Poll

Who's excited for Warrens' return?

me
- 8 (16%)
me
- 2 (4%)
me
- 5 (10%)
help i'm trapped in a poll i don't know why i'm here i'm so scared someone please help
- 29 (58%)
me
- 6 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Pages: 1 ... 335 336 [337] 338 339 ... 1544

Author Topic: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome ???  (Read 3895321 times)

BunnyBob77

• Bay Watcher
  • The Lurkmaster
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: We now return to...
« Reply #5040 on: May 31, 2013, 09:55:21 pm »

Hm... Crazy idea. Maybe Oric is an Illborne and wants to become non-illborne again? In order to do that, he'd need an insane amount of soul energy though in one go, which would require Ciro. So he wants to kill Ciro for his soul power.

Its been established that Soul Star users can be illborne but still not crazy, take Chief. What's to say that Oric isn't the same?
If Oric wanted to not be illborn, he could just kill anyone with soul charge, not necessarily Ciro.  It doesn't really explain why Oric wants Ciro specifically dead.

Brawler Mouse

• Bay Watcher
  • -1 Rodent Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5041 on: May 31, 2013, 10:10:39 pm »

Hm... Crazy idea. Maybe Oric is an Illborne and wants to become non-illborne again? In order to do that, he'd need an insane amount of soul energy though in one go, which would require Ciro. So he wants to kill Ciro for his soul power.

Its been established that Soul Star users can be illborne but still not crazy, take Chief. What's to say that Oric isn't the same?
If Oric wanted to not be illborn, he could just kill anyone with soul charge, not necessarily Ciro.  It doesn't really explain why Oric wants Ciro specifically dead.
While we're spouting out random theories: What if Ciro has Oric's soul, and he wants it back? The reason for the cycles would be the Astral Influx using "narrative control or something" to restart it, or reset the dungeon with a new host, so it's stuck in a loop until the bearer of the astral influx succeeds, or the thief manages to stop it from resetting after he obtains it. Just some thoughts.

Keep in mind Oric IS The Thief, it's been confirmed. We should have his motivation involve obtaining something important in the rest of our theorycrafting.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2013, 10:20:22 pm by Brawler Mouse »
Dendritic.

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5042 on: May 31, 2013, 10:48:07 pm »

Keep in mind Oric IS The Thief, it's been confirmed. We should have his motivation involve obtaining something important in the rest of our theorycrafting.

Hence my first theory; he wants the OS. Or maybe he wants the Astral Influx, for its narrative control powers.

...I just had a great idea. We need to find Cherish, reclaim the Astral Influx, and try switching to Oric.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5043 on: May 31, 2013, 10:54:27 pm »

Derp... Oric can't be Illborn if his SoulStar is still active.
Oric stole CAIN's soul star.
Oric uses Ciro to be killed so he may harvest soul energies.

Oric already recreated his prison. He is the warden of this prison. And he puts Ciro(no matter the cycle) to the test. Maybe it doesn't have to do with the OS, maybe it has to do with a personal matter  from before the Siblings ever got put into prison, but Oric remembers.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
If Oric does not want Ciro dead for OS reasons, then he must have some other reason.Maybe being stuck inside your own prison for eternity is highly boring; and Oric just wants some entertainment.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #5044 on: May 31, 2013, 10:57:23 pm »

All posts, or just the updates?
For me, 90% of posts. Reading the theorycrafting posts kept me from skipping from update-to-update, mostly.
And only having 2 hours a night to read it after work, and I'm trying to keep up with what's happening in Perplexicon.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #5045 on: May 31, 2013, 11:03:00 pm »

You know... Sinful/Cain didn't know anything about Riltia. More importantly, he didn't identify her as any sort of "traitor." Has Oric said anything like that? Because the only person I can think of (besides Ciro) to refer to Riltia as the Traitor would be Betweenford. Raising the question of who exactly Riltia betrayed.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5046 on: May 31, 2013, 11:03:00 pm »

Oric already recreated his prison. He is the warden of this prison. And he puts Ciro(no matter the cycle) to the test. Maybe it doesn't have to do with the OS, maybe it has to do with a personal matter  from before the Siblings ever got put into prison, but Oric remembers.
If Oric does not want Ciro dead for OS reasons, then he must have some other reason.Maybe being stuck inside your own prison for eternity is highly boring; and Oric just wants some entertainment.
Still intending to do that reread, but:

If the reason Oric is after the Target is because he's recreating the prison (still wondering if he was actually referring to himself or meaning someone or something else with that, btw), I would imagine it'd be a more poetic* version than that. Ciro could have been the one to escape or a frequent escapee, so the Warrens is about trying to catch him because that's what the original prison was, for instance.

*I don't think poetic is the word I want, but I don't know what word I'm looking for here. I just get the feeling that if the Warrens is intended to "recreate the prison," it's a recreation and not an inversion or similar.

All posts, or just the updates?
For me, 90% of posts. Reading the theorycrafting posts kept me from skipping from update-to-update, mostly.
And only having 2 hours a night to read it after work, and I'm trying to keep up with what's happening in Perplexicon.
Yeesh, good luck. :x
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5047 on: May 31, 2013, 11:11:19 pm »

Spoiler: Clever FFS you! (click to show/hide)
Trying to tell us the dungeons are not sacred! Trying to fool us!(Or at least the OS Temple is Sacred)

Still intending to do that reread, but:

If the reason Oric is after the Target is because he's recreating the prison (still wondering if he was actually referring to himself or meaning someone or something else with that, btw), I would imagine it'd be a more poetic* version than that. Ciro could have been the one to escape or a frequent escapee, so the Warrens is about trying to catch him because that's what the original prison was, for instance.

*I don't think poetic is the word I want, but I don't know what word I'm looking for here. I just get the feeling that if the Warrens is intended to "recreate the prison," it's a recreation and not an inversion or similar.
I'm saying the Warrens are already his prison; as Wilford said; this is where all the prisoners were transferred to. Oric is just trying to keep it a prison, rather than his eternal tomb(Because he can't die, nor escape)
Proxxy also hints that escape is not an option, because that would be betraying Oric. Why would escaping your own prison betray Oric; unless he has a purpose here, which seems to just be keeping his own Siblings inside the Warrens, or maybe something even more dangerous than the siblings themselves(Like the OS, which is so powerful it requires it's own personal "Angelic" Warden to be assigned to it)

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #5048 on: May 31, 2013, 11:16:36 pm »

Well, I made it to the current page in both that and this. And I haven't lost any more sanity then I wasn't already missing.  :P
Seriously, though, sitting around and reading or playing videogames or the like is all I have to do when I'm not working. And with summer hours now, I have less work and more free time - mostly spent in commute.  ::)
It took longer to get through every single page of Perplexicon during the fall hours (busiest time of year). Took the entire fall, and I still missed a lot of publicly available words. :P

Getting on topic, I don't recall Betweenford calling Rilita Traitor, I thought he was calling Ciro the traitor. Though I'm probably wrong.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5049 on: May 31, 2013, 11:25:21 pm »

Look at the things around Oric's hand. They resemble the outline of a Soul Star. Is that his Soul Star doing that, or does he have some sort of power over the Stars, and therefore their respective souls?

Also, while reading that post (reference), I had an idea. What if it's Ciro recreating the prison?

The title is "The Warrens of Oric the Awesome". It sounds like Oric is the owner, but what if Oric is the prisoner?

New theory: The existence of the Warrens is tied to Ciro being alive, not Oric. Oric wants Ciro dead so he can escape the Warrens.

Typical cycle sequence: Ciro kills all 4 minor Siblings (Proxxy the Mechanic, Floe the Voice, Riltia the ? ? ? ?, and ? ? ? ? the Eye), confronts Oric and defeats him using the Oversoul, and then finds Cain the Sinful. In exchange for his freedom, Cain helps Ciro reset the cycle, re-imprisoning the other Siblings. Cain kills the minor Siblings. Oric imprisons Cain for his betrayal and reincarnates the minor Siblings.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2013, 11:26:59 pm by Mego »

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5050 on: May 31, 2013, 11:33:33 pm »

I would have thought a typical cycle sequence would involve us just collecting loot until our unfateful demise, until we are revived by Oric/Angels.
Although Oric is a prisoner of the Warrens, he might also be a guard; guarding the OS from escaping or somesuch like that.

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5051 on: May 31, 2013, 11:44:45 pm »

I would have thought a typical cycle sequence would involve us just collecting loot until our unfateful demise, until we are revived by Oric/Angels.
Although Oric is a prisoner of the Warrens, he might also be a guard; guarding the OS from escaping or somesuch like that.
We've already died once this cycle.
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5052 on: May 31, 2013, 11:45:55 pm »

This is supposed to be an inconsistent cycle though! With so many more mistakes!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5053 on: June 01, 2013, 06:13:02 am »

Look at the things around Oric's hand. They resemble the outline of a Soul Star. Is that his Soul Star doing that, or does he have some sort of power over the Stars, and therefore their respective souls?
It looks like the Astral Influx's outline, so I'm guessing the latter.

This is supposed to be an inconsistent cycle though! With so many more mistakes!
I'm not buying it.

Four things to consider about "remaking the prison":
1. If someone is remaking the prison, they were imprisoned before. When? (Don't just say "Previous cycles"--the Cycles started sometime, as far as we can tell.)
2. What if whoever is "recreating the prison" hasn't finished it yet?
3. Why does Rilitia know the answer?
4. Floe is The Voice.
]
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #5054 on: June 01, 2013, 06:38:44 am »

Also, if Cain has acces to the Oversoul, why is he on D:3, and not deeper down?

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.
Pages: 1 ... 335 336 [337] 338 339 ... 1544