Poll

Who's excited for Warrens' return?

me
- 8 (16%)
me
- 2 (4%)
me
- 5 (10%)
help i'm trapped in a poll i don't know why i'm here i'm so scared someone please help
- 29 (58%)
me
- 6 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Pages: 1 ... 430 431 [432] 433 434 ... 1544

Author Topic: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome ???  (Read 3896833 times)

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: Preparations
« Reply #6465 on: June 30, 2013, 01:48:14 pm »

Floe of Time, eh?

Does this count as cheating?

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6466 on: June 30, 2013, 01:50:09 pm »

Hm...they do sound a lot a like. A little dissonant if played simultaneously, but meh.

Maybe that's just the style of Warrens boss battle music?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #6467 on: June 30, 2013, 01:54:14 pm »

It's not a huge hint, but Floe of Time probably tells us something. I haven't followed many FFS games, but I'm pretty sure Floe can only refer to our Warrens.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6468 on: June 30, 2013, 02:09:36 pm »

One of two possibilities:
1. Floe has temporal abilities.
2. Freeform just thought it was a great pun.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #6469 on: June 30, 2013, 03:35:25 pm »

-1 to having Ciro hold the fort.
 All the wisps would need would be a couple of lucky turns of rolls...
After the first, Ciro could run as well...
Not if the Big wisp stands in front of the gate.

Besides, what would we gain. Ciro is out of MP, and in any case, he can't really inflict enough damage to keep the wisps from healing. God forbid if it spawns another one. (That was an option right?)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6470 on: June 30, 2013, 03:38:14 pm »

1. If the Big Wisp stands in front of the gate, Ciro won't be able to get back in either. So either way, we'll be a bit screwed...and in a dull way. Knowing freeform, he'd choose a much more interesting way to screw us over. Besides, we just shoot him!
2. The main point isn't "Ciro will defeat the Wisps on her own!," it's more "Ciro will hurt the Wisps and survive long enough for the others to come back and help finish, which keeps us from losing all our progress from going back and healing."
Sig

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #6471 on: June 30, 2013, 03:42:19 pm »

Another interesting note. We're in a fight with the dungeon levels boss, and this big Wisp is her last resort. Proxie has control of the dungeon level, and presumably can make floors at will. Would be a sad thing if Cherish and Goombess couldn't return.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6472 on: June 30, 2013, 03:43:42 pm »

Considering that the little wisps can heal the bigger one, and that BW can summon more, I don't know if there is much progress to lose. Wasn't the big one at 13HP? I don't know if this is going to be worthwhile.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6473 on: June 30, 2013, 03:45:02 pm »

Another interesting note. We're in a fight with the dungeon levels boss, and this big Wisp is her last resort. Proxie has control of the dungeon level, and presumably can make floors at will. Would be a sad thing if Cherish and Goombess couldn't return.
If we all leave, who knows where this room could be?

Considering that the little wisps can heal the bigger one, and that BW can summon more, I don't know if there is much progress to lose. Wasn't the big one at 13HP? I don't know if this is going to be worthwhile.
Isn't its full HP around 25-30? That's about half; abandoning the effort entirely would give us double the work.

I'm trying to compromise, guys. Take the best of both worlds.
Sig

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6474 on: June 30, 2013, 03:46:10 pm »

That compromise will get us killed.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #6475 on: June 30, 2013, 03:47:34 pm »

Everyone being lost in the same place is a far better situation than Ciro vs Megawisp, on his own.

Abandonning entirely gives us the chance to come up with some clever shenanigans, in order to kill it this time. (Ice spear + water = Ice. Make improvised ice fortifactions to take with you?)

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #6476 on: June 30, 2013, 03:54:34 pm »

Wait wait. The skill tree. We might be able to make ourselves an ice skill. Shave off a bit of ice from the spear, put that and a bottle of water into the tree, and cook until done.

+1 to retreating.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6477 on: June 30, 2013, 03:55:47 pm »

Wait wait. The skill tree. We might be able to make ourselves an ice skill. Shave off a bit of ice from the spear, put that and a bottle of water into the tree, and cook until done.
Okay, that little gem pushed me over the edge.

Retreat and do Skill Plan. Maybe fill the bottle with MP-Fountain stuff first.
Sig

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6478 on: June 30, 2013, 04:17:08 pm »

Isn't its full HP around 25-30? That's about half; abandoning the effort entirely would give us double the work.

Just for clarification

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6479 on: June 30, 2013, 05:13:07 pm »

Just for clarification
Wow. He was remarkably tough to take down for 20 HP.
Darn Wisps...
Sig
Pages: 1 ... 430 431 [432] 433 434 ... 1544