Poll

Who's excited for Warrens' return?

me
- 8 (16%)
me
- 2 (4%)
me
- 5 (10%)
help i'm trapped in a poll i don't know why i'm here i'm so scared someone please help
- 29 (58%)
me
- 6 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Pages: 1 ... 432 433 [434] 435 436 ... 1544

Author Topic: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome ???  (Read 3896385 times)

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: Preparations
« Reply #6495 on: June 30, 2013, 08:15:31 pm »

1) If we retreat, retreat West. If that's our plan we should at least hit the restore point to get back to max.

2) If we retreat, retreat with everyone. Every time somebody has run offscreen to do something, it took them multiple turns to come back. If we assume they travel one room per combat update, that's six turns of combat of us versus the boss. The boss who will immediately start swarming wisps to heal him and nuke us. We don't know how much SP his abilities cost, and he's got plenty to play with. Even if we figure three turns travel time, even if we figure two turns and then we get our HP/SP back even though we aren't with the party at the restore point... it's not a good gamble. We might be the toughest member of the party, but we're still hella squishy.

3) If we retreat, I'm against equipping anyone else with our blood. It costs us MHP, and being more of a glass cannon is not the best plan to me. The spear works at med range for Cherish, and Goombess can spend her time stomping wisps. If we're gonna retreat and come back, we do it right this time. As Tomcost said, the boss isn't that tough, we'd have defeated him by now if Cherish hadn't dropped her spear.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6496 on: June 30, 2013, 08:16:58 pm »

Yes, the mook maker makes medics. But the current hypothesis is that, if the wisps have an SP stat, then you can wear them down. We haven't seen them restore SP yet. So the idea is that if creating mooks costs SP, and we KNOW that healing costs SP, then eventually everybody will run out of SP and we can just pick them off. It'll require a restructuring of abilities, probably some grinding, and some actual goddamn coordination (and luck) to work. It would be a lot easier if we had Riltia, for the whole Glass Guardian thing.
How do we know that the Big Wisp's Wisp-summoning takes MP? After all, Ciro can create blasts of deadly blood without spending any MP.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6497 on: June 30, 2013, 08:20:23 pm »

yep, as the only thing the BG can't get back while in fight are his MPs, and we don't know how does he use them, it should be better to flee and regroup.

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6498 on: June 30, 2013, 08:25:43 pm »

and we KNOW that healing costs SP,
If you mean the wisps healing Big Wisp, we know no such thing. Their healing is their basic attack, which is unlikely to cost SP.
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6499 on: June 30, 2013, 09:04:55 pm »

Alright, I thought I'd get an update out, but it looks like late tomorrow at the very least before it'll be here. No time or hiatus for a DYCI, so it's now ASK FREEFORM QUESTIONS TIME. Here's a few answers to start us off.

Since we won't be hearing it in-game, here's the finished version of Proxxy War: http://dexworks.net/Ffschooler/ProxxyWar.mp3
Why won't we be hearing it?
More to the point, when would we be hearing it?

Forgot to answer this. The original concept was Spirit Duels would be playable in Flash game format (and more of a run-and-jump hack-and-slash deal than an elaborate puzzle battle), but I realized that wouldn't be sustainable at all. I'm still planning to have at least one thing like this near the end of the game. It's a long way off.

Floe of Time, eh?

Does this count as cheating?

That was a very bland sketch for a theoretical piece I only uploaded to show Derm. Good investigative skills, though, and nah, it's not cheating. The dexworks directory there is a gold mine for my bad abandoned internet projects.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

Are you single  You originally stated this was a diversionary game for you.  How much time did you really intend to put in to it as of that first post?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Are you single  You originally stated this was a diversionary game for you.  How much time did you really intend to put in to it as of that first post?

I always try to make estimates as to how long a game is going to run at the start of the thread so as to let the readers know how invested they should be. Usually these estimates are either correct or too long (with games that die in days or hours), but this one ended up being far too short. When I started the game, I already hated running suggestion games, so this was likely going to be the last one I ran for a long time if ever on the forum.

It ended up making me like running suggestion games again. Final Fantasy parallels, anyone?

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile

How viable is diplomancing everything forever with our ring in this game? 'Cause we should try that.

On that note, crazy idea. Think we can 'surrender' to the giant wisp to manage to sneak past him, and perhaps get to Proxxy that way? Work that shenanigan/diplomancer ring.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

How viable is diplomancing everything forever with our ring in this game? 'Cause we should try that.
Requires enemies open to diplomancy.

On that note, crazy idea. Think we can 'surrender' to the giant wisp to manage to sneak past him, and perhaps get to Proxxy that way? Work that shenanigan/diplomancer ring.
That's crazy, alright.
FULL-Boss Battle with the healer at 1 HP, Goom-Bess a bit better and MPless, and us not certain if we can finish off a one-thirds-dead mini-boss?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Viable up to things that already want to kill you. That's where we start seeing DC 20 and 25 rolls and diplomacy weakens.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile

That's crazy, alright.
FULL-Boss Battle with the healer at 1 HP, Goom-Bess a bit better and MPless, and us not certain if we can finish off a one-thirds-dead mini-boss?
I figured we'd try to use diplomacy on Proxxy to get her to join us, I think that was the vague plan, wasn't it?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Viable up to things that already want to kill you. That's where we start seeing DC 20 and 25 rolls and diplomacy weakens.
In other words:
"You'll need another Ring before diplomacy becomes a halfway viable combat option."

That's crazy, alright.
I figured we'd try to use diplomacy on Proxxy to get her to join us, I think that was the vague plan, wasn't it?
True, but backups are always nice for when a plan like that goes south...
Sig

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile

hmm, IAMA questions...

How much random crap ah, how many creative assets (art, music, whatever) have you made thinking you'll use it in Warrens, only for the game go in other directions, or for you to rethink/redo what you had?

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

How much random crap ah, how many creative assets (art, music, whatever) have you made thinking you'll use it in Warrens, only for the game go in other directions, or for you to rethink/redo what you had?

I'll boot up some of the old files in a few and let you know.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Question:What would happen if Ciro tries to eat people, like he ate the TM?

Serious Question: Will you ever make the second part of Angel.html?
Pages: 1 ... 432 433 [434] 435 436 ... 1544