Poll

Who's excited for Warrens' return?

me
- 8 (16%)
me
- 2 (4%)
me
- 5 (10%)
help i'm trapped in a poll i don't know why i'm here i'm so scared someone please help
- 29 (58%)
me
- 6 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Pages: 1 ... 451 452 [453] 454 455 ... 1544

Author Topic: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome ???  (Read 3892255 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: Goom-bess has -4 Plot Importance
« Reply #6780 on: July 04, 2013, 08:09:30 am »

I'm not sure how much money we have at the moment...

But yeah, that's probably an option.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

nightcrafter27

• Bay Watcher
  • Extrapolator Extrodinator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6781 on: July 04, 2013, 09:30:18 am »

Whew. Finally caught up.

My two cents on why Ciro bled: she bleeds right when Megaman is saying that you do a set amount of damage in tactical mode. Set damage = no dice rolling. Not using dice makes Ciro feel like she's been stabbed in the heart :P

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #6782 on: July 04, 2013, 10:30:26 am »

...speaking of which, I'd dig for it myself, but you likely remember the answer anyway- what happens if we bloodshape armor or similar?
Did we ever try?
Don't believe so, but I'm pretty sure we asked FFS about it and he answered.

EDIT: I've found where someone asked about it, but FFS didn't answer. That was during the Yaos debacle, I could have sworn it came up much earlier...

I don't remember exactly when he mentioned it (and I don't think I linked to it, worse luck) but I'm PRETTY SURE IIRC that armor is MHP, same as a melee weapon. Since it trades MHP for DR, it could be a pretty good trade depending on the exact ratio.

Also the reason we have enough HP to mess around in melee is because we DON'T have a bloodshaped melee weapon; make one of those, and we're back to fragile berserker status.

Hey, lurker here. Since you guys seem to have forgotten, I'd like to point out that one of the shops in the Underside sells weapons, so if you don't find anything on the rest of D2, there's always that.
I'm not sure how much money we have at the moment...

But yeah, that's probably an option.

OP says we have 25 Stream Rubies, and while that's not quite up to date I think it's accurate in that regard. A spear costs 20, so that's a good fallback plan. Still in favor of searching for randomly generated loot first, though; if nothing else it'd be nice to get enough money for the spear AND an ice scroll.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6783 on: July 04, 2013, 10:32:59 am »

The question isn't if we can buy X, it's if we should buy X.

...What do you think the chance is that we can do some odd jobs around town for spare change?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6784 on: July 04, 2013, 10:34:41 am »

OP says we have 25 Stream Rubies, and while that's not quite up to date I think it's accurate in that regard. A spear costs 20, so that's a good fallback plan. Still in favor of searching for randomly generated loot first, though; if nothing else it'd be nice to get enough money for the spear AND an ice scroll.
Yes, ice scroll is more important.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #6785 on: July 04, 2013, 10:40:08 am »

Actually, you know what, changing vote to explore that bit in the Underside Village first. It's the biggest population center in the game so far, so I wouldn't be surprised if they've got a professional blacksmith/alchemist/crafting-tutorial-guy who can fix weapons or give us information on how to do so. Maybe not, of course, but the possibility puts me over the edge for now. It'll probably take a few updates for that skill to cook anyway, we can probably explore both places.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6786 on: July 04, 2013, 10:42:45 am »

Sounds like a good thing to do at some point.
Sig

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6787 on: July 04, 2013, 10:47:44 am »

Wasn't a kind of scroll that let us craft stuff? I doubt FFS will put carfting as a kind of profession. Because it would mean farming for stuff, then.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6788 on: July 04, 2013, 10:55:14 am »

We can try!

We will make an Ice Spear of Hookiness!

(Besides, we made that chain-lamp-sword-flail thingy, didn't we?)
Sig

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #6789 on: July 04, 2013, 10:56:19 am »

Wasn't a kind of scroll that let us craft stuff? I doubt FFS will put carfting as a kind of profession. Because it would mean farming for stuff, then.

You might be thinking of the Enchant scroll, but we DO have access to a craft store full of reagents and essences and things, and I would expect any blacksmith willing to do work for us would demand fairly exotic weapon components. ffs usually discourages farming by making it not worth the time; all the good stuff is random loot, which you have to enter new rooms to get.

We can try!

We will make an Ice Spear of Hookiness!

(Besides, we made that chain-lamp-sword-flail thingy, didn't we?)

This is true! I wonder if we can break the ice haft in two pieces, tie rope to it and create Ice Nunchucks...

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6790 on: July 04, 2013, 11:00:27 am »

Yep, that's an irrufutable proof. We can craft even if we are not taught, then. But maybe getting introduced to some nice mechanics would be good. Yep, I'm not against exploring the rest of the village.

And, about Outer Underside, we need to fix the bridge first to go there.

This is true! I wonder if we can break the ice haft in two pieces, tie rope to it and create Ice Nunchucks...
Amazing idea

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6791 on: July 04, 2013, 11:01:21 am »

I can't help but worry about the stats of ice nunchaku...
Sig

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6792 on: July 04, 2013, 11:06:08 am »

The spear stats are already bad, so it doesn't matter.

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6793 on: July 04, 2013, 12:21:24 pm »

The spear stats are already bad, so it doesn't matter.

Quote from: from turn
...(1)...

Quote from: (broken) Spear's new menu
A rough, broken, half-stick of wood.
(1d1 damage)
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6794 on: July 04, 2013, 12:28:57 pm »

Quote from: (broken) Spear's new menu
A rough, broken, half-stick of wood.
(1d1 damage)

Or are you talking about another spear?
Pages: 1 ... 451 452 [453] 454 455 ... 1544