Poll

Who's excited for Warrens' return?

me
- 8 (16%)
me
- 2 (4%)
me
- 5 (10%)
help i'm trapped in a poll i don't know why i'm here i'm so scared someone please help
- 29 (58%)
me
- 6 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Pages: 1 ... 658 659 [660] 661 662 ... 1544

Author Topic: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome ???  (Read 3894763 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: 1000 excuses for not updating
« Reply #9885 on: November 06, 2013, 11:32:04 am »

We shouldn't judge a whole genre by the overwhelming majority. If we did, all fiction would be horrible.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #9886 on: November 06, 2013, 11:43:57 am »

We shouldn't judge a whole genre by the overwhelming majority. If we did, all fiction would be horrible.
Completely true, I have in my wanderings, discovered many a good fanfic, for everything from Back to the future too Hunger games, anything can be done right, it's just the frequency of rightness that changes.
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

RanDomino

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9887 on: November 06, 2013, 06:01:09 pm »

"Ciro and Slog and Al and Riltia had finally made it to the bottom level of the Warrens of Oric the Awesome.  Then they met Oric the Awesome.  'Foolish heroes, I will defeat you,' said Oric.  'No you won't,' said Ciro.  Then Ciro shot Oric with hir Bloodzooka.  'Oh no, you have defeated me,' said Oric.  'Hooray,' said Al and Riltia.  'Blorble,' said Slog.

Then they boned."

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9888 on: November 06, 2013, 06:59:14 pm »

"Ciro and Slog and Al and Riltia had finally made it to the bottom level of the Warrens of Oric the Awesome.  Then they met Oric the Awesome.  'Foolish heroes, I will defeat you,' said Oric.  'No you won't,' said Ciro.  Then Ciro shot Oric with hir Bloodzooka.  'Oh no, you have defeated me,' said Oric.  'Hooray,' said Al and Riltia.  'Blorble,' said Slog.

Then they boned."

11/10 BEST FANFIC EVAR

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #9889 on: November 06, 2013, 07:12:35 pm »

This is basically what Sturgeon's Law says?

Quote from: TvTropes
Sturgeon's Law is particularly obvious when the barriers to entry — the whims of publishers — are removed. Self-publishing, especially in the virtually cost-free environment of the Internet, makes the cruddy 90% visible to the public; it no longer languishes in an aspiring writer's desk drawer. This often leads to the false impression that Fan Fic attracts poor writers; the fact is that the poor writers have always been out there, but until recently, their poor writing had few outlets to the public.
Quote from: TvTropes
Ghetto Corollary: A "respectable" genre will always be judged by the 10% of good works, but a stigmatized genre will always be judged by the 90% of bad works.

Actually wait we need to survive a hiatus, I'll link to TvTropes directly. I'd write some really shitty fanfic too but sadly my wordcount is claimed by NaNo.

Also RanDomino 9/10 far too much punctuation not enough caps

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9890 on: November 06, 2013, 07:20:28 pm »

FANFIC BEGIN: THE DEATH OF COOL KRAB
==========

oric was in a dungeon and he got this cool sord and then he was like 'hey cool crab wana fight' and they fighted and ciro was better fight and ciro killed cool krab and then he was like o no i killed the crab and then oric was like I THOUGHT COOL CRAB WASS COL and then ciro killed oric and story end

I HOPE YOU ENJOY I STORY

RanDomino

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9891 on: November 06, 2013, 07:41:20 pm »

7/10, too sad, obv Hamlet ripoff, also giving yours a lower rating makes mine look better

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9892 on: November 06, 2013, 07:51:46 pm »

7/10, too sad, obv Hamlet ripoff, also giving yours a lower rating makes mine look better
U MEAN ITS CALLED INSPRATON

But seriously, I wasn't thinking about Hamlet at all when I was writing this. I barely even know Hamlet's plot. There's a guy who kills himself or something after killing another guy.

SomeStupidGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • Just strummin' right along...
    • View Profile
« Reply #9893 on: November 06, 2013, 07:57:00 pm »

But seriously, I wasn't thinking about Hamlet at all when I was writing this. I barely even know Hamlet's plot. There's a guy who kills himself or something after killing another guy.
You forgot about the skull bit. That's like the most important part. :v
Except not really. I don't think. Maybe. Braining is hard.
Your favorite pinko progressive nerd-gal. Probably.

nightcrafter27

• Bay Watcher
  • Extrapolator Extrodinator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9894 on: November 06, 2013, 08:02:14 pm »

Alas, poor Slog, I knew him well.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9895 on: November 06, 2013, 08:22:16 pm »

Two quick questions. One: Are you serious? Two: Would you be interested in a summary of Hamlet?

Alas, poor Slog, I knew him, Horatio.
FTFY.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Cerol Lenslens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9896 on: November 06, 2013, 08:43:27 pm »

Guys, I totally found this on fanfiction.biz. The TWoOtA fandom seems to be taking off:

TWoOtA is Stuck in a Room!!!

by MindyLou1516

CiSl RiCh PrCC YaLich SpBtw OrAl OrOC AlOC 4ever

TWoOtA is totally owned by me, MindyLou1516! j/k!!!! for realsies it is owned by FFS plz do not sue! Princess MindyLou1516 is an ORIGINAL CHARACTER and is owned by me so no stealing~! I'M LOOKING AT YOU!

Oh, and I made some tiny changes to the charcaters so that my plot will work. In this ficcie they are all in High School in London instead of a dungeon, and Oric is the handsome homeroom teacher!

-------------------------////////CHAPTER 1: THE BEGINNING///////------------------

So all the TWoOtA guys are strapped in a blank white room! With no doors!?!

Ciro: "ARRRRGH I am going crazy! Let me out of this blank white room!"

Riltia: "NO, U CAN'T! I AM THE YANDERE TRIANGLE! I AM THE ONLY ONE ALLOWED TO GO CRAZY!" *Kills Ciro*

Slog: *Eats CheetOs*

Al: *Is playing Pokemon!* "Woo hoo! I beat Sabrina!"

Oric: "Well, since we are stuck in here, we should totally make out! I call dibs on Princess MindyLou1516!"

Princess MindyLou1516: *Turns red!!!* "Baka gaijin nekomimi BAKA!! We can't! Not when everyone is watching!"

Oric: "But Princess MindyLou1516! Ever since u were transferred into my class, I have become a changed man! I have renounced evil and pine only for ur love!!! I don't care if everyone knows it! I LOVE U PRINCESS MINDYLOU1516!!" *Orics luscious lips came closer and closer to my own!*

Al: "I too, was once a jerk, but no longer thanks to u! Also I have been cured of vampirism by the power of ur love? I LOVE U2 PRINCESS MINDYLOU1516!!!" *Al also geyts ready to kiss me!?!?*

Slog: *Eats CheetOs*

----------------------------------////////END OF CHAPTER ONE///////------------------------------------

Oh no!! Cliffy! "-_0" What will Princess MindyLou1516 do now that two hunks are trying to kiss her at same time?!?

Oh, and there was a typo, but I can't figure out how to change what I wrote? I accidentally typed 'me' where I meant to type 'Princess MindyLou1516'. It was an honest mistake and she is totally not a self-insertion character, and I wish u guys would STOP CALLING HER TAHT!!!!!!!

Please Like and give feedback! Nice comments will get u more of this fic, and maybe u might show up in future chapters, but flames will be IGNORED AND REPORTED TO THE SITE MODS!!!! Feedback trolls TOTALLY RUINED my MLP/Sonic/Amxu fic by saying MEAN THINGS about my OC, and I don't want to see that here!
"I've got a plan, hear me out on this one... I want to almost murder you."
"Boy, sure wish as Queen of the entire realm I had somebody to help me out with this. Advisor, tutor, anyone who knows what the hell they're looking at really.

Alas, the life of a Queen is a lonely one. Do the things with the whatsit."

SomeStupidGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • Just strummin' right along...
    • View Profile
« Reply #9897 on: November 06, 2013, 08:46:34 pm »

Two quick questions. One: Are you serious? Two: Would you be interested in a summary of Hamlet?
The answer to both of those questions is a resounding 'Not in the slightest, dragon-amigo.'
I'm aware that Yorick's skull doesn't really have much plot significance in Hamlet other than giving Hamlet a chance to wax philosophical (I really love using this phrase, by the way (it makes my soul sing :D )) about death and all that fun stuff.
I was just saying that because going from the way Hamlet is portrayed, it seems that a ton of silly people seem to think it's that important.

For more info on my lack of sincerity, highlightificate my post.

Guys, I totally found this on fanfiction.biz. The TWoOtA fandom seems to be taking off:
Beautiful clearly real wordage.
Ah, that's just amazing. Truly, fanfic is the greatest of mediums.
Your favorite pinko progressive nerd-gal. Probably.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #9898 on: November 06, 2013, 08:53:55 pm »

I was gonna write some proper fanfiction but apparently someone beat me to it.

Damn.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #9899 on: November 06, 2013, 09:24:59 pm »

Dammit, I want to know how that MindyLou story ends. Does she make out with Oric? Does she make out with Al?

...does she make out with Riltia?!?

Yaos/Lichenstein is now my favorite pairing, to boot. High five, MindyLou1516
Pages: 1 ... 658 659 [660] 661 662 ... 1544