Poll

Who's excited for Warrens' return?

me
- 8 (16%)
me
- 2 (4%)
me
- 5 (10%)
help i'm trapped in a poll i don't know why i'm here i'm so scared someone please help
- 29 (58%)
me
- 6 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Pages: 1 ... 745 746 [747] 748 749 ... 1544

Author Topic: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome ???  (Read 3897519 times)

ShadowStrike

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven Axe
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: And That's What Shopkeepers Do
« Reply #11190 on: January 27, 2014, 09:53:25 am »

yeah, that too.
change of plan:
Loot corpse, take glass shards, take combining machine as the "combiner column" to compliment the bartering ram, THEN tactical diplomacy shopkeeper. 
Create new variant of Tactical Diplomacy -> Peaceful and Diplomatic Negotiation, which has no risk of starting a fight at all.
Then do what Fractal said, except for the tactical diplomacy part, which is changed to PaD Negotiation.
The second best way to destroy non-serious and non-sensical posts is to dump a whole load of cold scientific facts on it.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11191 on: January 27, 2014, 01:42:16 pm »

Oh, and by the way, we should apologize to the shopkeeper about standing on his head. Just in case, y'know?

Anyway, let's grab what's little's left of that Burro.
Attempt to sell the Fusion Machine.  Failing that, flip it over eastwise so it triggers the trap in front of the door.
So. Part 1 ended considerably worse than my idea would have. Part 2 ended considerably better.

Everyone: Holy shit
This but also loot the Burro. I don't care if it has no valuables, I said loot it, not take its stuff.

Also broken glass for reagents, yes.

+1
+1
+1

(Dumb Fighter Strength: 11) Al and Cherish lack the requisite Dumb Fighter Strength required to pull the (massive) Burro up by its limp feelers. Alas, the critter is resilient. You and Goom-bess sell the broken Fusion Machine as a sign of goodwill. The Shopkeeper gives you twenty Pence for it.

yeah, that too.
change of plan:
Loot corpse, take glass shards, take combining machine as the "combiner column" to compliment the bartering ram, THEN tactical diplomacy shopkeeper. 

You just sold the Fusion Machine and the indistinguishable shards of the jar!

Spoiler: Party (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 27, 2014, 01:47:08 pm by freeformschooler »

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #11192 on: January 27, 2014, 01:45:05 pm »

Cut off the visible bits of the Burro and loot them.  Toss one on the trap in from of the east door to trigger it.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #11193 on: January 27, 2014, 01:45:20 pm »

Use the sword portion of the Bartering Ram to chop off the burros tentacles and take those. Then try stabbing the sword bit into there like a shovel. Even if you can't pry it out you might be able to cut more chunks off deeper in that you can take.
It's FEF, not FEOF

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11194 on: January 27, 2014, 01:45:49 pm »

Weren't the glas shards separate from the fusion machine, due to formerly being a Big Jar?
And if not, where the heck did the Jar go?

Everyone: Combine your smart non-fighter weaknesses into enough dumb fighter strength to remove the burro!
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

fractalman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Warrens of Oric the Awesome
« Reply #11195 on: January 27, 2014, 02:07:22 pm »

Weren't the glas shards separate from the fusion machine, due to formerly being a Big Jar?

Everyone: Combine your smart non-fighter weaknesses into enough dumb fighter strength to remove the burro!
Uh, no, the glass shards came from the "lid" of the fusion machine.   :(

First choice: Tactical diplomacy the shopkeeper already so we can carry him around. We get shopkeeper, we...kinda win.  at least for this floor.

Second choice:
Throw a coin at the door. See what happens.
Standard trap checking procedure since page 1...except do 2 coins in one turn to avoid the insanity penalty on repeated rolls.
This is a masterwork ledger.  It contains 3719356 pages on the topic of the precise number and location of stones in Spindlybrooks.  In the text, the dwarves are hauling.
"And here is where we get the undead unicorns. Stop looking at me that way, you should have seen the zombie deer running around last week!"

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11196 on: January 27, 2014, 02:09:23 pm »

Vivisect the Burro! We must learn how it can attack from anywhere!
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11197 on: January 27, 2014, 02:12:31 pm »

Uh, no, the glass shards came from the "lid" of the fusion machine.   :(.
See the second inquiry.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

fractalman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11198 on: January 27, 2014, 03:39:43 pm »

[snip]
See the second inquiry.

I'm Pretty sure we snagged that.  Where's our most recent inventory checkup?
This is a masterwork ledger.  It contains 3719356 pages on the topic of the precise number and location of stones in Spindlybrooks.  In the text, the dwarves are hauling.
"And here is where we get the undead unicorns. Stop looking at me that way, you should have seen the zombie deer running around last week!"

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11199 on: January 27, 2014, 03:42:27 pm »

Several posts above this one. No big jar.
Sig

fractalman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11200 on: January 27, 2014, 03:58:16 pm »

Ah. missed it, somehow...
We should have either the flask, or glass shards from the flask.  If FF does not fix this glitch in the matrix, abort all other plans and investigate the last known manifestation: the "duplicated" glass in the wall.

Otherwise, tactical diplomacy the shopkeeper.

« Last Edit: January 28, 2014, 12:56:07 pm by fractalman »

ShadowStrike

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven Axe
    • View Profile
« Reply #11201 on: January 27, 2014, 04:31:29 pm »

Before anyone suggests to go through the door to the right, be careful... there's a rectangular platform in front of it, and it might be a trap. I don't think it could be anything positive...
« Last Edit: January 27, 2014, 04:33:19 pm by ShadowStrike »
The second best way to destroy non-serious and non-sensical posts is to dump a whole load of cold scientific facts on it.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #11202 on: January 27, 2014, 04:34:54 pm »

Before anyone suggests to go through the door to the right, be careful... there's a rectangular platform in front of it, and it might be a trap. I don't think it could be anything positive...
Deploy Christmas rug on the trap. It's useless otherwise anyway. Make sure that while deploying, everyone else stands on the buy mat. (Don't want to risk things)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #11203 on: January 27, 2014, 04:35:10 pm »

Hence:

Cut off the visible bits of the Burro and loot them.  Toss one on the trap in from of the east door to trigger it.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11204 on: January 27, 2014, 04:36:52 pm »

Deploy Christmas rug on the trap. It's useless otherwise anyway. Make sure that while deploying, everyone else stands on the buy mat. (Don't want to risk things)

NOPE

We will carry this rug on us at all times.

just trust me on this you bloody nerd
Pages: 1 ... 745 746 [747] 748 749 ... 1544