding a bottle of the stuff, he might be able to pour it on himself or drink it to free himself from status as a mercenary.
I hope you know that this makes me WANT to do it. Because it does.

Note: Either use Seraph's Solace as a reagent before it can be misused, or put it in a locked container that only GWG has the passcode to.

Hmmm... if we combined S.S (Pure Reagent) with Stolen Christmas (Festive Reagent), would we get the powers of Christmas? Summon Santa? Hmmm...

Ninja'd: I'm with GWG on this one.

>Bloodshape saddle

Tempting, but save for a big bad. Preferably the final boss.

Ninja'd again, see above.

Sigh. Ninja'd. Again.

>Bloodshape saddle
weaponization of demonized main characters? I'll pass. This is too serious to use DF logic.

Agreed.
TalonisWolf has claimed the title of Sig-forger the Burning Champion of Lime Green!
GENERATION 32:
The first time you see this, copy it i

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #14120 on: April 16, 2014, 04:44:38 pm »

>Bloodshape saddle
...un-serious +1.
As hilarious as this is, I'm gonna give this -1. You just know that FFS might take it as serious, and have Ciro try it.
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14121 on: April 16, 2014, 06:01:38 pm »

While we wait, I couldn't help but notice Tip #60-

"You will all die to a Sibling's hands.
Finally, the aberration will be mine."

Anyone else curious about the red bit?
TalonisWolf has claimed the title of Sig-forger the Burning Champion of Lime Green!
GENERATION 32:

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #14122 on: April 16, 2014, 06:03:40 pm »

Hm...Perhaps the entire party is aberrant in some way or another? Or maybe Ciro is always an aberration in the Cycles, rather than this being a specific example.
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14123 on: April 16, 2014, 06:10:17 pm »

But the person saying the Tip is Oric, and it says 'finally, the aberration will be mine.

How would killing us be any different from every other cycle? How would the 'aberration' be his if he killed us?

That explanation wouldn't make sense, if he merely wanted the party he would simply recruit or hire us from the start.
GENERATION 32:

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #14124 on: April 16, 2014, 07:10:29 pm »

Aeroblast will be ineffective against him if +1 armor is the same as +1 DR, since it does a lot of 1 damage point hits.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14125 on: April 16, 2014, 07:14:07 pm »

I assume the "aberration" is probably some kind of weird party Illborn fusion? I mean, Riltia died, and she certainly turned into an aberration.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14126 on: April 16, 2014, 07:25:15 pm »

>Bloodshape saddle
There are so many things wrong with that, I think I hit an overflow error.

Note: Either use Seraph's Solace as a reagent before it can be misused, or put it in a locked container that only GWG has the passcode to.
I don't think the suggestion game format allows for that, but I appreciate the thought.

Hmmm... if we combined S.S (Pure Reagent) with Stolen Christmas (Festive Reagent), would we get the powers of Christmas? Summon Santa? Hmmm...
Sounds interesting, but I'm not sure...we'd probably get a Festive healing spell or something uncool like that.

Aeroblast will be ineffective against him if +1 armor is the same as +1 DR, since it does a lot of 1 damage point hits.
Wait, Aeroblast...is 1d2's, isn't it?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14127 on: April 16, 2014, 07:38:50 pm »

It will still make the spell do 1/3 of the damage.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2014, 07:52:17 pm by NAV »
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #14128 on: April 16, 2014, 07:47:18 pm »

You're right- 1d8 d2s, which still cuts the expected damage from that chunk to 1/3.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #14129 on: April 16, 2014, 07:56:00 pm »

You're right- 1d8 d2s, which still cuts the expected damage from that chunk to 1/3.

Yeah, nuts to that.

Ciro: Stab the shit out of him with your sword!
Cherish: If Ciro takes damage, heal her

Hopefully dying in a Mercenary Duel isn't as bad as dying in the rest of the Warrens.
Pages: 1 ... 940 941 [942] 943 944 ... 1544