Poll

Who's excited for Warrens' return?

me
- 8 (16%)
me
- 2 (4%)
me
- 5 (10%)
help i'm trapped in a poll i don't know why i'm here i'm so scared someone please help
- 29 (58%)
me
- 6 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Pages: 1 ... 838 839 [840] 841 842 ... 1544

Author Topic: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome ???  (Read 3896333 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: Cain
« Reply #12585 on: March 15, 2014, 03:14:07 pm »

That sounds boring. Not even a nice resolution at the end, just sequel after sequel until the fans tire of it.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

fractalman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: MUUST UPDAATE FASTEER
« Reply #12586 on: March 15, 2014, 05:07:17 pm »

Ayup. In the end...have we considered allying with Oric, if the angels turn out to be worse?

For anyone wondering: the other ending would have been basically a truce with Proxxy releasing your friends and telling you all to scram, much like Betweenford at the start of the game. Either ending would have been unachievable with a single incorrect dialogue choice because I'm an asshole like that. Good job, I guess - you managed to engineer the exact set of actions to ally with the one enemy on DL2 you were absolutely supposed to kill.

Replace "on dl2" with "in the entire dungeon".
YES we should try to ally with oric at some point.
This is a masterwork ledger.  It contains 3719356 pages on the topic of the precise number and location of stones in Spindlybrooks.  In the text, the dwarves are hauling.
"And here is where we get the undead unicorns. Stop looking at me that way, you should have seen the zombie deer running around last week!"

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12587 on: March 15, 2014, 06:34:54 pm »

Ayup. In the end...have we considered allying with Oric, if the angels turn out to be worse?

For anyone wondering: the other ending would have been basically a truce with Proxxy releasing your friends and telling you all to scram, much like Betweenford at the start of the game. Either ending would have been unachievable with a single incorrect dialogue choice because I'm an asshole like that. Good job, I guess - you managed to engineer the exact set of actions to ally with the one enemy on DL2 you were absolutely supposed to kill.

Replace "on dl2" with "in the entire dungeon".
YES we should try to ally with oric at some point.
(we aren't supposed to kill Oric)
But yeah, it would be cool to ally with him; even though, in a twisted way, we already are, due to the pact he's made with the Seraphim. And the fact that his Star gives him power of Dominion over both the Siblings AND the Seraphim is pretty scary, considering that being in Oversoul mode probably wouldn't help us.

Also, we probably shouldn't pull down the Banners in DL4, seeing that Ecco is Prideful.

EDIT:Since we fight with Blood weapons, wouldn't attacking any creature be considered a Blood-Related activity? Which we have a +2 to.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2014, 07:01:59 pm by javierpwn »

EmeraldWind

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey there, dollface...
    • View Profile
« Reply #12588 on: March 15, 2014, 08:00:04 pm »

EDIT:Since we fight with Blood weapons, wouldn't attacking any creature be considered a Blood-Related activity? Which we have a +2 to.

I would assume not. Because using a weapon made of blood isn't really any different at using a weapon made of anything else.
Like we wouldn't expect Al to get a bonus from using a wooden sword due to Nature stat.

Now if the weapon had a special ability that might qualify.
We do not suffer from insanity. We enjoy every single bit of it.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12589 on: March 15, 2014, 08:21:22 pm »

I would assume not. Because using a weapon made of blood isn't really any different at using a weapon made of anything else.
Like we wouldn't expect Al to get a bonus from using a wooden sword due to Nature stat.
We just need to do a Shenanigans roll.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #12590 on: March 15, 2014, 08:28:23 pm »

Everything can be solved with Shenanigans rolls.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12591 on: March 15, 2014, 09:47:54 pm »

Theoretically, I suppose. Somewhere or another, though, I've proved that we can't simultaneously do everything with shenanigans rolls.
Sig

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12592 on: March 15, 2014, 09:54:56 pm »

Theoretically, I suppose. Somewhere or another, though, I've proved that we can't simultaneously do everything with shenanigans rolls.
Obviously that means we need to do a shenanigans roll to discredit or circumvent your proof :P
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12593 on: March 15, 2014, 10:17:12 pm »

Obviously that means we need to do a shenanigans roll to discredit or circumvent your proof :P
I'm pretty sure that's impossible. I'd have to check.
Sig

fractalman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12594 on: March 16, 2014, 11:08:52 am »

I'd bet it boils down to either the game master eventually saying "No, you may NOT attempt this (because you have no points in cheating)", or an ever worsening insanity penalty. 
This is a masterwork ledger.  It contains 3719356 pages on the topic of the precise number and location of stones in Spindlybrooks.  In the text, the dwarves are hauling.
"And here is where we get the undead unicorns. Stop looking at me that way, you should have seen the zombie deer running around last week!"

EmeraldWind

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey there, dollface...
    • View Profile
« Reply #12595 on: March 16, 2014, 02:18:55 pm »

I'd bet it boils down to either the game master eventually saying "No, you may NOT attempt this (because you have no points in cheating)", or an ever worsening insanity penalty.

I think the whole idea of attempting to do complicated near-impossible things would probably occur an insanity penalty right off the bat. Plus I would assume the more complicated the plan the more liberty FFS will have with the failure.
We do not suffer from insanity. We enjoy every single bit of it.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #12596 on: March 16, 2014, 02:32:49 pm »

Cheating is the key to winning however, remember that. Doing things as is expected is not the way to an easy victory, that much has been said 'fore and 'fore again. But in order to cheat right one must cheat smart however, its all in how one does it.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #12597 on: March 16, 2014, 02:40:40 pm »

Cheating is the key to winning however, remember that. Doing things as is expected is not the way to an easy victory, that much has been said 'fore and 'fore again. But in order to cheat right one must cheat smart however, its all in how one does it.
There's a relevant quote I like which goes something like:

"Watching someone break all the rules can be a lot more interesting than watching someone who doesn't know what the rules are."

In essence, you need to understand what you're trying to cheat before you can cheat it. That's why we have no idea how to beat the Warrens or Oric or "the cycle" at the moment- we don't really know what they are or how they work, so we're not sure which parts we're trying to break or why. As some people have alluded to, we're not even positive we want to break or beat anything in particular down here.

Also is anyone else a little ಠ_ಠ that Cain probably single-handedly tripled our knowledge of Warrens lore with a single short story in exchange for delivering a message to someplace we were almost assuredly going to go anyway?

Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

fractalman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12598 on: March 16, 2014, 02:49:44 pm »

Come to think of it, I WAS a little puzzled as to why everyone seemed to assume cain was telling the truth-as-he-saw-it. 

FF makes a distinction between shenanigans (abusing save/restore points, combining items with ropes, shotgunning lazor turrets while taking cover) and outright cheating (attempting to directly set our hp to 9001).

The former is doable, encouraged, and even required; the second results in the whole "no points in cheating".

Although, come to think of it, was there ever a majority voting for "put points into cheating" whenever we had a stat point available?

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
« Reply #12599 on: March 16, 2014, 03:03:07 pm »

Although, come to think of it, was there ever a majority voting for "put points into cheating" whenever we had a stat point available?
Don't think so.
Someone just needs to set their soul class or whatever it's called to Ultimate Cheater or something of the like.
Pages: 1 ... 838 839 [840] 841 842 ... 1544