Poll

Who's excited for Warrens' return?

me
- 8 (16%)
me
- 2 (4%)
me
- 5 (10%)
help i'm trapped in a poll i don't know why i'm here i'm so scared someone please help
- 29 (58%)
me
- 6 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Pages: 1 ... 747 748 [749] 750 751 ... 1544

Author Topic: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome ???  (Read 3897314 times)

b_knight286

• Bay Watcher
  • ....huh?
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: And That's What Shopkeepers Do
« Reply #11220 on: January 29, 2014, 01:19:32 am »

Al: Get more back strength/inventory slots due to constantly carrying tons of stuff, like the giant bartering ram.  Be immune to hernias.

ShadowStrike

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven Axe
    • View Profile
« Reply #11221 on: January 29, 2014, 09:04:05 am »

Yeah, trouble is WE'RE ON AN ANTI-MAGIC FLOOR.
Also storage packed up when we all went into the water and we're short on spare inventory space. whoops.
Actually, the only thing which stops us from combining the Burro with the weapon is (other than opposing votes) the fact Riltia's not with us right now.

Al: Get more back strength/inventory slots due to constantly carrying tons of stuff, like the giant bartering ram.  Be immune to hernias.
+1
The second best way to destroy non-serious and non-sensical posts is to dump a whole load of cold scientific facts on it.

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11222 on: January 29, 2014, 10:24:47 pm »

Did we ever scan Riltia? If not can we basically assume Dumb Fighter Strength is her level 0 passive? Doesn't seem like it would be a common ability for how useful it is. I'd suggest we try bloodshape power gauntlets or something normally but anti magic. So yeah.
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

ShadowStrike

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven Axe
    • View Profile
« Reply #11223 on: January 30, 2014, 05:15:12 pm »

Did we ever scan Riltia? If not can we basically assume Dumb Fighter Strength is her level 0 passive? Doesn't seem like it would be a common ability for how useful it is. I'd suggest we try bloodshape power gauntlets or something normally but anti magic. So yeah.
I believe that, with advanced magic and blood skills, we would be able to use blood to buff Ciro with Dumb Fighter Strength. At least by taking blood out, changing its properties, and drinking it or putting it back in.
The second best way to destroy non-serious and non-sensical posts is to dump a whole load of cold scientific facts on it.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11224 on: January 30, 2014, 05:16:47 pm »

dungeon crawl stone soup addiction has come back in full force

don't expect any updates soon

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #11225 on: January 30, 2014, 05:43:52 pm »

Huh. The same thing has been happening to me.
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

RanDomino

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11226 on: January 30, 2014, 09:20:14 pm »

Oh?  Did they end their spell of madness of ditching popular fantasy characters and replacing them with weird shit with increasingly-unlikely limb combinations bc lol wat if u culd onlee ware ringes??  BUTT U HVE LIEK SEVEN OV DEM!!!

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #11227 on: January 30, 2014, 09:27:06 pm »

Expect yaktaurs to murder us when we do get an update.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #11228 on: January 30, 2014, 09:27:08 pm »

Oh?  Did they end their spell of madness of ditching popular fantasy characters and replacing them with weird shit with increasingly-unlikely limb combinations bc lol wat if u culd onlee ware ringes??  BUTT U HVE LIEK SEVEN OV DEM!!!
Afraid not. They still have Octopodes. Really, though, I think they're starting to run out of popular fantasy characters :P
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #11229 on: January 31, 2014, 04:25:51 am »

yaktaurs
So... yakbulls?

arghblargh grammar nazi rage

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11230 on: January 31, 2014, 08:30:28 am »

yaktaurs
So... yakbulls?
Which brings me to a question I've sometimes wondered...
What are the etymological roots of "centaur" and "minotaur," and are they related? I kinda doubt "centaur" is derived from "hundred" and "bull"...
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #11231 on: January 31, 2014, 11:12:53 am »

Minotaur comes from its not-father Minos, combined with the word for bull. Google says Centaur is derived from a tribe of horse riders called the Kentaros by the greeks.
It's FEF, not FEOF

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #11232 on: January 31, 2014, 11:18:35 am »

yaktaurs
So... yakbulls?
What are the etymological roots of "centaur" and "minotaur," and are they related? I kinda doubt "centaur" is derived from "hundred" and "bull"...
"Minotaur" basically means "Bull of Minos". I'm going to ignore why this is relevant except anybody familiar with the basic tenets of Greek mythology probably knows it.

As for "centaur", I'll let wikipedia handle it:
The Greek word kentauros is generally regarded as of obscure origin.[19] The etymology from ken – tauros, "piercing bull-stickers" was a euhemerist suggestion in Palaephatus' rationalizing text on Greek mythology, On Incredible Tales (Περὶ ἀπίστων): mounted archers from a village called Nephele eliminating a herd of bulls that were the scourge of Ixion's kingdom.[20] Another possible related etymology can be "bull-slayer".[21] Some[who?] say that the Greeks took the constellation of Centaurus, and also its name "piercing bull", from Mesopotamia, where it symbolized the god Baal who represents rain and fertility, fighting with and piercing with his horns the demon Mot who represents the summer drought.

dawnstar

• Bay Watcher
  • Chaos, panic, disorder...my work here is done.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11233 on: January 31, 2014, 01:06:50 pm »

yaktaurs
So... yakbulls?
"Minotaur" basically means "Bull of Minos". I'm going to ignore why this is relevant except anybody familiar with the basic tenets of Greek mythology probably knows it.

As for "centaur", I'll let wikipedia handle it:
The Greek word kentauros is generally regarded as of obscure origin.[19] The etymology from ken – tauros, "piercing bull-stickers" was a euhemerist suggestion in Palaephatus' rationalizing text on Greek mythology, On Incredible Tales (Περὶ ἀπίστων): mounted archers from a village called Nephele eliminating a herd of bulls that were the scourge of Ixion's kingdom.[20] Another possible related etymology can be "bull-slayer".[21] Some[who?] say that the Greeks took the constellation of Centaurus, and also its name "piercing bull", from Mesopotamia, where it symbolized the god Baal who represents rain and fertility, fighting with and piercing with his horns the demon Mot who represents the summer drought.
No!!! Don't you know Wikipedia is always wrong except for whin it isn't wich is never

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11234 on: January 31, 2014, 01:29:09 pm »

Quote from: Wikipedia (1 (number))
One is the integer before two and after zero. One is the first non-zero number in the natural numbers as well as the first odd number in the natural numbers.
Any number multiplied by one is that number, as one is the identity for multiplication. As a result, one is its own factorial, its own square, its own cube, and so on. One is also the empty product, as any number multiplied by one is itself.
Quote from: Wikipedia (Civil war)
A civil war is a war between organized groups within the same state or republic,[1] or, less commonly, between two countries created from a formerly united state.[2]
Quote from: Wikipedia (Blue)
Blue is the colour of the clear sky and the deep sea.[2] On the optical spectrum, blue is located between violet and green.[3]
Quote from: Wikipedia (Maryland)
Maryland is
Quote from: Wikipedia (Mars)
The red-orange appearance of the Martian surface is caused by iron(III) oxide, more commonly known as hematite, or rust.[30] It can also look butterscotch,[31] and other common surface colors include golden, brown, tan, and greenish, depending on minerals.[31]
Quote from: Wikipedia (The Wind in the Willows)
The Wind in the Willows is a classic of children's literature by Kenneth Grahame, first published in 1908.
Quote from: Wikipedia (Dwarf Fortress)
Reviews of Dwarf Fortress have focused on its deep content and rich gameplay; Gamasutra explained that the scope of the game "defies belief", while PC Gamer commented that it produces "some of the most amazing stories in gaming".[4][url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dwarf_fortress#cite_note-gamasutra-4http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dwarf_fortress#cite_note-pcgamer-18][18] Cracked.com has summarized the game as "[the micromanagement of] a collection of absent-minded, depressed, alcoholic midgets with beards into building an underground house in the middle of a hostile wilderness."[19]
Quote from: Wikipedia (Reality)
Reality is the state of things as they actually exist, rather than as they may appear or might be imagined.[1]
I suspect that you are incorrect, dawn. But do you want me to continue anyways?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.
Pages: 1 ... 747 748 [749] 750 751 ... 1544