Poll

Who's excited for Warrens' return?

me
- 8 (16%)
me
- 2 (4%)
me
- 5 (10%)
help i'm trapped in a poll i don't know why i'm here i'm so scared someone please help
- 29 (58%)
me
- 6 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Pages: 1 ... 371 372 [373] 374 375 ... 1544

Author Topic: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome ???  (Read 3893342 times)

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: Let's Get Al Back
« Reply #5580 on: June 05, 2013, 01:08:59 pm »

Thats probably for the best, its not really like anything is gonna be gained over heated discussion over slog.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5581 on: June 05, 2013, 01:21:00 pm »

As long as we can still tattle things, I'm happy.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #5582 on: June 05, 2013, 01:40:29 pm »

I'd just like to point out that there is no practical reason to ressurect Slog, especially with the (probably) vast expenditure of  time and effort that would require.
There is one simple reason for this: party size.
As soon as we get Riltia & Al back, we'll have a max party. (Riltia, Al, Ciro and Cherish are our best party members and as such should be active)
We'll even have to shunt the Goombess into passive.
The only reasons we'll want Slog back are to use it as a meatshield and for inventory space.
We cannot directly order PPMs, which I'd assume also includes giving them inventory stuff.
( I think we never tested that with Yaos, right?)
As such, Slog would, assuming we can actually ressurect it, would be unable to be used well as a damage sponge, and would take a stupid amount of party-shunting to be used as a pack mule. (with only 3 slots)
Just leave it guys (and possibly girls).
It's not worth it.

Heck, I don't even want Slog back as a party member, I just want him back as a mascot. Besides, resurrecting Slog will probably be an informative exercise (even if we just learn that rezzing Illborn is impossible.) I bet we'll still be able to use his inventory space even in the Passive Party, even if it isn't readily accessible in a combat situation. And I don't really see how too many party members is a problem, with how often we die and/or split up.

Finally, I don't see as he's distracting us horribly from what needs to be done. Slog's a low priority mission; basically a player-created sidequest. If we were working on him instead of Al/Riltia, yeah, that'd be a bit much, but as it stands he's just floating in a tube somewhere while we do important things, and when there's a lull in the action we might be able to finish the job. We're basically experimenting on how to bring back the dead using someone who isn't mission-critical (that we'd actually like to bring back anyway.) Return of Slog is a side benefit to the information we'll get from the attempt.

besides, he's ablorbable

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #5583 on: June 05, 2013, 01:51:58 pm »

I'd just like to point out that there is no practical reason to ressurect Slog, especially with the (probably) vast expenditure of  time and effort that would require.
As soon as we get Riltia & Al back, we'll have a max party. (Riltia, Al, Ciro and Cherish are our best party members and as such should be active)
The only reasons we'll want Slog back are to use it as a meatshield and for inventory space.
We cannot directly order PPMs, which I'd assume also includes giving them inventory stuff.
As such, Slog would, assuming we can actually ressurect it, would be unable to be used well as a damage sponge, and would take a stupid amount of party-shunting to be used as a pack mule. (with only 3 slots)
It's not worth it.

Heck, I don't even want Slog back as a party member, I just want him back as a mascot. Besides, resurrecting Slog will probably be an informative exercise (even if we just learn that rezzing Illborn is impossible.) I bet we'll still be able to use his inventory space even in the Passive Party, even if it isn't readily accessible in a combat situation. And I don't really see how too many party members is a problem, with how often we die and/or split up.

Finally, I don't see as he's distracting us horribly from what needs to be done. Slog's a low priority mission; basically a player-created sidequest. If we were working on him instead of Al/Riltia, yeah, that'd be a bit much, but as it stands he's just floating in a tube somewhere while we do important things, and when there's a lull in the action we might be able to finish the job. We're basically experimenting on how to bring back the dead using someone who isn't mission-critical (that we'd actually like to bring back anyway.) Return of Slog is a side benefit to the information we'll get from the attempt.

besides, he's ablorbable

This
It's FEF, not FEOF

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #5584 on: June 05, 2013, 03:42:20 pm »

Question: Who the F is Spira?
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #5585 on: June 05, 2013, 03:47:28 pm »

HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5586 on: June 05, 2013, 03:50:16 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
FFS himself stated he used the second image to make Spira; after he decided it would no longer be Oric

Brawler Mouse

• Bay Watcher
  • -1 Rodent Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5587 on: June 05, 2013, 03:50:56 pm »

Spira is a hydrated amorphous form of silica with a water content of 3-21% by weight. It is also the national gemstone of Australia, which provides over 95% of the world's supply of Spira.
Dendritic.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5588 on: June 05, 2013, 03:57:30 pm »

The Angels really like rhyming don't they?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5589 on: June 05, 2013, 04:00:39 pm »

And when the people in charge are noting anomalies, something weird is going on...
That may well happen every cycle.
If it happens regularly, why would it be considered an anomaly? Anomalies are weird, unexplained or unexpected things, not things that happen periodically. "It's been four years since the last presidential election and now there's another? What an anomaly!" I don't think so.

Seriously, diesdoes nobody remember Ciro mentioning Willborn during the Yaos soul fight?
I do!
Why?

Riltia's corruption was actually my other example :/

We've got two people that had their soul charge depleted (proven for Riltia when her soul star was "fixed" by Ciro putting some of his surplus soul energy into it) and that turned into monstrosities, yet there's a village full of illborn humans. SOMETHING isn't right here.
Something having to do with narrative control helped with Riltia, but I see your point...

The biggest difference between Yaos and, say, Slog, is that he has his Soul Star.
This is an excellent theory. Perhaps the difference is that Willborn still have their Soul Star, which even whilst depleted helps them hold on to a fraction of their old self. It's probably only a contributing factor, however--I'm imagining that Willborn are basically Illborn who maintained greater memory of their past selves.

Consider Slog's backstory.
Perhaps we should be looking at WHEN they lose any soul/soul charge instead of HOW they lose it.  Those who lose their soul on entry become Illborn, while those who keep their soul but run out of charge inside become Willborn- the latter being far more dangerous.
In other words, let's not let Al run out of charge.
Also a plausible theory, which implies that Yandere Riltia was not just Illborn, but Willborn.
I doubt this. For starters, unless most enterers get stuck with a Beam of Minus Soul Charge, Willborn should greatly outnumber Illborn and not the other way around, as has proven to be the case.

It's not worth it.
Agreed.
Not that we'll be in a majority.

The Angels really like rhyming don't they?
Yup.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #5590 on: June 05, 2013, 04:04:39 pm »

Perhaps we should be looking at WHEN they lose any soul/soul charge instead of HOW they lose it.  Those who lose their soul on entry become Illborn, while those who keep their soul but run out of charge inside become Willborn- the latter being far more dangerous.
Also a plausible theory, which implies that Yandere Riltia was not just Illborn, but Willborn.

Well, I'm basing this off the assumption that most entrants get their soul forcibly removed on entry.  Yaos did say s/he broke in instead of coming in normally.

How does the "world crossover" bit from the Arena and such fit in to all this?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5591 on: June 05, 2013, 04:13:47 pm »

Well, I'm basing this off the assumption that most entrants get their soul forcibly removed on entry.  Yaos did say s/he broke in instead of coming in normally.
Why would you assume that?
We don't know ANYTHING about how people enter, so I'm not going to assume that there's a soul-sucking device that usually works to justify a theory about Illborn being made when they arrive.

How does the "world crossover" bit from the Arena and such fit in to all this?
Who knows? I'm guessing that all entrance to the Warrens is by magical portal, and all exit by the same or death...what stops such portals from going between worlds? Certainly, what we've seen suggests such.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #5592 on: June 05, 2013, 04:15:43 pm »

Quite frankly, I think the "world crossover" thing is rubbish that doesn't have anything to do with anything, it was just a handwave to justify a Megaman-themed minibattle.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #5593 on: June 05, 2013, 04:16:47 pm »

But considering the "Link System" that FFS proposed once, it seems possible there was something more going on. BTW we still haven't had any confirmation if that is going to be a thing or not.
It's FEF, not FEOF

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5594 on: June 05, 2013, 04:39:31 pm »

But considering the "Link System" that FFS proposed once, it seems possible there was something more going on. BTW we still haven't had any confirmation if that is going to be a thing or not.

i have so many aborted games that could be hooked up to that link system, it would be utterly silly and utterly, pitifully abusable
Pages: 1 ... 371 372 [373] 374 375 ... 1544