Poll

Who's excited for Warrens' return?

me
- 8 (16%)
me
- 2 (4%)
me
- 5 (10%)
help i'm trapped in a poll i don't know why i'm here i'm so scared someone please help
- 29 (58%)
me
- 6 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Pages: 1 ... 793 794 [795] 796 797 ... 1544

Author Topic: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome ???  (Read 3895444 times)

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: "Home" again
« Reply #11910 on: March 02, 2014, 09:47:51 pm »

What is a ritual spell like the one Milli had exactly? Is it just a name or is there a mechanic difference from the regular spells.
It's FEF, not FEOF

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11911 on: March 02, 2014, 09:49:23 pm »

Is there a method of removing soul-binding from skills/items?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11912 on: March 02, 2014, 09:49:59 pm »

I call bluff and counter with a theory. The powers of one soul increases when in a heightened state, such as Oversoul Mode. If and when we ever Oversoul, we must use our Second Shift.

That... Or they feed off the souls of enemies when they are killed by it. Murder souls ho!
Let's test this.

What, exactly, does it mean to clear a level?
Aside from checkpoints and the obvious single staircase or whatever between levels, how many methods are there of going between levels?
Is the game-linking system still potentially a thing? If so, what types of games are eligible?
What universes can potentially get crossovers with this through the Arena or mercenaries? Marvel/DC multiverses? Disney Animated Canon? The Wormverse?

1. It means the level is cleared.

2. There is a third way to go between levels, but it's not exactly ideal.

3. No.

4. I'm keeping it to the source material Warrens parodies: video games. Anything that crosses over will have originated in video game form. No Buffyverse.

What is a ritual spell like the one Milli had exactly? Is it just a name or is there a mechanic difference from the regular spells.

Ask the robot with the ritual staff. Seems like he'd know.

Is there a method of removing soul-binding from skills/items?

Yeah, but I doubt it'll ever happen.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #11913 on: March 02, 2014, 09:51:38 pm »

Well, I'm amused by that answer. Now for a serious one: what happens to a person's soul star when they go illborne, or become something else such as a willborne or what have you?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11914 on: March 02, 2014, 09:52:33 pm »

4. I'm keeping it to the source material Warrens parodies: video games. Anything that crosses over will have originated in video game form. No Buffyverse.
Does the video game have to be the original material? Does it have to be a major source of stuff, or well-known?

For instance, is Jurassic Park: Trespasser a potential source of stuff? How about Big Rigs: Over The Road Racing? How about one of those little fan video games?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #11915 on: March 02, 2014, 09:53:05 pm »

Is there a particular reason each persons soulstar does what they do? As in are they related to the owner? Or is it just based on whats most convenient to gameplay?
It's FEF, not FEOF

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11916 on: March 02, 2014, 09:55:16 pm »

I betcha pouring some Seraph's Solace into your Soulbound skills would do nice to seperate the Soul Binding :D

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11917 on: March 02, 2014, 09:58:49 pm »

(Can't find it so I'm asking everyone.) How do the class skills work?

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11918 on: March 02, 2014, 10:02:55 pm »

(Can't find it so I'm asking everyone.) How do the class skills work?
You must gain a Max level(+5) in a skill to gain a new class skill. Requires a Stat Block, and 5 stat points for a new skill.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11919 on: March 02, 2014, 10:03:23 pm »

Does the video game have to be the original material? Does it have to be a major source of stuff, or well-known?

1. Yes. 2. No.

You'll see popularity/source bias because I grew up with Nintendo games as a kid. It's what I know inside and out. Not everything, but a lot of it. Warrens, even outside of the crossovers, is very heavily influenced by those games. Ciro's rant about block puzzles was based on nothing in-world but very directly influenced by Legend of Zelda. It's something probably anyone who has played those games would understand.

Is there a particular reason each persons soulstar does what they do? As in are they related to the owner? Or is it just based on whats most convenient to gameplay?

Each soul star is completely, deliberately intended for the person who "owns" it. As for what that entails exactly, can't say.

Well, I'm amused by that answer. Now for a serious one: what happens to a person's soul star when they go illborne, or become something else such as a willborne or what have you?

It's obvious to anyone with a brain at this point that I'm just bullshitting or evading every legitimate plot-relevant question.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #11920 on: March 02, 2014, 10:05:21 pm »

...what ships does Oric support?
It's FEF, not FEOF

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11921 on: March 02, 2014, 10:11:22 pm »

1. Yes. 2. No.
So, video game adaptations of other things can't show up? Darn.

It's obvious to anyone with a brain at this point that I'm just bullshitting or evading every legitimate plot-relevant question.
Only at this point?

OricxEvery Attractive Female Character?
Sig

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11922 on: March 02, 2014, 10:13:02 pm »

He ships FifthxSixth but is aggressively anti-ThirdxFourth. Thus the desync. This means nothing yet.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #11923 on: March 02, 2014, 10:13:20 pm »

So the cathedral and Illborn exchange are based off SMT yes?
It's FEF, not FEOF

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11924 on: March 02, 2014, 10:15:01 pm »

He ships FifthxSixth but is aggressively anti-ThirdxFourth. Thus the desync. This means nothing yet.
It would mean something if we knew what the sibling order was.
Sig
Pages: 1 ... 793 794 [795] 796 797 ... 1544