Poll

Who's excited for Warrens' return?

me
- 8 (16%)
me
- 2 (4%)
me
- 5 (10%)
help i'm trapped in a poll i don't know why i'm here i'm so scared someone please help
- 29 (58%)
me
- 6 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Pages: 1 ... 391 392 [393] 394 395 ... 1544

Author Topic: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome ???  (Read 3893832 times)

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: Let's Get Al Back
« Reply #5880 on: June 11, 2013, 07:54:31 pm »

Isn't your score reset when you die?
Hmm... You're right.
Statement! Two-Love
It's FEF, not FEOF

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #5881 on: June 11, 2013, 09:02:05 pm »

So the new nugget I dug up in my continuing effort to index the thread is the code we intercepted in the Greens; namely, it settles the question about whether this cycle was unique/special/anomalous compared to the previous cycles. Not a very important question, maybe, but I do try to provide my citations!

OH DANG WAIT

YOU GUYS

Now that Cherish is back in the party, we should see if this other D:2 Checkpoint is active. The one in what appears to be Proxxy's private little checkpoint/storage room? The room that also has a hatch to the Hub? The Hub, which Proxxy uses as a shortcut for bypassing the dangers of the Warrens? We might be able to bypass the whole electric key thing and catch Proxxy by surprise by attacking through the Hub, assuming that Checkpoint isn't where Al and Riltia are to begin with!

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #5882 on: June 11, 2013, 09:05:39 pm »

OH DANG WAIT

YOU GUYS

Now that Cherish is back in the party, we should see if this other D:2 Checkpoint is active. The one in what appears to be Proxxy's private little checkpoint/storage room? The room that also has a hatch to the Hub? The Hub, which Proxxy uses as a shortcut for bypassing the dangers of the Warrens? We might be able to bypass the whole electric key thing and catch Proxxy by surprise by attacking through the Hub, assuming that Checkpoint isn't where Al and Riltia are to begin with!

Yer brilliant!

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5883 on: June 11, 2013, 09:15:32 pm »

Although logic says we should be able to, it looks like no. Perhaps it has to be Cherish that uses the save point?

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #5884 on: June 11, 2013, 09:23:37 pm »

Although logic says we should be able to, it looks like no. Perhaps it has to be Cherish that uses the save point?

Hmmm. After we perspective-switched from Cherish it was specifically mentioned we couldn't leave the Underside back to D:2 because it wasn't one of the "known locations for your current party". But now that we've got Cherish back, she should be able to teleport us there! We should poke the savepoint more, see if there's more checkpoint options if we scroll down or something, or have Cherish poke it, see if it gives her more options. Previous checkpoints had a bunch of open slots, maybe we can only see our top three in the savepoint to conserve space.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5885 on: June 11, 2013, 09:48:07 pm »

Aren't those interesting ideas?

Anyways, who am I playing Questions with now?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Inithis

• Bay Watcher
  • The Riftborn.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5886 on: June 11, 2013, 09:55:25 pm »

Perhaps I could be a worthy candidate?
He immediately begins to beavergoat the man quite thoroughly! At the very beginning, the man is mystified by James' actions, but his face quickly becomes a mask of horror when the procedure starts!

"OH GODS WHY? WHYYY?"

After a twenty minute session, the man is left white as a sheet, hairless and completely and utterly dead. James congratulates himself on a job well done!

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #5887 on: June 11, 2013, 10:01:03 pm »

Chapter 2.2 indexed in Advanced Navigation, 24 updates in that part plus one fan post translating the code in the Greens.

Spoiler: Al's Mystery Friend? (click to show/hide)

Al's Mystery Friend updoot. Here.

The next time we see Al, he's coming from the right in the Underside village. That's one of the three locations we've seen the Chief, though it's also the direction the Rillborn were coming from, so I bet the Chief was hanging out in the Council room where we've seen him on subsequent occasions. I believe this because he was hiding from the Rillborn like any sensible person and not because the theory is more interesting if the mystery friend isn't the Chief, no sir.

This has been monk12, giving you updates to questions nobody asked.

Also, just noticed that Ciro's personality shift coincided with a crazy flashback. And by "coincided" I mean "TOTES CAUSED PROBABLY MAYBE"

No real hints on when we encountered Oric's Soul Star before the Oversoul segment, though I have a half-formed suspicion that the act of Oversouling was the connection... a lot of if and maybe in that though, I won't repeat it here.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5888 on: June 11, 2013, 10:13:53 pm »

Perhaps I could be a worthy candidate?
Are you willing?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5889 on: June 11, 2013, 10:17:39 pm »

Well.... Oric is referred to as a Warden; and theFlash game states the Oversoul has a Warden, so because Oric guards/Interacts with the OverSoul we indirectly met him.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #5890 on: June 11, 2013, 10:25:49 pm »

Well.... Oric is referred to as a Warden; and theFlash game states the Oversoul has a Warden, so because Oric guards/Interacts with the OverSoul we indirectly met him.

Yeah, that's basically it. It requires the Oversoul to specifically be a thing that exists and not just the consequence of too much Soul Charge, and it requires the flash prologue to be canon enough to allow as evidence that the Oversoul has a Warden, and it requires Oric to be that Warden, and even then it kinda implies that for the contact to be strong enough to count (we had already met Blue Chick at that point, and if she has a Soul Star it didn't show up) it probably means Oric was either manipulating the Oversoul himself at that time, or he was responsible for instigating Oversoul Mode to begin with (in much the same way he instigated Riltia's monster transformation, for... whatever purpose.)

...alternately, Blue Chick is Oric in disguise? Doesn't make a lick of sense, really, but it would explain why Oric's symbol showed up in Oversoul and not a new one for Blue Chick.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5891 on: June 11, 2013, 10:37:00 pm »

Yaos said he came to the Warrens to learn about and acquire new and powerful weapons and armor I think.
he came to the Warrens to look for A powerful weapon.

He came for Oversoul; which was described as a weapon sought after by kings.
A power sought out by evil rulers and corrupt dictators for millenea. One time-wrought eye gives life, another takes it. Total control. Total domination. Total and complete power.
This translation also says that a life must be given, in order for another to take it.
I've been saying the Oversoul was of plot relevance for awhile.

Also: If Oric isn't the Warden from the Prologue Flash Game; he at least Overthrew the position of the last Warden
Just a thought:What if the Titles for every sibling was decided by the "Angels" and not the Siblings themselves...

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #5892 on: June 11, 2013, 10:39:14 pm »

Betweenford christened "Oric The Awesome?" That doesn't sound likely, what rhymes with awesome?

Brilliand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5893 on: June 11, 2013, 10:42:43 pm »

Hmmm. After we perspective-switched from Cherish it was specifically mentioned we couldn't leave the Underside back to D:2 because it wasn't one of the "known locations for your current party". But now that we've got Cherish back, she should be able to teleport us there! We should poke the savepoint more, see if there's more checkpoint options if we scroll down or something, or have Cherish poke it, see if it gives her more options. Previous checkpoints had a bunch of open slots, maybe we can only see our top three in the savepoint to conserve space.

I think this needs a +1

Betweenford christened "Oric The Awesome?" That doesn't sound likely, what rhymes with awesome?

Blossom?  Possum?  I think I got those from VeggieTales...  ???
The blood of our enemies is but a symbol.  The true domain of Armok is magma - mountain's blood.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #5894 on: June 11, 2013, 10:45:30 pm »

Screw it, I'm sticking with "Blue Chick is Oric in drag" because that's hilarious to me.
Pages: 1 ... 391 392 [393] 394 395 ... 1544