Poll

Who's excited for Warrens' return?

me
- 8 (16%)
me
- 2 (4%)
me
- 5 (10%)
help i'm trapped in a poll i don't know why i'm here i'm so scared someone please help
- 29 (58%)
me
- 6 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Pages: 1 ... 455 456 [457] 458 459 ... 1544

Author Topic: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome ???  (Read 3894334 times)

RanDomino

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: Goom-bess has -4 Plot Importance
« Reply #6840 on: July 05, 2013, 11:59:23 am »

And we teamed with Riltia.

The quest-givers seem the type to not accept quest completion unless it's done to their standards...which probably aren't all on that little scrap of paper and will be adjusted to prevent loophole abuse.
Considering what FFS said a few pages ago about breaking the game to win, it seems like their standards should be updated to CAUSE loophole abuse.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6841 on: July 05, 2013, 02:27:41 pm »

The quest-givers seem the type to not accept quest completion unless it's done to their standards...which probably aren't all on that little scrap of paper and will be adjusted to prevent loophole abuse.
Considering what FFS said a few pages ago about breaking the game to win, it seems like their standards should be updated to CAUSE loophole abuse.
I'd disagree...but the only way to find out is to ask, I guess.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6842 on: July 05, 2013, 02:44:15 pm »

Yes. I thought we had agreed on that already, though, and were just discussing the likeliest methods for completion.
NO. We're far from being able to complete it unless our loopholes instantly count, and there's cheaper quests we need the money to accept.

wwwaaaaaaaaiiit

Find and Catch an Abberant [sic] Thief?

MILI WAS A THING?
!!!

I had forgotten about that. Interesting...

Come to think of it, I wonder if the past-market place might be a thieves' den.

Exploiting to win does not mean having the world warp itself to make you win. It also doesn't mean anything you try will succeed.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6843 on: July 05, 2013, 02:51:34 pm »

Exploiting to win does not mean having the world warp itself to make you win. It also doesn't mean anything you try will succeed.
Which happens to be why I disagree.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #6844 on: July 05, 2013, 07:40:20 pm »

How about we get Ciro to recruit Ciro?
Then we'd complete the quest.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #6845 on: July 05, 2013, 07:48:34 pm »

Well, do we really want to get into the 'are we our own ally' debate? I guess that's what this all boils down to.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6846 on: July 05, 2013, 07:49:36 pm »

Or we could have Goom-Bess or Cherish take the quest, and then provide proof that Ciro is a sibling.

Right?
Sig

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6847 on: July 05, 2013, 08:00:46 pm »

Or we could have Goom-Bess or Cherish take the quest, and then provide proof that Ciro is a sibling.

Right?
This assumes they can take quests. Cherish probably can unless the questgiver's a dick (very high chance), but Goom-bess is an Illborn mercenary in our service. Who knows what rules might apply to that.

Assuming Cherish can, I guess we could try breaking the party, having Cherish grab it, and then joining us, but then she'd have been acting on our behalf the whole time, ie already allied. Not counting any other reason it might fail.
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #6848 on: July 05, 2013, 08:13:21 pm »

Well, do we really want to get into the 'are we our own ally' debate? I guess that's what this all boils down to.

Dunno, can we be our own ally and our own worst enemy at the same time? Because I'm pretty sure we're demonstrably the latter.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #6849 on: July 05, 2013, 08:15:01 pm »

Dunno, can we be our own ally and our own worst enemy at the same time? Because I'm pretty sure we're demonstrably the latter.
See, that's a philosophical question of whether the moral standpoint of what we're shooting for is what we're reaching for.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6850 on: July 05, 2013, 08:27:10 pm »

Look, we can apply for the quest now, see if we qualify, ally Proxxy, and if we didn't get the Quest then we get it the other then!

Simple!
Sig

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6851 on: July 05, 2013, 08:28:50 pm »

Except then between now and when we club Proxxy into submission, we have no money that we could have spent elsewhere. Like on other quests we might complete while exploring west of the market or in Outer Underside.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6852 on: July 05, 2013, 08:31:08 pm »

True.

We should probably take the other quests first.
Sig

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #6853 on: July 05, 2013, 09:29:44 pm »

Arena monies?
It's FEF, not FEOF

Brilliand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6854 on: July 06, 2013, 02:41:50 am »

My interpretation is that the quest would require us to obtain a new sibling ally (that wasn't our ally previously) after the quest is accepted.  With that definition, Riltia and Ciro wouldn't qualify, but Proxxy... maybe.  Depends how strictly the bit in parenthesiss is interpreted.  Regardless, I'm sure we'll ally with a few more siblings in the future - we just need to manage to have the quest accepted when that happens.
The blood of our enemies is but a symbol.  The true domain of Armok is magma - mountain's blood.
Pages: 1 ... 455 456 [457] 458 459 ... 1544